Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Drunk Nerds posted:

I don't remember seeing that in the discord channel.
What beer is it referencing, I'm too dense to see it.

Think I said something about it last week when you were on cocktail names. No worries.

And yeah it's this, the greatest beer anywhere in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

:siren:Trade deadline:siren: is in one week, 11/20 at 3:00 AM! If you're looking to make that last move to complete your lineup best start working it out now.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
got AP and put him in my lineup, but the website is janky as gently caress on mobile and it didn't take. ugh.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"
Are waivers running tonight, tomorrow, or Thursday with this covid insanity?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Would make sense to push wavers to Thursday morning. Let me check if I can do that. Not seeing anything on mobile.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Quiet Feet posted:

Would make sense to push wavers to Thursday morning. Let me check if I can do that. Not seeing anything on mobile.

I'm pretty sure that's what ESPN is doing by default, but I'm not sure.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

They are. All players are still locked so can’t even add claims right now without an open roster spot.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Just as well because I don't see any way to push waivers back in the league manager tools. Alright, so waivers are on Thursday this week!

I've already grabbed a few things for the box I'm sending out. Heavier stuff that should survived hanging around a while. With any luck I might be able to make a stop by Treehouse at some point in the next month. Season is coming to a close so it'd be a good idea to start thinking in advance what you'll be sending out. For sure there are a couple of breweries that I'd love to include that just won't be possible this year.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Quiet Feet posted:

Just as well because I don't see any way to push waivers back in the league manager tools. Alright, so waivers are on Thursday this week!

Nice job keeping up on this, thanks!

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

what a weird week

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Is ale going to 100% top lager this week?

BTW Funky - I had no right to win that after my Carr mistake. Koo for MVP.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Ale supremacy :smug:

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Paul Proteus posted:

BTW Funky - I had no right to win that after my Carr mistake. Koo for MVP.

with the firepower on display, having our kickers getting the second and third most points on our respective teams is just bananas. also, LET AARON JONES GET A loving TOUCHDOWN ALREADY.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I can't believe I'll have another win after this week. This has been far and away the worst year of fantasy football I've ever experienced.

Also apparently waivers are on Friday!

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts

Quiet Feet posted:

I can't believe I'll have another win after this week. This has been far and away the worst year of fantasy football I've ever experienced.

Also apparently waivers are on Friday!

Ah yes, because the NFL decided to have a Tuesday game instead of a Thursday game. Magical.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

gonna smh and lol if my failure to pick up Corey Davis and Frank Gore costs me this week's game

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Congrats to our playoff teams!

And congrats to Beer Sent Here getting McCaffrey back just in time to crush my hopes of even sniffing the consolation bracket prize.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Quiet Feet posted:

Congrats to our playoff teams!

And congrats to Beer Sent Here getting McCaffrey back just in time to crush my hopes of even sniffing the consolation bracket prize.

I would be celebrating if he didn’t tweak a hammy again today.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

In honor of my MVP kicker dragging me to the most unlikely of bye weeks, and this article, I'm renaming my team. Thanks Drunk Nerds

https://footballabsurdity.com/2020/12/08/santa-claus-fantasy-football-team-names/

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Paul Proteus posted:

In honor of my MVP kicker dragging me to the most unlikely of bye weeks, and this article, I'm renaming my team. Thanks Drunk Nerds

https://footballabsurdity.com/2020/12/08/santa-claus-fantasy-football-team-names/

Cool!

Also I'm the #1 seed in the consolation bracket!!!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

jabro posted:

I would be celebrating if he didn’t tweak a hammy again today.

I just saw he was out of practice again today and I could not care less.

:toxx: I will personally send you a bottle of beer if I win this game. There's no way I come out of the 1st round.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Quiet Feet posted:

I just saw he was out of practice again today and I could not care less.

:toxx: I will personally send you a bottle of beer if I win this game. There's no way I come out of the 1st round.

Thanks! How kind of you to send me a bottle of Sam Adams Utopia.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

If you get a bottle of Utopias from me it will have been drained and filled with a 50/50 mixture of Bud Light Lime and pee.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

So Corona Light.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Good luck to everyone in the playoffs!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

:lol: Jabro you started two injury inactives and still won by 20 points.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Gotta give a shout out to a team that's been vital to getting my thoroughly average team to where it is: Reag Against The Mahomes. After my first victory against RATM in week 6, I went into a bit of a skid and lost five in a row. Just as I started to despair of making the playoffs, who should come along but RATM to get me back in my groove in week 12. And now a playoff win in the first round? Thank you, Reag, you are my Giving Tree.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Quiet Feet posted:

:lol: Jabro you started two injury inactives and still won by 20 points.

That was my bad. For some reason I thought this league was yahoo and all my ESPN leagues were either on bye or I didn't make the play-offs so I ignored the ESPN app last week. I realized yesterday that wasn't the case but didn't change out Hooper since I was comfortably ahead. Good game!

Quick question: OP says local beer, how local you want it? Zip code, immediate area[, geographical area, state?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

There's no hard and fast rule one how local "local" is supposed to be. Generally speaking try to pack beer that isn't likely to be found in your recipient's area. I'll do the assignments when the championship is over and I'm going to need at least everyone's home state for that. As an example, if you're in Texas and we have a winner in Oklahoma I'm probably not going to assign you to them. This does mean that shipping might be a bit high because we tend to have a lot of people on the coasts. Zam sold his soul to keep winning this league every year though so I expect a lot of stuff to end up going to California. :argh:

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

on the bored wop posted:

Gotta give a shout out to a team that's been vital to getting my thoroughly average team to where it is: Reag Against The Mahomes. After my first victory against RATM in week 6, I went into a bit of a skid and lost five in a row. Just as I started to despair of making the playoffs, who should come along but RATM to get me back in my groove in week 12. And now a playoff win in the first round? Thank you, Reag, you are my Giving Tree.

Still very mad about w6.

Congrats go get em

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

on the bored wop posted:

I'm very worried going against your team this week, and also glad I had that off bye week. The matchups and "who is hot" is way more tilted on your favor though. I think I am very much "play who brought you" to the playoffs, so it'll be interesting!

B_sketchy
May 31, 2019

Quiet Feet posted:

...I'm going to need at least everyone's home state for that...

Florida here

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

a couple of bad moves recently on the waiver/free agent market and i'm not feeling too awesome about this week, not to mention having Wilson and Lockett going up against WFT

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

funkybottoms posted:

a couple of bad moves recently on the waiver/free agent market and i'm not feeling too awesome about this week, not to mention having Wilson and Lockett going up against WFT

I completely forgot to check for Thursday's game this week (been dealing with being sick) and I woke up this morning to see the stupidity that was leaving in Allen. I'd have replaced after seeing the "snap count" comments, but oh well for me not checking. Give me another 35 pt Tonyan game please to counter Waller!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Paul Proteus posted:

I completely forgot to check for Thursday's game this week (been dealing with being sick) and I woke up this morning to see the stupidity that was leaving in Allen. I'd have replaced after seeing the "snap count" comments, but oh well for me not checking. Give me another 35 pt Tonyan game please to counter Waller!

I'm gonna root for this scenario because you have sent me good beer in the past but mostly because I have BIG BOBBY TONS in the 20-team league and that would help me a lot.: ssh:

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

I'm gonna root for this scenario because you have sent me good beer in the past but mostly because I have BIG BOBBY TONS in the 20-team league and that would help me a lot.: ssh:

I just don't think I can mentally take ending up fourth in this league two years in a row.

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts

funkybottoms posted:

WFT will have its back-up QB in and just lost one of its starting safeties and Wilson will likely smoke them (which is unfortunate because they are my IRL team of choice :smith:)

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

when i lived near Fair Oaks mall during the Spurrier years i would taunt the employees at the Redskins store, which was both very out-of-character and satisfying

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

no RoJo, Josh Allen went off, and Jonathan Taylor is likely to feast. well, hey, at least i had the best regular-season record, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

funkybottoms posted:

no RoJo, Josh Allen went off, and Jonathan Taylor is likely to feast. well, hey, at least i had the best regular-season record, right?

Zeke was just ruled out so things are getting interesting