Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

I bought a spinning reel after using spincasters my whole life and I feel like everyone is playing a prank on me by saying how great they are. If I even look at it wrong all the line pops off and manages to get tangled around. It came with the line already on so anytime it loses tension it just goes sproing in little tangled circles. Would putting fresh line on it help?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

Whoever suggested putting braided line on my spinning reel, thank you. I got to practice using it on the water today and it’s amazing how much easier it is to use when the line isn’t flying off into ringlets just from touching it. Didn’t catch anything because it was hot as gently caress and I forgot a hat but it was nice to be able to enjoy using the new rod instead of dreading it.