Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mukulu
Jul 14, 2006

Stop. Drop. Shut 'em down open up shop.

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Another ranger checking in. If anyone has questions about national parks in Alaska, especially the ones that are not Denali and Glacier Bay, please ask them!

It’s easier to get a long way off the beaten path than you might think.

Also plugging state parks, our usually under-resourced cousins. Three in particular are near and dear to my heart: Chugach State Park, which has some of the best road-accessible trails in the country, all of which also offer jumping off points to legit backcountry; Denali State Park, which has for my money better views of the mountain than the national park (and is where you get southern views); and Wood-Tikchik State Park, which nobody has ever heard of but is Extremely Cool.

Hey, can you help flesh out some of the requirements for becoming a Park Ranger? I'm currently in the process of finishing a Bachelor's of History and I'm very interested in the National Park system for future employment. I know that for my home state of Minnesota, a history degree satisfies the degree requirement for a state park ranger. I would love to get a job as some sort of National Parks employee in Alaska for at least a part of my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU