Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Welcome to the 7th season of the ISO:FT Fantasy Football Beer League! The premise is simple: this is a fantasy league in which instead of league dues, you commit to sending out a box of beer worth over $50.00 curated from your local craft beer scene. Boxes should include growlers, bombers, and cans of beer that are not available outside of your geographical region, and that people might want to try. Because of this, we generally ask that you have some experience shipping beer, although most of us have experience in that arena and are happy to help.

Last year Zam took home first place, garnering five boxes of beer (again!). Veritek83 came in 2nd place and I stumbled into 3rd place through the stupidest possible luck and Christian McCaffrey dragging my dumpster-rear end team kicking and screaming into the playoffs.

This year I'll be retaining the position of commissioner. I've been playing Fantasy Football (mostly badly) for about 7 or 8 years now and will do my best to keep this league humming.

Here's some background:

- Last year's league settings, for reference:
https://fantasy.espn.com/football/league/settings?leagueId=1018860

- Your beer boxes are due out shortly after the league ends, with the target date being before January 31, 2021 (Weather permitting, of course)

- Participants are required to post a Toxx. You are responsible for shipping your beer to your recipient or you will be banned.

- We've typically put any rules changes to a vote on the first page of the thread.

- This was the payout structure from last year (and I think largely what it's been in the past):

Winner- 5 Boxes of Beer
2nd Place- 3 Boxes of Beer
3rd Place- 2 Boxes of Beer
Highest Single Game Point Total- 1 Box of Beer
Winner of the Loser's Bracket- 1 Box of Beer

This assumes 12 teams. If we need to run with 10 I will change this to reflect that.

-Spaces are grandfathered in for the people who participated last year:

Drunk Nerds, YamataNoOrochi, Spacejung, Deedee Megadoodoo, Zam, Funkybottoms, Veritek83, Alfalfa, Paul Proteus, Sataere(failed toxx), NickroweFillea, Quiet Feet

Wait listed from last year if he's still interested: On the Bored Wop

Bolded participants are those that have expressed interest in returning. I will be updating this as need be. We currently have one slot that is definitely open and I believe only one person on the waiting list. Last year we went with 12 teams, and that seemed to work but I'm fine running with just 10 if need be. If you're interested and haven't participated before, please post and we'll see if we have any openings.

Once we have participants ironed out, I'll set up a poll to determine what time the draft will be. We've been using an auction draft and if you've never participated, it's not as hard as it looks, is a way more active experience than a snake draft and way more fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

:siren: As usual we'll also need everyone entering to copy/paste the following into a post in this thread.:siren:

I, [your name] :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Team Name(TBA if you don't have one yet):

Q1: If the 2020 NFL season begins but is not completed, we should A: cancel the season, B: declare winners/prizes based on win/loss record?

Q2: If there's enough interest, should we expand to 14 teams?

And on that note,

I, Quiet Feet :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Team Name: Dallas Sucks

Q1: If the 2020 NFL season begins but is not completed, we should A: cancel the season, B: declare winners/prizes based on win/loss record?

Voting A. We're all adults and I don't think anyone would meltdown if the NFL is cancelled this year. That being said, if we're going into week 6 and the entire Cowboys starting lineup have their faces melt off (good) and the league decides that's that, it feels a little cheap to me to start sending out boxes based on only a few weeks. And not that tiebreakers aren't possible but it'd be a huge pain if we somehow have three 4-2 teams at that point.

For my part I'll vote yes because we may have a situation where we have 13 willing participants already and there's another interested party on the outside looking in.

Normally we would also put to vote any rules changes but nothing has been proposed here. Auction has been given the go ahead over snake for the past two years and I'm inclined to just leave it that way instead of putting it to a vote again.

Just thought of one thing we should vote on and have added it to the above.

Edit: Invitation emails have been sent to all valid 2019 participants.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Jul 21, 2020

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Added to the toxx/copy paste above a vote on what to do in case of a cancelled season.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Added a second question to vote on.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Thoughts about just doing a 1 box per person exchange if when the season might be is almost immediately cancelled?

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

spacejung posted:

Thoughts about just doing a 1 box per person exchange if when the season might be is almost immediately cancelled?

I was thinking similarly. Everyone sends one/everyone receives one would be a fun consolation prize for not getting a complete season.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
1. I like a 1 box per person swap idea if the season doesn't get completed.
2. I'd prefer 12 teams again, but am open to 14 (or 10, I guess if it comes to that)

I, Veritek83 :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Team Name(TBA if you don't have one yet): Natty Guice

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

on the bored wop posted:

I was thinking similarly. Everyone sends one/everyone receives one would be a fun consolation prize for not getting a complete season.

Thirded. This is a great idea.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Yeah I'll go again. I vote for the everyone shares a box if the season gets canceled option. Also I always like more teams in my leagues to increase the challenge.

I dont remember what my team name is, but later today I'm going to change it to "H.E.L.A.I.R.E. to keep kids off Ruggs"

And yeah I toxx to put together a $50 box of beer and ship it off: y'all know me I've been fulfilling promises on this site for 10 years and I like putting the box together to showcase PNW freshness (last year I did all crowlers from my local nerd beer bar.)

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

I, on the boredwop, :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Team Name(TBA if you don't have one yet): TBA

I'd prefer option A, cancel the season, potentially with the inclusion of the everybody-gets-one beer exchange.

Eh, 12 tends to be my preferred but it's not going to bother me too much if we do 14.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
I don’t think the first year with no deadbeats we should expand it.

Told my wife last year was my last year, but told her that 2 years ago, and even my first year in the league...

So with that being said,

I toxx that I’ll end up just outside a place again so I don’t receive a box, but will send a $50 box of beer to someone less deserving than thirsty me.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Here's the doc for coordinating auction time
https://doodle.com/poll/ntewkc3ie7a2ckps

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jul 28, 2020

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Alright, so far we've got toxxes from

Alfalfa
On the Bored Wop
Quiet Feet
Veritek83
Drunk Nerds

:siren: we need toxx posts from :siren:

YamataNoOrochi
Spacejung
Deedee Megadoodoo
Zam
Funkybottoms
Paul Proteus
NickroweFillea

Also please do click on the Doodle link Drunk Nerds has provided so we can figure out the best time to draft. I'm available most of the time although Mondays would be a bit inconvenient for me.

Drunk Nerds posted:

Here's the doc for coordinating auction time

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jul 29, 2020

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Are there specific times on each day that we're looking at? I'm seeing 11am-11pm time blocks on most days.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Veritek83 posted:

Are there specific times on each day that we're looking at? I'm seeing 11am-11pm time blocks on most days.

That's the times I voted for... or at least I think so let me double check
Edit: Oh, yeah I hosed that up, deleted and will remake
Edit2: Doodle crashed on me 20 minutes in. Will remake tomorrow when I can actually figure out how c+p works in this

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jul 28, 2020

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"
I, Paul Proteus :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Team Name TBD

I would cancel and just do a beer share with others. I don't think it makes sense to do awards based on current win/loss. Too many seasons have had people fly up the standings towards the end.

I do not want to expand to a 14 team league. I've never enjoyed them and would only play in a 12.

YamataNoOrochi
Oct 24, 2005

I'm gonna have to pass this year, unfortunately. It was a lot of fun though and maybe if stuff's back to normal next season I'll try to get back in.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

I, Zam :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Team Name: TBA

I think this answer is going to be complicated and depends on how many weeks of real football we get. Based on how well MLB is currently handling things, I lean towards A with a beer swap in the end.

We played with 14 teams in the past and then had to drop it down due to lack of interest. I'm open to expanding again.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Alright this is the one

I had to do 3 hour blocks: I tried doing 1 hour blocks and 4/5ths of the way through it poo poo itself, made my computer poo poo itself, and when I restarted a message popped up "undoing changes you made to this computer" which I have never seen before.

Edit: Also my team name is "Don't Jefferson Go Down on Me"

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jul 28, 2020

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

YamataNoOrochi posted:

I'm gonna have to pass this year, unfortunately. It was a lot of fun though and maybe if stuff's back to normal next season I'll try to get back in.

Totally understand. Hope we'll see you next year.

Well, probably not going to be an issue having to worry about a 14-teamer this season. I'll see if anyone else is interested in the main thread.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I am this season's replacement player. Like Keanu I will fumble my way into your hearts as my team somehow wins and will drink all your beer.

I, jabro :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Q1: A. I am also down to do an exchange if the season is cancelled.

Q2: Sure.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
I, spacejung :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Team Name(TBA if you don't have one yet): Mikkyler 5oz Pour

Q1: A and down to just do an exchange when the season ends in ruin

Q2: Yes

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

We have toxx posts from

Alfalfa
On the Bored Wop
Quiet Feet
Veritek83
Drunk Nerds
Paul Proteus
Zam
Spacejung
Jabro

:siren: we need toxx posts from :siren:

Deedee Megadoodoo
Funkybottoms
NickroweFillea

Poll for draft date and time is still up at https://doodle.com/poll/ntewkc3ie7a2ckps. Looks like only a few of us have completed that. Lets get it sorted quick since the longer we wait, the fewer dates we have to pick from.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
hmm, missed some posts, i guess. anyway:

i officially put a toxx on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

my team name is No Fear Beer Hat, i think

i'm with most folks; option A and everyone gets a box

12 is a nice, even number, but if there's enough interest, i won't be bothered by some additions

also, i filled out the doodle thing and now that i have a rudimentary understanding of discord i will talk much more poo poo this time around.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Think I'm gonna need to change my team name, given the news out of Washington

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

funkybottoms posted:

hmm, missed some posts, i guess. anyway:

i officially put a toxx on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

my team name is No Fear Beer Hat, i think

i'm with most folks; option A and everyone gets a box

12 is a nice, even number, but if there's enough interest, i won't be bothered by some additions

also, i filled out the doodle thing and now that i have a rudimentary understanding of discord i will talk much more poo poo this time around.

Funky I'm not seeing your votes on the Doodle. You sure you filled out everything correctly? There's a send button at the end you have to click for the votes to take.

PM'ed Deedee Megadoodoo and Nickrowefillea and they're out this year. Guess it's time to start spamming the regular thread and maybe the GWS beer thread.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
i did after the previous email- i'm No Fear Hat- and i added a few more dates just now

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Alright. Guess we're just waiting to see if we can get two more members. If not, I guess we run with 10 this year. In the mean time it's looking tentatively like Tuesday Sep 8th will be our draft date.

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts
I, the yellow dart :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Team Name(TBA if you don't have one yet): Alex Smith's Mangled Leg

Q1: If the 2020 NFL season begins but is not completed, we should B: declare winners/prizes based on win/loss record?

Q2: If there's enough interest, should we expand to 14 teams? Prefer 12 but I just do this for the lolz.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Hi Yellow Dart! When you have a moment of you could PM me an email address so I can send you an invite.

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

Quiet Feet posted:

Hi Yellow Dart! When you have a moment of you could PM me an email address so I can send you an invite.

Sent.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
So we need one more to get to 12? Just say the word and I'll round someone trustworthy up

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Drunk Nerds posted:

So we need one more to get to 12? Just say the word and I'll round someone trustworthy up

Sdren Knurd?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Drunk Nerds posted:

Ayup. If you have someone in mind give 'em a holler.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
On it.

B_sketchy
May 31, 2019

Let's do this.

I, B_sketchy :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Q1: A: cancel the season

Q2: 12 is plenty

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

B_sketchy posted:

Let's do this.

I, B_sketchy :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Q1: A: cancel the season

Q2: 12 is plenty

Testimonial: B sketchy has solid taste in beer.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Y'know, if it weren't a pandemic I'd be more concerned that you offered to grab someone and came back like 5 minutes later with a dude called Sketchy.

Anyway, b_Sketchy if you could PM me an email address so I can send you an invite.

I think we're only waiting on Yellow Dart's possibly tie-breaking vote on the Doodle. God that site/app is so useful but whenever I type that name I feel like I'm Ned Flanders describing a penis.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Quiet Feet posted:

Y'know, if it weren't a pandemic I'd be more concerned that you offered to grab someone and came back like 5 minutes later with a dude called Sketchy.

You make a fair and hilarious point.

If anyone wants more transparency: our goon-founded fantasy football site has a discord that has a lot of people who want to be in more cool leagues like this one but are too busy to find them. If a SA league needs someone I do a round of invites to the goons in the discord, then do a second round to the non-goons and pick the people I have had the best experiences with. B_Sketchy is deffo top of the "actually a goon and reliable" list.

If any of you ever has a goon league that is dangerously close to having an odd number of teams, hit me up and I can ask around.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Aug 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

Quiet Feet posted:

Anyway, b_Sketchy if you could PM me an email address so I can send you an invite.

I think we're only waiting on Yellow Dart's possibly tie-breaking vote on the Doodle. God that site/app is so useful but whenever I type that name I feel like I'm Ned Flanders describing a penis.

I think I doodled effectively. If I hosed it up let me know.