Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Poopelyse posted:

cool, thanks for the suggestions on paddleboards!

yeah, this sounds like a good choice. our dog is about 30 pounds so it seems like that Intex is a good one. I'll have to keep an eye out for any of this stuff to come back in stock...

Where are you located? Front Range?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Poopelyse posted:

I'm in Laramie. I ended up just buying whatever inflatable SUP was available on Amazon that was within my budget. already been out with it a few times and it's a fun time. even the dog is slowly getting used to sitting on it while we paddle

Well if you want another one at any point, a lot of the rental outfits in Fort Collins and Loveland sell off some of their stuff at the end of the season. Where do you paddle up there? Horsetooth is terrible and I need a new place to take the family for afternoon canoeing.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Holy poo poo hell yeah
That is awesome, do you have a full build thread anywhere? I know you detailed it a bit in here, cool if that’s all there is. I want to show this to some of my raft nerd friends.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Even a full size raft with an oar rig tracks lovely on flat water when it’s unloaded.
Well, relatively speaking. Who wants a rubber boat for flat water though. That thing is going to be a blast sending through some foamy poo poo.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Just a reminder to everyone potentially winterizing their inflatable boats:
Clean thoroughly, get down in the bilges, and treat generously with 303 protectant!.