Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

CrypticFox posted:

Now that things are opening up again, I was looking to plan a trip to Yosemite with 1-5 other people (I live 3-4 hours driving from the park, so its not hard for me to get there). However, all of the campgrounds seem to be completely booked out for the entire duration that reservations are open. How does one get a campground reservation at Yosemite? Is there a specific time one needs to log into the reservation portal to find just-opened slots? Also, are there other good options for cheap accommodations in the area? I've only ever been with my parents where we stayed at an in-park hotel.

Check out Sequoia/Kings Canyon National Park and their associated National Forests. They're both relatively close to Yosemite and there are a ton of campgrounds there. Even this late in the season they're generally not as crowded as Yosemite. Especially King's Canyon which almost always makes the list of least trafficked parks in California.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU