Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elchimpster
Mar 22, 2012
Anyone happen to have any luck with teal in the central flyway this year? Its awful dry down in my are and Im curious how everyone else has fared during the drought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elchimpster
Mar 22, 2012

Chernobyl Princess posted:

Clearing out the freezer, this was the last mallard of last season. Pan seared and roasted with chestnut mushrooms and onions, served with a red wine and venison stock pan sauce, rice, and balsamic roasted carrots and green beans.

The sauce broke, but otherwise this was incredible, and both my kids ate it without complaint, which is a rare occurrence. Now we gotta stock back up on birds!

Hot drat that looks much fancier than Im used to. Im down in TX and we tend to just throw them on the pit

Elchimpster
Mar 22, 2012
Preffered rifle for deer season? I like the .30-.30 for shots in dense brush under 100 yards, .270 for anything farther than that.

Elchimpster
Mar 22, 2012
Is your 6.5 a savage?

https://www.academy.com/p/savage-arms-axis-xp-fde-spiderweb-compact-65-creedmoor-bolt-action-rifle?sku=6-5-creedmoor

I was considering one of these. I know its not fancy but its within my budget.

Elchimpster
Mar 22, 2012

the yeti posted:

It’s some kind of Axis, I forget the exact model. But yeah Savage is great value for budget in my experience.

Yes my 270 has never done me wrong. I also have a 30 year old .22lr by savage still running strong