Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

Stuntman posted:

this looks dope, thank you!

veggies for yield def, i do have a yard to grow things in (assuming the master tenant is ok with me using it and given the state of the plants in the space that shouldn't be a problem) but wanted to start just doing easier poo poo in like pots on the windowsill before i go whole hog on this

For pots start off with herbs imho, basil, oregano, thyme are all easy to grow in pots and will give you good bang for your buck since you will be able to taste them in your food for relatively little effort. Then you can move on to growing some salads, lettuce, rocket, salad spinach will all grow quickly and well in pots and give you a high satisfaction return hopefully.

Once you go outside start out with basic stuff that's easy to grow like potatoes and courgettes. This will boost your morale and give you the strength to tackle the harder stuff. What is actually easy to grow will of course vary greatly depending on what climate you live in.

The key that I keep repeating here is make sure you are growing something that will baring disasters return a good yield for your effort. If you jump straight into harder stuff and it all dies after you put a ton of work in and you get nothing you will be put off for a long time probably, which would be a shame. Growing your own food is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
I’ve always wanted to try making a kind of railway system for a Galen. I hate bending down and sometimes I daydream about something like a massage table on wheels running on rails across the patch.

It would need a very flat garden and a lot of setup but you could just lie there in comfort pulling yourself forward as you wanted, plus you could fit sun shades, umbrellas, mosquito nets etc to it, all of which suck the fun out of gardening for me.