Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

DeesGrandpa posted:

Man I wish I had room for a Kayak.

I haven't used mine or fished at all since I moved to Colorado. I even live super close to union reservoir. Laziness and a lack of options have kept me from going out I guess? I need to learn to fly fish before I eventually get out of here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Hey fishing thread, long time no see. I'll pop back into the discord when I'm not at work, but I have a few questions. I got back into fishing a while back, bought a fishing kayak and all that and did a decent amount of fishing. Then I moved to Colorado and somehow didn't do any fishing while there even though I wanted to learn how to fly fish.

I'm back in Missouri now and my girlfriend's oldest seems like he might be interested in doing some fishing. I'll be looking at picking up a second kayak if he's actually into it. Even if he's not it will pay off for me if I do any fishing and my girlfriend would probably enjoy just getting out and farting around on it every now and then. I currently have a Jackson Cuda 12 that's probably 8 years old? What's the hotness in pedal kayaks these days? I'm getting old and fishing while trying to paddle with wind was annoying so I feel like some sort of pedal drive would be the way to go and it looks like there are decent options that don't cost $4k+ like they did back when I bought the Cuda. Any brands to flat out avoid? I'd like to keep the price as low as possible but very much understand that you get what you pay for and can splurge a bit if needed.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sickening posted:

Otherwise, oldtown and hobie are all great kayaks for peddling.

I think I'm mainly down to the Old Town Sportsman 120 PDL and the Hobie Outback. The price difference between the two isn't close but there are some Outbacks for sale semi-locally at what I'd get into the sportsman after tax and all that. The outback seems like a much nicer boat overall even though I think I'd rather have a prop drive over the mirage.

e: the amount of used kayaks that come with everything including a trailer is kind of insane.

fknlo fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jan 1, 2023

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Guess what showed up today!