Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
Fishing spot last weekend. Chest waders are simply the best tool for staying the gently caress away from the hoards who have been invading my spots since Covid started. Not to many people willing to jump in a crick that can go from knee deep to nipple deep in a single step. Pics of fish when I feel less lazy - the catches were not impressive anyway. Also, to anyone getting into fishing in the age of Corona, I feel it's my duty as an angler to inform you that smoking weed and fishing is literally the greatest thing a human can do.

E: Ehh feeling slightly less lazy

Upstream

Bay-bee Striper, doo doo doo doo doo doo

Dink from the canal. Sadly, my only non panfish catch in the canal that day

Don't mind the pathetic goonbeard. I work from home now, so grooming is out the window until human interaction becomes a thing again.

Hopefully doing some Carpin' in the Delaware Canal tomorrow, but the crowds of bikers and dog walkers on the narrow towpath have been keeping me away

SEGA Ass Fisting fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jul 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

CHUCK WAS TAKEN posted:

TY. My new fishing goal is I wanna go striper fishing with Dean Ween one day

http://www.mickeysfishing.com/

e: I wanna ask him about fly fishing but I'm scared he'll make fun of me

I live about 20 minutes from Deaner and see his boat on the Delaware a lot. He's a super chill dude by all accounts, and one hell of a striper angler.

I've been wanting to get people together for a charter, but my friends who fish don't know ween, and my friends who like ween don't fish. Or at least they don't spend private charter money on fishing.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
2 weekends straight where I was skunked on everything except panfish. No bass, no pickerel, no carp, not even a loving catfish. gently caress

Fishing owns, except for when it doesn't -- then it eats poo poo and is stupid.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

LingcodKilla posted:

Throw some crawfish traps out to diversify your portfolio.

Yo, I'm totally doing this next time I'm cattin and carpin. Gonna try a diy coke bottle dealie and see how it goes then maybe scale up. The stink of a fresh bluegill head should bring in the cats too.

I've never rigged crawfish before. I figure you just hook em through the tail and live line em like you would live shrimp?

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

Time posted:

welcome fellow downtown fisher

you havent lived until you have pulled a 30 inch striper out of the water as a group of teenagers trying to enjoy their waterfront lunch stare in horror

Pulling catfish out of the Schuylkill river in the middle of Philadelphia while standing 6 feet away from people stuck in their cars in bumper to bumper rush hour traffic is one of the greatest feelings ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
I got stuck on a surprise on-call shift this weekend and could not go fishing. I am very angry about it. That's the whole post.