Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Drunk Nerds posted:

You make a fair and hilarious point.

If anyone wants more transparency: our goon-founded fantasy football site has a discord that has a lot of people who want to be in more cool leagues like this one but are too busy to find them. If a SA league needs someone I do a round of invites to the goons in the discord, then do a second round to the non-goons and pick the people I have had the best experiences with. B_Sketchy is deffo top of the "actually a goon and reliable" list.

If any of you ever has a goon league that is dangerously close to having an odd number of teams, hit me up and I can ask around.

Wasn't really worried but that is good to know.

Thanks Yellow Dart! With that it looks like we're set for Sunday September 6th from 8:00-11:00. This was the most popular option with 8 votes. Jabro, Spacejung and Funkybottoms, I see you guys didn't vote for this, can you still make it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Dammit, I un-voted the 6th before I saw your post. My other league chose the 6th just last night.

E: Going to see if I can get the other league moved to earlier in the day. Currently scheduled for 6 PM EST

The Wild Man of YOLO fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Aug 11, 2020

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Quiet Feet posted:

Wasn't really worried but that is good to know.

Thanks Yellow Dart! With that it looks like we're set for Sunday September 6th from 8:00-11:00. This was the most popular option with 8 votes. Jabro, Spacejung and Funkybottoms, I see you guys didn't vote for this, can you still make it?

I’m good for that time. I can make it.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
I will make that time work

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
pretty much any weekend slot works for me.

B_sketchy
May 31, 2019

Quiet Feet posted:

Y'know, if it weren't a pandemic I'd be more concerned that you offered to grab someone and came back like 5 minutes later with a dude called Sketchy.

Not just sketchy, but "BE" sketchy

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

:siren: Slightly more than 24 hours before draft time get hype!:siren:

Oh BTW I heard from a source that McCaffrey fell asleep on both his arms and now they wiggle like he's a wacky inflatable flailing arm tube man and you really shouldn't bid on him.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Happy Auction Day!

I made a voice chat for the auction:
https://discord.gg/pqm87uU

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Saison Barley and Indianapolis Kolsch are great names

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Thanks!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Lol I somehow got almost nobody I wanted but got discounts on a bunch of guys I didn't want.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

I had very little idea what I was doing but I had fun. Only complaint is that I'm less drunk now than when the draft started but that's my own fault

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I love you guys.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

on the bored wop posted:

I had very little idea what I was doing but I had fun. Only complaint is that I'm less drunk now than when the draft started but that's my own faul

:same:

I got a lot of players I didnt want ans pray for their continued success.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

https://fbgcloud.footballguys.com/r...gn=sharedreport

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Feeling very attacked

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

lol, thought i was done and wandered off to make food the last few rounds, sorry about that. was it an algorithm or the commissioner that drafted me a backup kicker and defense?

also, is there a channel in the discord specific to this league? if not, can one be created?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

funkybottoms posted:

lol, thought i was done and wandered off to make food the last few rounds, sorry about that. was it an algorithm or the commissioner that drafted me a backup kicker and defense?

also, is there a channel in the discord specific to this league? if not, can one be created?

Algorithm. The commish was pretty deep into whiskey and cokes at that point.:sweatdrop:

I do not like my team. Tried to get too cute a couple of times and ended up with players I didn't really want. Oh well, guess we'll see how it turns out!

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
my T levels are disastrously low

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Hey so wondering if anyone else is having this shared delusion: Another owner and I do not remember picking and have zero interest in our last two picks. Anyone else have guys on their team that don't make any sense that you don't remember picking?

I'm definitely not thinking there's anything weird, and it's probably just getting too drunk but... I get too drunk every draft and end up with guys that I don't think help my team but are at least on my lists. Here I drafted a second D, the colts. I have massive amounts of articles and such talking about fantasy football for the last 6 months and I never once mention the colts. I also have...Irv Smith as a backup TE?

Again, I obviously picked them in a drunken haze, but I'm just wondering if this is a unique thing that happened to other owners of this draft. Like Maybe ESPN's color scheme creates pick blindness in drunken people or something? All my other leagues are Yahoo, and while I've passed out at the end of all of them, I've still looked at my team the next day and said "yup, this team might suck in places, but these are all guys on my list."

My actaual theory is that ESPN bumps up a couple of those dudes in list price where we were all "Irv smith/Corradelle patterson for 1? He's listed at 4!"

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Sep 10, 2020

B_sketchy
May 31, 2019

It's cool that we both got garbage 2nd TEs for $1. We must have been shocked at the TE scarcity and jumped head first in to the garbage TE market.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Pfft, my garbage 2nd TE was $2! :smug:

I don't remember drafting Gesicki or Jeudy, don't like the former and have no feelings about the latter. But this draft went odd fast for me because I got very few players I actually wanted before the draft but got some bargains on guys I had no opinions of or mixed feelings on. The only two of the bunch I was really looking into were Hurst and Ryan. Thinking with Sanu gone Hurst will get a lot of targets and Gage isn't the answer in the slot. Ryan is in the same position he is every year: tons of weapons, questionable run game, poo poo defense. They'll probably be throwing a lot again and I think it'll work out fine but something about the fact that this is my third year drafting him is making me anxious.

Edit: also Emmanuel Sanders. Saints did not have a real #2 WR last year and he could see a decent amount of work and is worth spending a buck or two on.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Sep 10, 2020

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

I haven't played on ESPN in a couple years and I don't remember this dealy existing. I know it doesn't actually mean much but I'm taking it as a good omen here on the first big day of games. Good luck, guys! But not too much :colbert:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

2nd to 5th!? Apparently my dropping Allen Lizard has had terrible repurcussions! :ohdear:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I'M DRUNK AS poo poo, AND YOU ABOUT TO GET RUN OVER!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Drunk Nerds posted:

I'M DRUNK AS poo poo, AND YOU ABOUT TO GET RUN OVER!

Our match is done dude.

You did it.

I am runned over.

*alternate post*

A drunk post!? By forums user DRUNK NERDS!?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Beer Sent Here, you okay buddy? You need someone to talk to?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Quiet Feet posted:

Beer Sent Here, you okay buddy? You need someone to talk to?

I'm fine. Just checking out the view.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

maybe change it to Xanax Sent Here?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Oh, I'm still getting beer. My waiver game is strong.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

jabro posted:

Oh, I'm still getting beer. My waiver game is strong.

I think I see Devonta down there holding a little trampoline

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Case of the Naturdays is about to get locked into an IRed kicker for the week.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

on the bored wop posted:

Playing my defense against the Packers in solidarity :commissar:

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts

on the bored wop posted:

aaaaaaaand....it happened

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Not that he would've necessarily grabbed him but the Jags replacment kicker scored 1 point more than Lambo... and then got injured. :rubshands:

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

the yellow dart posted:

aaaaaaaand....it happened

I’m 0-2. If a kicker is the difference between my team being a huge disappointment and getting a place for beer then I’m all about it.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I just want to say I admire the sunny optimism of Henry's Hard Soda in attempting to trade a Dallas Cowboy to team Dallas Sucks.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Quiet Feet posted:

I just want to say I admire the sunny optimism of Henry's Hard Soda in attempting to trade a Dallas Cowboy to team Dallas Sucks.

Well COVID is loving fun and I had to try and do what I could. I mean, I could have offered you Chark, but I figured you'd rather have a player who isn't injured in an offer.

Zam fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Oct 1, 2020

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'm just messin' with you man. :shobon:

I used to be more reasonable about it but I had Dez one year and it drove me nuts when he did well. Especially if he scored a ton of points and my team lost anyway. Like why did I even endure that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Quiet Feet posted:

I'm just messin' with you man. :shobon:

I used to be more reasonable about it but I had Dez one year and it drove me nuts when he did well. Especially if he scored a ton of points and my team lost anyway. Like why did I even endure that?

Oh I know - just annoying me to deal with the outbreak. I can slide by with Henry + RB4, but losing Henry just tanks me (and Juju TBF).

So if anyone wants to make an offer, I could use a RB. Not going to sell out for one week, but I'm open.