Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

on the bored wop posted:

Zeke was just ruled out so things are getting interesting

Been rotating my substitute flex all morning, going to inevitably settle on the worst option

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
well, that worked out great

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Zam I swear to God you better not win this three years in a row! :argh:

Also want to add that looking at my lovely team I'm amazed it managed 4 wins. What a godawful roster.

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts

Quiet Feet posted:

Zam I swear to God you better not win this three years in a row! :argh:

Also want to add that looking at my lovely team I'm amazed it managed 4 wins. What a godawful roster.

I think it was the draft format, but I was actually pretty impressed with how even this league turned out. No one ran away with the crown, not even close.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

there was also a really weird ebb-and-flow to the season and a lot of big injuries; 2020, man

(btw it's me and R Kelly for the work league title; i'm projected to whip his rear end)

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"
I was impressed that I managed to get my team into the playoffs, let alone a bye week, but frustrated that my team that was blowing people out earlier in the year just died towards the end, even with some of the bigger moves I made. I think I'm most frustrated I didn't keep the Corey Davis stack. I'm glad there's no choice I could have made to "win" the semifinal, as my WRs just dropped the ball across the board, but still annoyed to be fighting for 3rd place again. Fingers crossed I don't end up in fourth two years in a row.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'm trying to suss out our arcane consolation bracket rules and I wish I had done that at the beginning of the year. We've been doing it on elimination and that should mean the bracket has already been won.

From looking back on past threads, anyone losing a game in the consolation bracket is eliminated. So myself (Second Bananas), Lindsaya Pale Ale, and Naturdays were taken out in the first round. Which means Kilkenny long-rear end-name, Alex Smith's Mangled Leg and Beer Sent Here were alive for the second round.

In the 2nd round, Beer Sent Here lost to Lindsaya and was eliminated. Leaving Kilkenny and Alex Smith. Kilkenny's won that matchup eliminating Alex Smith and that leaves him as the only non-eliminated team entering week 3. I believe that's B_Sketchy! Congrats!

the yellow dart posted:

I think it was the draft format, but I was actually pretty impressed with how even this league turned out. No one ran away with the crown, not even close.

I apparently will never learn the lesson to trust my instincts because I quickly abandoned the list of players I actually wanted and went shopping for bargains. About the only players I was looking that I actually got were Hurst and Ryan, and Ryan was the last QB on my list. I think the prices that the top RBs were going for spooked me early and I just went passive and took whoever I could get a deal on. Then again who knows? I lost Sutton and Marlon Mack week 1, and then OBJ for most of it and Chubb and Drake for stretches. And it's not like paying $80 for Saquon would've been a winning move this season, though I thought he was the best bet to end up RB#1 on the year.

I'm also annoyed at Matty Ice for having a billion attempts and still being garbage most weeks. :mad:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

:siren: Alright, time to start thinking about those boxes! :siren:

Zam/Henry's Hard Soda and On the Bored Wop/Indianapolis Kolsch, you guys will both be getting beer no matter what, so if you have any preferences or any beer styles that you generally don't like, now is the time to bring it up.

In contention for third place are ???/Younghoe Hoe Hoe and Paul Proteus/Ice Cole Beersley.

As stated above, our consolation bracket winner is B_Sketchy/Kilkenny Hyde-rish Kareem Ale.

I could be jinxing him by bringing it up but with a week to go our current high score champion is Paul Proteus/Ice Cole Beersley with 164.82 points in his week 7 matchup.

Good luck to everyone!

Also names have changed and I'm not 100% certain I have everyone's name/team correctly. Could we all sound off so I can make sure? Also please let me know your general location in the states so I can start thinking about shipping assignments. Thanks.

Edit: should have added myself: Second Bananas Foster Home (formerly Dallas Sucks). Eastern Mass.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Dec 23, 2020

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Beer Sent Here
Southern California

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

i'm no fear hat and i'm in virginia.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Raeg Against the Mahomes

LA

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Quiet Feet posted:

On the Bored Wop/Indianapolis Kolsch, you guys will both be getting beer no matter what, so if you have any preferences or any beer styles that you generally don't like, now is the time to bring it up.

Also please let me know your general location in the states so I can start thinking about shipping assignments.

I haven't developed much of a taste for sour beer; anything else is fair game. I am in, surprise surprise, Indianapolis.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Saison Barley

Richmond, VA

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

I'm actually Younghoe Hoe Hoe. Kentucky.

B_sketchy
May 31, 2019

Quiet Feet posted:

As stated above, our consolation bracket winner is B_Sketchy/Kilkenny Hyde-rish Kareem Ale.

gently caress yes!

Edit: for the record, my team name incorporates the names of 3 players actually on my roster.

B_sketchy fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Dec 24, 2020

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

Alex Smith's Mangled Leg, SW Ohio.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Case of the Naturdays - Texas

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Lindsaya Pale Ale
THE State of Washington University

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Los Angeles. Open to any styles.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

After my insane Kamara start my team is trying to actively explode despite itself. Didn't see both Robinson and Allen sitting.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Having a Troegs Mad Elf right now. Good luck everyone!

Not directly related to fantasy football but also gently caress the Cowboys.

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

Quiet Feet posted:

Not directly related to fantasy football but also gently caress the Cowboys.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Another season in the books! Congrats to all of our winners and thank you to everyone who took part! :cheersbird:

1 - 2020 Champion: Zam/Henry's Hard Soda (God dammit Zam, seriously? Again?)
2 - Silver Medalist: On the Bored Wop/Indianapolis Kolsch
3 - The 3rd place, "Whew that was Close" award goes to Paul Proteus/Younghoe Hoe Hoe

The "Please Stop He's Already Dead" High Score Trophy: Funkybottoms/Ice Cole Beersley
The "Don't Stop Believin'" Consolation Prize Winner: B_Sketchy/Kilkenny Hyde'rish Kareem Ale

I'll try to have shipping assignments posted within the next 48 hours. A reminder that beer boxes are due out shortly after the league ends, with the target date being before January 31, 2021. I understand shipping is kind of a mess right now but that's all the more reason to get everything out as soon as possible. Please remember to send me a receipt/tracking number when you've sent your shipment.

Addendum: gently caress my team for putting up its highest score of the year in the last goddamn week in a meaningless consolation bracket match. Where the hell were you guys all year? :argh:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

:siren: Shipping assignments are in!:siren:

---2020 SHIPPING ASSIGNMENTS

TO ZAM (5 boxes)
1: On the Bored Wop
2: Paul Proteus
3: Alfalfa
4: Funkybottoms
5: Yellow Dart

TO ON THE BORED WOP (3 boxes)
1: Zam
2: Drunk Nerds
3: B_Sketchy

TO PAUL PROTEUS (2 boxes)
1: Quiet Feet
2: Jabro

TO FUNKYBOTTOMS (1 box)
1: Spacejung

TO B_SKETCHY (1 box)
1: Veritek

Please PM your assigned recipient for their address and to check for requests! If you're not quite sure how to ship beer feel free to ask; most of us have done this before and are happy to help. My own general advice is to bubble wrap your bottles individually and place each one in a Ziploc bag. Pack your box tight so that your bottles and/or cans don't slip all over the place in the package. USPS is experiencing serious delays which hopefully might be lessened now that the holiday season is reaching its end but try and give yourself plenty of time before the due date, January 31st. I've had better luck shipping beer with UPS personally but have no idea how they're handling things these days.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

thanks again for commissioneering, Quiet Feet!

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

funkybottoms posted:

Yeah, nice work this year :cheerdoge:

B_sketchy
May 31, 2019

funkybottoms posted:

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

funkybottoms posted:

Thirded. I, for one, had a great time despite being bad.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Thanks QF

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

This league is pretty fun except for the whole sucking not receiving beer part. Thanks for being our Goodell, QF!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

jabro posted:

Thanks for being our Goodell, QF!

Man, that's a roundabout way to call someone an rear end in a top hat.

This league is always a lot of fun and I'm glad I haven't ruined it through incompetence yet, thanks all!

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Cheers for another fun year and another great year as Commish Quiet Feet!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Box for Paul Proteus is in the mail despite me losing my wedding ring in the drat thing, only realizing after I had sealed it up and having to open it up again and dig through.

I need to get my ring resized or get as fat as I was when I got married.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Beer sent

Had a lot of fun this year, thanks!

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jan 9, 2021

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Fwiw you don't need to post tracking here. You can just PM me the info.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Quiet Feet posted:

Fwiw you don't need to post tracking here. You can just PM me the info.

No post tracking so I can do daring oceans 11 heists for free beer.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Quiet Feet posted:

TO ON THE BORED WOP (3 boxes)
1: Zam
2: Drunk Nerds
3: B_Sketchy

Drunk Nerds posted:

USPS TN numbers numbers numbers

Had a lot of fun this year, thanks!

Wait, you never asked me for my address :thunk:

The Wild Man of YOLO fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jan 9, 2021

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Please tell me that's a joke.

Edit: Contacted him elsewhere. I am now curious where that's going. Paging Drunk Nerds to the thread!

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jan 8, 2021

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Quiet Feet posted:

Please tell me that's a joke.

Edit: Contacted him elsewhere. I am now curious where that's going. Paging Drunk Nerds to the thread!

B SKETCHY, who is also mailing you beer, gave it to me. Indy, right?

Sorry for the confusion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B_sketchy
May 31, 2019

on the bored wop posted:

Wait, you never asked me for my address :thunk:

I gave it to him since we're both responsible for sending you beer, and we're friends irl. Hope that was ok...