Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will you finally win this league this year?
This poll is closed.
Yes, but I've already won it before so :smug: 5 33.33%
Yes, this is my year of destiny. 2 13.33%
No, I plan on losing horribly and making terrible choices as usual. 6 40.00%
There will be no NFL this year so this is all pointless. 2 13.33%
Total: 15 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

EconDad posted:

I wouldn't mind this particular outcome.

A QB who plays absolutely like poo poo on the road. A WR who scored less than 4 points earlier in the season against the Pats at home. Another WR who had 1 good game since coming back and scored less than 10 points every other time. A TE who is severely TD dependent. A RB who is also severely TD dependent.

Montanas never say die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
A few hours later update on my thoughts on the Kamara game....

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
Quiet feet, under no circumstances can I allow you to pick up Aldrick Rosas or the Steelers kicker name of Matthew Wright. I’ve called dibs on those two kickers!

And don’t touch my Sam Ficken either!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

You ever have one of those things thats totally out of your hands but you feel like you have to do something so you do something that's useless but eases your anxiety?

I will probably not stop picking up and dropping kickers until January.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

You ever have one of those things thats totally out of your hands but you feel like you have to do something so you do something that's useless but eases your anxiety?

I will probably not stop picking up and dropping kickers until January.

Don’t worry. I started Ahmed instead of Jeff Wilson. Don’t trust Shanahan and his coaching style with running backs. Looks like I should have. If I win at this point it’d be an absolute shock.

Also: You pick up Matthew Wright yet?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Let me check...

...looks like I got Matthew Wrong!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

A double shock power from Tannehill2Brown and we may have a tight super bowl despite Kamara's night.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Eltoasto posted:

A double shock power from Tannehill2Brown and we may have a tight super bowl despite Kamara's night.

I can dream. A snow game isn’t a great setup for it though. My beloved Tannehill and Brown stack has been enjoyable all season.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
If this game is decided on the decision to play Salvon Ahmed vs Jeff Wilson Jr, it will be..... pretty much appropriate for this league.

God I love this league and it's so drat frustrating. 😆 Third place and it matches my best season ever.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Silly Burrito posted:

If this game is decided on the decision to play Salvon Ahmed vs Jeff Wilson Jr, it will be..... pretty much appropriate for this league.

God I love this league and it's so drat frustrating. 😆 Third place and it matches my best season ever.

Oddly enough my usual decision in this case would be Gus Edwards. Not sure where my brain was at when I picked Ahmed. Was going for upside over Edwards. I just don’t trust Shanahan. Probably should start.

I honestly think this is the most fun league I’ve ever been in. The setup is so great.

Also: updated thoughts about Tannehill in the snow game. “LOL”.

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

EconDad posted:

I can dream. A snow game isn’t a great setup for it though. My beloved Tannehill and Brown stack has been enjoyable all season.

Tannehill won me this league back in 2013, so there's still hope.

I really love that we're going to accept a new team owner into the ring of honor regardless of who wins this game. This league is absolutely the best.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Yeah we can stop bullshitting ourselves I just lost it on that Tannehill rushing TD.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

Yeah we can stop bullshitting ourselves I just lost it on that Tannehill rushing TD.

I’m not even in the lead yet. I really doubt it

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
That horribly thrown ball that ended up an interception seals it for your win, I think. It’s almost like Tannehill didn’t want to be a part of that drive anymore.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Fantasy football has taught me that no matter how big of a pessimist you are it is never enough so I am assuming that Beasley fumbles twice tomorrow.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

Fantasy football has taught me that no matter how big of a pessimist you are it is never enough so I am assuming that Beasley fumbles twice tomorrow.

Congratulations. What a matchup. What a season.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

EconDad posted:

Congratulations. What a matchup. What a season.

:stare:

Everyone double check your pockets for stray points I may have just won this league despite having barely squeaked into the playoffs.

Edit: was expecting a last-minute Tanny-to-Brown TD to seal it for EconDad.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

:stare:

Everyone double check your pockets for stray points I may have just won this league despite having barely squeaked into the playoffs.

Edit: was expecting a last-minute Tanny-to-Brown TD to seal it for EconDad.

Good to hear you were expecting. I was doing some hoping. The last two drives I was hoping for the good stuff those two had given me all year.

But Tanny didn't want it for me. He thought maybe I had had enough for this year.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

EconDad posted:

Good to hear you were expecting. I was doing some hoping. The last two drives I was hoping for the good stuff those two had given me all year.

But Tanny didn't want it for me. He thought maybe I had had enough for this year.

I guess I can thank the snow! They looked totally unprepared for the conditions in the first half. I'm still in shock. Kamara dragged this middling team across the finish line but you definitely built the better roster.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

I guess I can thank the snow! They looked totally unprepared for the conditions in the first half. I'm still in shock. Kamara dragged this middling team across the finish line but you definitely built the better roster.

I liked my roster a lot, by the end of the year. I had a (needed) two game win streak to close out the regular season, and then somehow won both of the first playoff games. I imagine that the next time I reach the championship will be something like 2034, so I tried to enjoy this one while it was happening.

This loss was a bit painful, and the worst part was really Kamara on Friday... and then choosing Ahmed on Saturday (he won me a week before in the season, and I really guessed he'd still be the main RB once Gaskin returned. I usually don't make guesses like without any data to back it up, so... I'm still perplexed by what made my brain pull the trigger on that, as I took it up to about a minute before kickoff)

---- but I think in terms of my most painful loss this year, all else equal... it has to be the week 5 loss to Flowers to Edgerrin, when, on a Monday night game, Justin Herbert decided to break out, Hunter Henry decided to catch a rare touchdown from Herbert, and Badgley decided to miss a game-sealing field goal, thus putting it into overtime and allowing Flowers to win by like... 1, on a Lutz field goal? That's how I remember it. I was 2-3 after this game, and imagined my season was in the toilet for sure.

Other season notes: I am on pace to never ever beat Seattle Frasiers. Got 2 of my 5 season losses from him. I lost so badly in week 1 to Frasiers, I imagined that I'd just go 0-13, it was that bad. Also, if not mentioned before, the Joe Montana division had the top 3 seasonal points scoring teams this year. Somehow I also gave up the second most points in the season and made the playoffs. I sincerely hope it's not like that ever again except for... of course, me up there near the top of points scored by my team. (realtalk I'm going to get like 18th place next year can't wait!). Lastly, the only two teams I played from the AFC this season (Washington and Placeholder) happened to be the two in the final game leading up to the championship. It was a rough schedule the whole year.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
It’s becoming near official. Me starting Ahmed over Edwards made me lose. Pain.

Update: it’s official.

EconDad fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Dec 29, 2020

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

EconDad posted:

I'm sorry to hear that, as I always have to root for Montana to win, but congratulations to the Washington Washingtons (Quiet Feet) for winning season 12 of the 20 Team Fantasy League!

The OP has been updated. If anyone wants to trade division spots, please let me know. If a spot does open up next season in another division after the deadline and Pain of Mind wants to swap, he has first dibs.

I hope to see you all back next year!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

EconDad posted:

I liked my roster a lot, by the end of the year. I had a (needed) two game win streak to close out the regular season, and then somehow won both of the first playoff games. I imagine that the next time I reach the championship will be something like 2034, so I tried to enjoy this one while it was happening.

This loss was a bit painful, and the worst part was really Kamara on Friday... and then choosing Ahmed on Saturday (he won me a week before in the season, and I really guessed he'd still be the main RB once Gaskin returned. I usually don't make guesses like without any data to back it up, so... I'm still perplexed by what made my brain pull the trigger on that, as I took it up to about a minute before kickoff)

---- but I think in terms of my most painful loss this year, all else equal... it has to be the week 5 loss to Flowers to Edgerrin, when, on a Monday night game, Justin Herbert decided to break out, Hunter Henry decided to catch a rare touchdown from Herbert, and Badgley decided to miss a game-sealing field goal, thus putting it into overtime and allowing Flowers to win by like... 1, on a Lutz field goal? That's how I remember it. I was 2-3 after this game, and imagined my season was in the toilet for sure.

Other season notes: I am on pace to never ever beat Seattle Frasiers. Got 2 of my 5 season losses from him. I lost so badly in week 1 to Frasiers, I imagined that I'd just go 0-13, it was that bad. Also, if not mentioned before, the Joe Montana division had the top 3 seasonal points scoring teams this year. Somehow I also gave up the second most points in the season and made the playoffs. I sincerely hope it's not like that ever again except for... of course, me up there near the top of points scored by my team. (realtalk I'm going to get like 18th place next year can't wait!). Lastly, the only two teams I played from the AFC this season (Washington and Placeholder) happened to be the two in the final game leading up to the championship. It was a rough schedule the whole year.

Aw man, cheer up. :glomp:

Fwiw, in my two other leagues I went 4-9 and 5-8. The former I was projected to take second place at the start of the season but then everyone got injured or just plain sucked (Drake! :argh:). The latter is my dynasty league and that team had a sub .500 record in games it was projected to win, a bunch of them were projected as 20-30 point wins too. It's been a rough season and this makes it feel like it was worth it after all.

Woooo Cham-peen! :woop:

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

Aw man, cheer up. :glomp:

Fwiw, in my two other leagues I went 4-9 and 5-8. The former I was projected to take second place at the start of the season but then everyone got injured or just plain sucked (Drake! :argh:). The latter is my dynasty league and that team had a sub .500 record in games it was projected to win, a bunch of them were projected as 20-30 point wins too. It's been a rough season and this makes it feel like it was worth it after all.

Woooo Cham-peen! :woop:

Big ups again on the win.

See you in our next heated rivalry matchup say, in... 5 years? 4? Something like that, since it's Marino and Montana.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Well that sure was a game.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Pain of Mind posted:

I was bored and felt like ignoring my family, so enjoy some stats:

Only 6 teams have been in the league every year (don't know SA names from the league):
Myself (SF PoM)
Spinning Freeneys
Beantown Beans
Akron Peppercorns
Jameis Crab Leg Emporium
Rated R Super Stars

Last year had the highest turnover with 8 teams leaving, including 6 that had been in for at least 5 years. The first year had the second highest turnover with 6 teams leaving, with all 6 being at the bottom of the standings (cowards). Most other years had 1 or 2 people leave. 27 people have left the league, 11 after only 1 year (5 after only 1 year not counting 2009).

Also, I plotted regular season points as a ranking (20 = most points, 1 = the least points) for every team that has been in the league for at least 4 years and was in the league last year or the year before (red = left after 2018). Each point is a year. I did not realize I would be first when I compiled the data, I thought I would be somewhere around third behind Boudin Ballers and Jameis Crab Leg Emporium, so I am a jerk for cherry picking a stat in a way that benefits me, but the work was already done by the time I knew :dealwithit:.

Silly Burrito posted:

So if I'm reading this correctly, you and I are the top two as far as regular season performance, but then our teams poo poo the bed when it comes to the playoffs.

Personally, I still blame Aaron Rodgers.

Hey Pain of Mind, how does it hold up now? I still think my analysis is spot-on.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

EconDad posted:

If it makes you feel better, you actually lost because I am terrible. If I did not choose the absolute worst RB combination of Conner and Bernard who combined for 3.6 in the quarter finals, leading me to lose by 2, then you would have beat me in the finals.

Silly Burrito posted:

Hey Pain of Mind, how does it hold up now? I still think my analysis is spot-on.

Our rank order does not change if that is what you are asking, thought our 0.43 gap becomes a 0.2 gap. You would have needed to beat me by 5 spots to take first place, while we were 2 apart. Coincidentally you ended up with the same number I had before the season started, so we had the exact same sum/average of our first 11 seasons rankings. Maybe I will update the graph, but obviously once people start getting 10 years+ of data it does not move very much unless you have a season far from your average.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Dec 30, 2020

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Pain of Mind posted:

If it makes you feel better, you actually lost because I am terrible. If I did not choose the absolute worst RB combination of Conner and Bernard who combined for 3.6 in the quarter finals, leading me to lose by 2, then you would have beat me in the finals.

Man, that's some poor luck there. Two RBs who almost certainly get more than that all of the time. Gio gets benched for his first fumble in like... 7 years or something. Unreal.

Let's just edit that matchup and sub Hines in for Bernard. Heh. That first lineup you set was "practice". I don't even think Quiet Feet would notice. He's busy planning his January kicker selections.

EconDad fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Dec 30, 2020

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

If I would have played the most optimal lineup every week I would have kicked all of your asses.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

jabro posted:

If I would have played the most optimal lineup every week I would have kicked all of your asses.

your team was good this year and my selfish utility-maximizing self was happy to see I wouldn't have to play you (yet again) in the playoffs. The Cowboy and Packer points tsunami.

Edit: Just checked out your team for a reminder. You also had Diggs and Andrews. Your team was terrifying for a 20 team league. I remember playing you the first time of two, and I had Dak and you had all of the Cowboys receivers in except Gallup, along with Zeke. Then some other guy started catching touchdowns. The only possible way I could have squeezed out a win is for that ghost player to show up. I'm trying to remember this persons name without looking it up right now, and I'm unable to. That's how important this WR ended up being for the rest of the year.

EconDad fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Dec 30, 2020

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

I’m definitely in next year; hell, I may even draft!

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

EconDad posted:

Man, that is probably the craziest finish in my history of playing fantasy football. Good times. Herbert was a real blessing for me all year once he won the job, since I only took him as a backup after betting everything on Carson Wentz.

What I learned this season is that Myles Gaskin is the only person capable of making my team win games. I will be drafting him in the first round next year no matter what, thank you.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

ShakeZula posted:

What I learned this season is that Myles Gaskin is the only person capable of making my team win games. I will be drafting him in the first round next year no matter what, thank you.

We are going to need this in a :toxx: please.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

It didnt feel right to have the 2020 20-team winner go without an award to mark the occasion, so I commissioned a commemorative plaque from my six-year-old.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Fabulous! :golfclap:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Now I am mad that my team flamed out in the playoffs.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Quiet Feet posted:

It didnt feel right to have the 2020 20-team winner go without an award to mark the occasion, so I commissioned a commemorative plaque from my six-year-old.

I need to commission a third place trophy.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
The kid draws better than me.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

She for sure got my weird chunky torso and clownishly large feet right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

For quite some time I thought about buying a trophy to mail out to the winner each year. I even priced an 'annual' trophy with places to put name plates every year for each winner. I determined that it was expensive, I am lazy and lets be honest one of you fuckers would refuse to concede and keep the trophy instead of passing it on.

But mostly I was lazy :haw: