Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?

My spirit animal. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person who really enjoys Arby's.

I'm very food motivated, especially post hike. The last few miles are almost always entirely fueled on loan from whatever I'm going to eat in the drive home. I like good food and nice restaurants but I also love poo poo fast food and hole in the wall towny places. Fish and chips, fresh lake perch, fried chicken, Mexican, Arby's, Wendy's, McDs, Chick-fil-A, barbecue, chili cheese dogs, burgers, wings, ice cream, corn dogs, pizza ... Even 7-11 jalapeno cream cheese taquitos on occasion. I've even gambled with long John silvers.

On my first rocky mountain trip, we once did a kfc/taco bell where I ordered off both menus. Got two chicken breasts, coleslaw and gravy, three crunchy tacos and the beefy burrito with the flaming hot Cheetos inside plus cinnamon twists. Ate it all and immediately passed out in my hotel room shortly after. The other time we went to a nice sit down barbeque place in boulder where I ate a whole rack of ribs plus sides.

Lately I've been on a dairy queen kick for a large Oreo blizzard and large fried cheese curds. Sometimes I'll throw Chili cheese dog in for good measure.

I only weigh 160 lbs so it's a mystery where all this food goes but I eat like a rabies ridden raccoon after I get off the trail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Agreed, while I enjoy more elevated cuisine, I can still roll around in the dumpster like a raccoon once in a while. Post hike food I feel zero shame.

I have had some servers laugh/balk when we order a second round of entrees though.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Just finished a trip this weekend and went straight to a brewery.

I got four tacos, a soft pretzel and queso, a coke and a Snicker's ice cream bar. Then I ate a piece of pizza when I got home.

Zero shame.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005

Epitope posted:

The only shameful thing there is getting a coke at a brewery. It might be the brewery's shame though, if they don't provide any better alcohol free options

Oh no, I got beer also. I just wanted something cold and fizzy after a trip. Nothing washes tacos down better than a cold Coke. The beer was okay.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005

Casu Marzu posted:

I did a 6mi tromp yesterday when it was 89F and like 74% humidity at 7am already, and on the way home I stopped and inhaled 2 large twist cones at DQ.

:stare:

I love twist cones and DQ, but I've literally never even considered getting two at a time? Do you eat one before the other or both simultaneously? I imagine both to keep up with the melting.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Thats impressive because I generally inhale ice cream and don't really get brain freeze. I'm usually finished with my large blizzard before my wife even gets three bites into hers.

I think the most ice cream I've ever had at one time was in Michigan at my parents cabin. We walked in town with my nephews to the ice cream shop and they have the midwest flavor "superman" which I hadn't eaten since I was little. I ordered a waffle cone. It was no joke, 4 giant scoops and probably stuck out 6" from the top of the waffle cone. If you don't know superman, its very kid friendly as its hyper sweet and has very intense levels of food coloring.

Not my photo

It umm. Well ... The human body should never consume that much food coloring. Or dairy.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005

The Saxecutioner posted:

Four half pound roast beef sandwiches from Arby's. I literally passed out at the table and the employees almost called EMS.

Lol. I'm one of the few people who loves Arby's. Ive eaten a few big Montana's over the years. And if you get curly fries, a cup of cheese is the perfect complement. I miss 5/$5 roast beefs.

I'll never forget after a backpacking trip in rocky mountain np, stopping at KFC/taco Bell and getting like $30 from both menus. I nearly passed out on the drive home and woke up feeling incredibly dehydrated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Oh Jesus, cycling. I had a Denny's Grand slam, a bacon cheeseburger, and a chocolate malt after riding 200 miles from Chicago to Michigan and getting stuck in a hail storm.