Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost

Where is this from? Link to it? I'd like to look around.

I've been saving money to get into kiteboarding/wingsuit skydiving but I think I'm going to focus in on paragliding instead. I've been into stunt kiting since I was a little kid and the feeling of wind force in my arms & body is super euphoric, it's a pretty strong sensory experience more than being just "fun." I see hawks and falcons drifting on thermals just over my head all the time when hiking mountains and I'm tired of being jealous, it's time I do something about it.

There's a place just outside of town that offers P2 certification for $2k that includes rental gear, free shuttles, 10 days of training and 35 - 50 flights. That's a pretty good deal, right? One of their co-founders was killed while paragliding last year but there aren't any other places around these parts so I won't hold it against them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
I live very near a training park and I've been saving money over the last year to get into it but... I'm not sure that I want to try paragliding anymore. The brother of a buddy of mine from high school died while paragliding at the same training park this morning and I inadvertently saw video of it. It wasn't graphic or anything but jeez, it hits a bit differently when it's somebody you know.