Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

What’s a decent way to transport one piece fishing rods in an SUV? I’m thinking of getting a couple bungies that I’ll tie from the roof grab handles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

ihop posted:

Some people mount a PVC pipe with caps on the end on their roof, long enough to slide the rods into. I just slide rod sleeves on them and shove them inside the car. Is there a reason you can't just put them in the car?

They’re just kind of in the way as they span the whole cabin length

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Anyone buy tackle on Temu? Seems like I could save a decent chunk of change by ordering from there.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

sexy tiger boobs posted:

I haven't but have bought some off aliexpress. It was cheaper for sure but it was tough to navigate and some stuff just didn't ship.

I went into Temu briefly and the whole thing was just obnoxious with spin the wheel popups and just seemed scammy overall.

Yeah, the temu website is definitely on the obnoxious side, but from my experience, they ship faster than aliexpresss. Pricing out a bunch of tackle and Temu seems to be cheaper since you don’t have to pay shipping for each individual item.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Are those fishing phone apps worth the money?

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

How to dress for kayaking guide

I found that guide fairly helpful as it’s more than the simple rule of thumb of “dress for the water”

Rated PG-34 fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Apr 17, 2024

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Anyone try drone fishing with one of the cheaper drones? Like a DJI mini. Seems like a fun way to do shore fishing

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Sickening posted:

To scout for fish or remotely catch them?

You use it to drop the bait and line that goes to a rod/reel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

charliebravo77 posted:

I'm probably going to get a remote dropper rig for my mini 2 to screw around with. Would be cool forward fishing from the lakefront in Chicago or the beach in FL

I saw this guy use these little hook thingies but I wonder how they would handle the wind:

https://youtu.be/thHGe44wB6A?si=Mpy0EDourAFN3LMc