Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I have a small back deck which is like a porch abd I like to BBQ and each on it sometimes but mostly smoke weed and look at the stars for a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

me your dad posted:

It depends entirely where you're looking. Many cities in the US are outrageously expensive. A "starter" single family home in my area (Washington, DC suburbs) starts at about $550,000 for a house built in the 1960s.

$550k is pretty cheap for Oz. Last time I checked about 6 years ago the median was about $600k+

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Aussie dollars are only worth 70% of an American one. That would be like 800k-ish in dollarydoos.

Well, that was back when we had more or less parity.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Quiet Feet posted:

It is! I tried growing tomatoes on it one summer years back but they weren't doing so great as there's a ton of shade. That was probably 6 or 7 years ago and the trees around have only gotten taller since. When we first moved in we were able to see the second floor of our neighbors house. Veggies are definitely out. But come to think of it we have had some luck with fuchsia and impatiens hanging from baskets underneath the deck. They'd probably be fine on it.

Plant a passion fruit vine, it'll probably do okay, make everything green and you'll have passion fruit for days.