Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

PuErhTeabag posted:

Thanks!

It doesn't track very well on open water and likes to spin easily. However, it does pack up nicely and inflates quickly with a foot pump. (inflation bag is on the to-do list and orally inflating is really unenjoyable) It sits fairly high in the water with me in it and is light.

Does anyone know how other packrafts maintain good open water tracking?

If I make a second version, I'm considering making it a little bit longer for this reason. I think having a load in the front (or maybe not having as strong of an up-tilt) would help a little also by pushing the bow down and giving some cross sectional area up front to prevent rotation. Maybe applying a tiny bit of tension to the floor would help redistribute my rear end-sag as well?

There's still a couple small slow leaks somewhere, but it wasn't noticeable during a 30 minute paddle. If I leave it inflated overnight, it'll be a little limp and wrinkly in the morning, but still mostly full.

some packrafts have a little slot where you can insert a fin for better tracking on open water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU