Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

ToxicFrog posted:

God, I wish there were paragliding options in my area. One city over there's a flight school, but they only do hang-gliders, as far as I can tell. There's a more local one that does ultralights, but only powered flight (trikes and small closed-cockpit affairs) -- I've done a few trike flights and they were amazing, but it would be nice to have more compact equipment and no motor. The nearest place I can find that actually does paragliding training is an hour and a half south of here.

It probably doesn't help that things are relatively flat -- I mean, it feels really hilly when you're biking around, but there's no nice mountains and little in the way of ridgelines or steep hills. The hang-glider schools seem to really favour tow launches (hydraulic or aero), with the one operating out of YKF describing an aero tow as "the only way to get serious airtime in Ontario".

:sigh:

What's up Ontario buddy. I also want to try paragliding but the closest school is a whiles out from London and while there is a train from Toronto to London, I don't have a drivers license to get me the rest of the way.
Seems like driving is kind of a prereq for this sport

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU