Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

My dad, big time Hunter, stores all hunting clothes in baking soda. Including under clothes/shirts/underwear.

Morning of, showers with specific de-scenting soap.

After, washes clothes in de-scenting detergent and they go back into bins with baking soda. I don't know if this is necessary, but it helps.

I was hoping to get out this year, but I'm moving again so it's not going to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

I haven't hunted since my dad took me as a kid. I have all his guns now. Really want to get out for winter Whitetail, but I also don't have a deep freeze. I've got private land figured out and it's got a stand in it. Pretty tame compared to the massive treks from the last page. I THINK I have someone who can show me how to skin/clean. Else I can just take it to the processor.

Biggest obstacle looks like getting this .270 dialed in and my being able to shoot it accurately. It's a little more gun than I want, but for a first corn fed Whitetail hunt in years, not so worried. I'm also a little concerned about gun inheritance laws. As far as I know, it's been in limbo since he died.

Edit: Oh I have a question. Should I take this rifle into a shop before taking it to a range to sight in? Will also probably be wise to re-take hunter ed.

ThePopeOfFun fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jul 9, 2021