Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will you finally win this league this year?
This poll is closed.
Yes, but I've already won it before so :smug: 5 33.33%
Yes, this is my year of destiny. 2 13.33%
No, I plan on losing horribly and making terrible choices as usual. 6 40.00%
There will be no NFL this year so this is all pointless. 2 13.33%
Total: 15 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Welcome to Season 12 of the 20 team fantasy league! This is your deputy commissioner Silly Burrito starting this year's thread for darkwolf220, who is the actual commissioner of this fine league. Our current draft is tentatively scheduled for Sun, Aug 30, 2020, 8PM EASTERN TIME. This is subject to change, but for now, just go with it.

MEMBERS:
Priority goes to the players who got into the league last year. If you want in for 2020, post in THIS THREAD AND THE LEAGUE PAGE ON ESPN by Aug. 15th or your spot will be given up. If you changed your username or team name, let us know. Second priority goes to wait list people. If you want to be added to the wait list, post and we will add you first come first serve.

ROSTER BREAKDOWN:
Here are the current roster requirements. We have no plan changes for this year, but if you have a suggestion, feel free to suggest it.

1 QB
1 RB
1 WR
2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
1 TE
1 D/ST
1 K
5 Bench spots
2 IR

DRAFT:
We will be doing a live online draft. Please plan your schedules accordingly. Set your rankings or get a friend to draft for you if need be. Draft order will be randomized after the league is officially filled but the commissioners can be bribed.

LEAGUE SCHEDULING:
The schedules will be similar to last year, we will just shift the games using the same tool so that you should play a couple of different conference games and out of conference games.

-8 division games
-3 conference games
-2 out of conference games

We keep the same divisions. The AFC (Marino, Namath) and NFC (Montana, Romo) conferences will be placed on other ends of the real playoffs when the time comes.

SCORING:

PLAYOFF BERTHS:
The playoff berths are calculated based on the actual rules that the NFL has. Yes, this is a pain in the rear end, but it's a pain in the rear end of a labor of love, or something like that. Eight out of twenty of you happy assholes get in. Four division champions, two wild card berths in each conference. IGNORE ANY ESPN PLAYOFF SEEDINGS AS THE CALCULATIONS WILL BE POSTED IN THE THREAD.

SEASON 12 PLAYERS:
bbf2
Braksgirl
chrix
commish
darkwolf220
Eltoasto
Lock
Quiet Feet
Dubious
EconDad
jabro
ketchup vs catsup
Ninja Bob
Pain of Mind
Power of Pecota
punch drunk
ShakeZula
Silly Burrito
tuckfard
W.E. (Pecota's friend)

SEASON 12 TEAMS:
Akron Peppercorns (Power of Pecota)
Baller Status (commish)
Boudin Ballers (Silly Burrito)
Deflated Bush (jabro)
Electric Blue (EconDad)
Epstein's Tight End Memorial (punch drunk)
Fallin’ Mighty (Lock)
Flowers for Edgerrin (ShakeZula)
Kraft Macaroni and HJ Emporium (bbf2)
Naptown Sleepers (chrix)
New England Door Knockers (ketchup vs catsup)
Placeholder Names (Ninja Bob)
Rated R Superstars (tuckfard)
San Francisco PoM (Pain of Mind)
Seattle Fraisers (darkwolf220)
Spinnin Freeneys (Eltoasto)
Taco Tuesday (Braksgirl)
The Fightin' Slugs (W.E)
Washington Washingtons (Quiet Feet)
Wilfork’s Rib Factory (Dubious)

WAIT LIST FOR 2021, SEASON 13:
ASAPRockySituation (Diqnol)

LEAGUE LINKS:
Main League Page
Emergency Discord

HALL OF HONOR:
Season 01: Yaphet / J-City Rockstars [Joe Montana Division]
Season 02: bbf2 / Plaxico's Hand gun Emporium [Dan Marino Division]
Season 03: bbf2 / Stevie J's Hand gun Emporium [Dan Marino Division]
Season 04: JuicedSixFo / Zoltan Mesko [Dan Marino Division]
Season 05: chrix / Naptown Sleepers [Bart Starr/Tony Romo Division]
Season 06: Braksgirl / Taco Tuesday [Dan Marino Division]
Season 07: commish / Baller Status [Joe Namath Division]
Season 08: Diqnol / Double Discount Champ [Joe Montana Division]
Season 09: darkwolf220 / Seattle Fraisers [Joe Montana Division]
Season 10: Eltoasto / Spinnin Freeneys [Joe Namath Division]
Season 11: Lock / Chubb Hunter [Dan Marino Division]
Season 12: Quiet Feet / Washington Washingtons [Dan Marino Division]

DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIPS:
Dan Marino: 6
Joe Montana: 3
Joe Namath: 2
Tony Romo: 1

LEAGUE HISTORY:
Season 12 - Winning is Contagious
Season 11 - Now Entering 2 Decades of Bad Picks
Season 10 - Under NEW Management
Season 09 - The Final Sunday?
Season 08 - The Thing Still Exists?
Season 07 - What the gently caress is Wrong With Us?
Season 06 - Still Not as Tough as the SEC
Season 05 - The Only Place Dan Marino Gets a Ring
Season 04 - Bounty Programs Aint Crazy Y'all
Season 03 - More Nuts than CBA Arguments
Season 02 - Still loving Nuts
Season 01 - Let's Go Nuts

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Mar 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Reserved for darkwolf220.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I’m in!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

The Spinnin Freeneys shall be returning!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Team Huge Penis will return despite popular demand.

Edit: Holy poo poo how did I finish 11th last year? I was sure I must've been like 17th or summat.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jul 18, 2020

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Taco Tuesday is here everyday. Not just on Tuesdays. Just to be clear.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Back to continually lose in the play offs.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Ooh, I like the addition of the rings in the OP, I feel like I deserve two tiiny ones of these in that place:

Braksgirl posted:

Taco Tuesday is here everyday. Not just on Tuesdays. Just to be clear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWGw22BuMSk

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I am definitely in this year, and I will likely finish 12th or so!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Power of Pecota posted:

Ooh, I like the addition of the rings in the OP, I feel like I deserve two tiiny ones of these in that place:

Well that won't shrink well but I think I found an acceptable alternative for you.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Silly Burrito posted:

Well that won't shrink well but I think I found an acceptable alternative for you.

:drat:

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
The Emporium is back in action

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I was bored and felt like ignoring my family, so enjoy some stats:

Only 6 teams have been in the league every year (don't know SA names from the league):
Myself (SF PoM)
Spinning Freeneys
Beantown Beans
Akron Peppercorns
Jameis Crab Leg Emporium
Rated R Super Stars

Last year had the highest turnover with 8 teams leaving, including 6 that had been in for at least 5 years. The first year had the second highest turnover with 6 teams leaving, with all 6 being at the bottom of the standings (cowards). Most other years had 1 or 2 people leave. 27 people have left the league, 11 after only 1 year (5 after only 1 year not counting 2009).

Also, I plotted regular season points as a ranking (20 = most points, 1 = the least points) for every team that has been in the league for at least 4 years and was in the league last year or the year before (red = left after 2018). Each point is a year. I did not realize I would be first when I compiled the data, I thought I would be somewhere around third behind Boudin Ballers and Jameis Crab Leg Emporium, so I am a jerk for cherry picking a stat in a way that benefits me, but the work was already done by the time I knew :dealwithit:.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jul 19, 2020

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Pain of Mind posted:

Only 6 teams have been in the league every year (don't know SA names from the league):
Myself (SF PoM)
Spinning Freeneys
Beantown Beans
Akron Peppercorns
Jameis Crab Leg Emporium
Rated R Super Stars

Last year had the highest turnover with 8 teams leaving, including 6 that had been in for at least 5 years. The first year had the second highest turnover with 6 teams leaving, with all 6 being at the bottom of the leader-board (cowards). Most other years had 1 or 2 people leave. 27 people have left the league, 11 after only 1 year (5 after only 1 year not counting 2009).

Also, I plotted regular season points as a ranking (20 = most points, 1 = the least points) for every team that has been in the league for more than 4 years and was in the league last year or the year before (red = left after 2018). Each point is a year. I did not realize I would be first when I compiled the data, I thought I would be somewhere around third behind Boudin Ballers and Jameis Crab Leg Emporium, so I am a jerk for cherry picking a stat in a way that benefits me, but the work was already done by the time I knew :dealwithit:.

So if I'm reading this correctly, you and I are the top two as far as regular season performance, but then our teams poo poo the bed when it comes to the playoffs.

Personally, I still blame Aaron Rodgers.

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

Naptown Sleepers will be back this year.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
First on the waitlist... I'm tentatively liking my chances, here.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

lmao, that's great

Pain of Mind posted:

It's pretty clear exactly where my two s are from there, haha.

My favorite silly stat is that the winner of the Tony Romo/Bart Starr division has literally been one of three teams in the last 11 seasons, and all three have been around since either season 1 or 2:

Mikeykins (Inglourious Staffords, previously Jay and Pray/Sesame Berts) (10, 6, 2, 1)
Akron Peppercorns (11, 7, 5, 3)
Naptown Sleepers (9, 8, 4)

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Checking in quickly with a 'technically alive'

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin

Power of Pecota posted:

My favorite silly stat is that the winner of the Tony Romo/Bart Starr division has literally been one of three teams in the last 11 seasons, and all three have been around since either season 1 or 2:

Mikeykins (Inglourious Staffords, previously Jay and Pray/Sesame Berts) (10, 6, 2, 1)
Akron Peppercorns (11, 7, 5, 3)
Naptown Sleepers (9, 8, 4)

Stupid stat, imo

Also, back in as usual.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

tuckfard posted:

Stupid stat, imo

Also, back in as usual.

iirc you knocked me out in the playoffs two of the years I got it!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Cool, already 12 teams out of 20 back already! :dance:

One quick request. Can you either make a new post or just edit your "I'm back" post with your team name if it's not already there? If we have any new players, it'll be easier and I'll just collect them all and put them in the OP later to match SA usernames with teams.

Just something simple like:

Boudin Ballers (Silly Burrito)

Thanks!

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jul 23, 2020

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Deflated Bush

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

HUGE PENIS PLEASE RESPOND

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Akron Peppercorns (one of the original 20 :sbahj: )

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Not too late to get in on this again this year, is it? Not like I have a championship to defend or anything....

e: Chubb Hunter, name likely to change.

Lock fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jul 24, 2020

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Lock posted:

Not too late to get in on this again this year, is it? Not like I have a championship to defend or anything....

e: Chubb Hunter, name likely to change.

Nope. Welcome back!

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Flowers for Edgerrin (a name that came to me in a flash of inspiration but that nobody seems to find as genius as I do :( )

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Beantown Beans of Soon-to-be-changed-back-to-Seattle-Fraisiers because Boston sucked.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

darkwolf220 posted:

Beantown Beans of Soon-to-be-changed-back-to-Seattle-Fraisiers because Boston sucked.

Nooooo! I loved the Beantown Beans of Beaniness.

We Want The Rouge will regrettably have to retire after 1 season. It was fun and I may be back in the future.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

MakaVillian posted:

Nooooo! I loved the Beantown Beans of Beaniness.

We Want The Rouge will regrettably have to retire after 1 season. It was fun and I may be back in the future.

Dang, sorry to see you go. Hope you come back!

EconDad, that means you're in! Just shoot me a PM with your email and I'll send an invite.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
That’s awesome (for me). I was beginning to think that nobody was dropping out.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

EconDad posted:

That’s awesome (for me). I was beginning to think that nobody was dropping out.

Last year was a big turnover year, but normally it's like 1-2 a year (Pain of Mind said it much better up above). I'll get you all set up, and then just tell me what your name will be (which can change, obviously).

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jul 25, 2020

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
I’ll just go with... Silver Shamrock... for the placeholder team name, and then I’ll probably end up just keeping it. We will see.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

I too am dropping out this season (Quontum PhyZekes). Deffo a fun format, but I already know I won't have to manage teams this season.

gl hf

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

AnacondaHL posted:

I too am dropping out this season (Quontum PhyZekes). Deffo a fun format, but I already know I won't have to manage teams this season.

gl hf

Appreciate you playing, thanks!

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

Not so active on SA anymore so if someone really wants the spot let em have it! Otherwise I'll be back.

Epstein's Tight End Memorial was the old name, will possibly change.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

punch drunk posted:

Not so active on SA anymore so if someone really wants the spot let em have it! Otherwise I'll be back.

Epstein's Tight End Memorial was the old name, will possibly change.

Go ahead and stay, we already have one spot open. I'll just put your name down as TBD.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Ok, I have moved, I have set up all my poo poo, I think I am back now. If it pleases the court, I am going to take a bit of a back seat as this season starts up (or doesn't!). SB is doing a fantastic job and I am very grateful. Things are still a bit weird right now, even outside of the added drama of living in Seattle these days. I will do my level best to be more active and reply to any and all inquiries from anyone, just PM me or post here if you don't mind up to a few days delay.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
More advanced stats:

Quoting myself from the 2016 thread (referring to the draft day):

quote:

Returning, hopefully I don't have a baby on that day.

Red = pre kids, Blue = post kids

Also a secondary stat I just noticed, both 5 dots were kid years! No wonder Rivers could never get a ring.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Before we had our daughter I would watch and rewatch preseason games. I'd check out replays of games I'd missed if there was a particular player I thought was entertaining. These were usually condensed games on Gamepass but still.

Not that it made me any better at fantasy football. My record across multiple leagues over the years is very Jeff Fisher-esque. :v: