Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punchbuggy
Feb 16, 2011
[img]https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img
]
Clapping Larry

CrypticFox posted:

Now that things are opening up again, I was looking to plan a trip to Yosemite with 1-5 other people (I live 3-4 hours driving from the park, so its not hard for me to get there). However, all of the campgrounds seem to be completely booked out for the entire duration that reservations are open. How does one get a campground reservation at Yosemite? Is there a specific time one needs to log into the reservation portal to find just-opened slots? Also, are there other good options for cheap accommodations in the area? I've only ever been with my parents where we stayed at an in-park hotel.

As you know, in typical years, it is almost impossible to secure in-park lodgings or campsites in the summer unless you are on it and make reservations early in the year. Once my young teen kids were vaccinated, I thought this was the chance to finally take them to Yosemite, as the park is requiring advance res for entry until September. A friend told me camping in the park is at reduced capacity right now, so I started looking at tent lodgings at Curry Village. I would check every night, and noticed that availability would pop up here and there. I’m assuming people who reserved it are cancelling last minute, not sure. Anyway, I started looking two weeks out, and was able to secure three nights in late June. I think if you’re flexible with your dates, it’s doable. The cost is $149 per tent cabin, and there are several sleeping arrangement configurations. The park was crowded, but not like it was in pre-covid summers. We had a great visit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchbuggy
Feb 16, 2011
[img]https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img
]
Clapping Larry
Pinnacles! I have still yet to camp there. My son went there on a camping trip when he was still in the Scouts, and still raves about it. Maybe next year for us.