Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheLastManStanding
Jan 14, 2008
Mash Buttons!

Cugel the Clever posted:

Any folding kayak havers ITT? I've seen a couple around my local lakes and am curious about how they compare to inflatable. I'm a car-free apartment dweller, so size and portability are must-haves.
I'm in an apartment, so space was my main concern, which is why I bought an Oru Inlet; it's been amazing. Packed, it is about the same size as an inflatable paddle board, it weights 20 lbs (which is insanely light), and it sets up in literally 2 minutes (make sure to break it in ahead of time as the folds are extremely stiff to begin with). On the water it handles about how you would expect; roughly similar to really really short hard shell kayaks, significantly better than my Explorer K2. The seat is pretty bad, but better than the inflatable and it's been my only complaint. I wish it was a little narrower, but that's just the trade-off of not getting the sit-in version. It's definitely a head-turner; people ask me questions about it every time. It's better than the inflatable in every way except price: After taxes and a paddle it came out to under $1200, which is significantly more than the $95 I spent on the Explorer. If you know this is something you will be doing regularly and don't mind the price I would say go for it, otherwise buy a stand up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLastManStanding
Jan 14, 2008
Mash Buttons!
It should have come with a patch kit. Assuming it's lost, you can buy a patch kit at any outdoors store or on Amazon.