Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
I plan to do basically the same trip next week so I would love to see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
Really cool, I appreciate the tips.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Well I was gonna make a big post of all the parks I went to last year, but it turns out I may have gone to too many parks and I keep putting off finishing the post :v: So instead, I'll ask what parks are y'all planning on visiting this year? I know I'm gonna try and make it to Haleakala, Hawaii Volcanoes, and Mt. Rainier this year, and would certainly appreciate any advice for visiting those parks.

I did Hawaii Volcanoes last year, and visiting at night is highly worth it. I arrived pre-dawn, and was thinking, "boy this parking lot is really foggy." I had parked next to a steam vent.

I'm thinking about doing Death Valley and Grand Canyon with my parents. I've been to both but had bad weather in GC, so I'd like to see it again.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
https://www.sfgate.com/yosemite/article/yosemite-court-house-crime-procedure-18355589.php

A Yosemite themed courtroom wasn't something I expected to see.

I have a trip planned to Phoenix later in the fall. I hope to get some day trips in for the Grand Canyon, Petrified Forest, Saguaro, and maybe some other cool stuff in the area.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
Thanks for that. The titan Missile museum is also on our list.

We are going in November. I'm hoping things have cooled off by then but also not getting snow at GC. I'm trying not to plan too firmly until closer to the trip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
Thanks for the tips on Arizona area parks. Walnut Canyon was a surprise standout. The change of vegetation as you come around the bend in the canyon is impressive, and the real close view of the structures was really cool.

Flagstaff was a good base for the parks nearby. I forgot the town we stayed in near Yosemite, but it was near the end of the season and kind of dead. I tried to talk my wife into a lodge in the park, but she wasn't into what was available.

While not a NP, we also went to the "Hall of Fame" fire truck museum in Phoenix. I happened to meet the director in the parking lot, and he took us into their storage warehouse with 50-60 trucks parked inside.