Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Well that was anticlimactic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

jabro posted:

Well that was anticlimactic.

Thankfully!

Yeah that's fine. As long as everything is going where it's supposed to be going. Was briefly worried it was sent to someone else on here and I really did not want to have to shuffle assignments around.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

B_sketchy posted:

I gave it to him since we're both responsible for sending you beer, and we're friends irl. Hope that was ok...

Yep, no problem :cheers:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

on the bored wop posted:

Wait, you never asked me for my address :thunk:

I think that TN might show your address if you want to edit it out.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Ah, good call

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"
So I guess I get to post the first beer post of this year's receipts. Thank you Commish Quiet Feet, in what seems like the longest beer trade of my life :) I think I've seen this box before?

Definitely well packed. No breaks or leaks at all.

The big picture shot.

This is a lot of beer. Thank you, Quiet Feet. I've never had any of these, and only even ever seen the Allagash or Clown Shoes before in person. I'm excited to get into all of these. More importantly - I really appreciate the note. You're awesome!

Allagash Hive 56
Mayflower Thanksgiving 2020
Jacks Abby Framinghammer & Framinghammer Bourbon Barrel Coffee
Clown Shoes Space Cake, Eagle Claw Fist, and Galactica
Spencer Trappist Barrel Imperial Stout
Treehouse The Universe is Indifferent, Little Nugget, Giving, Nomad, Rover, Little Fire, Curiosity 100, and Impermanence

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Glad it got there okay! And in time for the playoffs too wow. When they said it'd be delivered Saturday I figured that was way too optimistic. And yeah the box is actually the same one you sent me last year. It was still in good shape so I saved it for this season. :laugh:

I almost didn't include the letter because, like I said in it, there were a bunch of my usual favorites I had to replace this year and so there's more in there that I'm not familiar enough with to comment on strongly. Feel like I've been in a rut for years now beerwise. Its a comfortable rut with a lot of good beer but a rut nonetheless. I spent most of 2020 trying local New England brews that I'd always put off because they were readily available and have subsequently found some new favorites. Enjoy! :cheers:

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
12oz cans of Framinghammer would be a Problem for me

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts

Paul Proteus posted:

This is a lot of beer. Thank you, Quiet Feet. I've never had any of these, and only even ever seen the Allagash or Clown Shoes before in person. I'm excited to get into all of these. More importantly - I really appreciate the note. You're awesome!

Allagash Hive 56
Mayflower Thanksgiving 2020
Jacks Abby Framinghammer & Framinghammer Bourbon Barrel Coffee
Clown Shoes Space Cake, Eagle Claw Fist, and Galactica
Spencer Trappist Barrel Imperial Stout
Treehouse The Universe is Indifferent, Little Nugget, Giving, Nomad, Rover, Little Fire, Curiosity 100, and Impermanence

Awesome haul. I already told him in Discord but my beer shipped Friday and should get to Zam on the 14th.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

My first-ever beer league box has arrived! I've seen Drunk Nerds talk about his "beer nerd bar" a few times in the past so I was psyched to be getting a box from him. Big thanks!

The Wild Man of YOLO fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jan 17, 2021

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
The Boneyard RPM is what I serve anyone who comes to town and wants to know what the “70% of all hops grown here” IPA scene is all about.

The rest were picked out by the owner of said nerd beer bar. He plays fantasy football and got super into trying to use the budget to give you the best they had.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

I'm a pint and a half into the RPM right now, can confirm this is tasty stuff

B_sketchy
May 31, 2019

Quiet Feet - have you visited Tree House Brewing in Charlton?

Edit: duh there's some in the box. I haven't visited, but have friends and family in central MA that love it

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

funkybottoms posted:

12oz cans of Framinghammer would be a Problem for me

I haven't had much so far, but made it a point to drink this and some of the Treehouse lagers.

So far Framinghammer and Treehouse Nomad have been stellar, near amazing,. Little Fire was also quite good - but I wish it were more smoke heavy. I love me a Rauchbier.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Paul Proteus posted:

I haven't had much so far, but made it a point to drink this and some of the Treehouse lagers.

So far Framinghammer and Treehouse Nomad have been stellar, near amazing,. Little Fire was also quite good - but I wish it were more smoke heavy. I love me a Rauchbier.

I should have your box shipped out hopefully this weekend or early next week. All the breweries around here are only open for a few hours on Saturday so it's been slow getting some beers stocked up.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

B_sketchy posted:

Quiet Feet - have you visited Tree House Brewing in Charlton?

Edit: duh there's some in the box. I haven't visited, but have friends and family in central MA that love it

Lol yup. Twice before covid and I came away empty handed because the mines were insane. Twice afterwards. Their curbside line moves very fast now but it is still about an hour away from me, so not the kind of thing I'd do on a regular basis.

Paul Proteus posted:

Man, Framinghammer is so good. Think there was one more Little Fire in the variety pack I got, I'll have to try that next.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

jabro posted:

I should have your box shipped out hopefully this weekend or early next week. All the breweries around here are only open for a few hours on Saturday so it's been slow getting some beers stocked up.

All good. No rush. I'm in the same boat getting it out to Zam. Blame covid.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Zam - beers are picked and boxed.

Just waiting to get back from traveling so I can get it shipped. Hoping early next week.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

First box has arrived from the yellow dart!

Great mix of beers and a pils crowler which is perfect to open on this 90 degree winter day. I have to admit that seeing Dark Apparition in a can felt as weird to me as Framinghammer in cans. Looking forward to opening everything!

Thanks the yellow dart!

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zam posted:

Great mix of beers and a pils crowler which is perfect to open on this 90 degree winter day. I have to admit that seeing Dark Apparition in a can felt as weird to me as Framinghammer in cans. Looking forward to opening everything!

Thanks the yellow dart!

I'm glad you posted this. I was definitely going to buy some revolution for you next week in Chicago. Now I'll pass!

The real debate is if I'm stupid enough to drive to WI for some New Glarus.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
box shipped to B_Sketchy and PM'ed the tracking number

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Paul Proteus posted:

I'm glad you posted this. I was definitely going to buy some revolution for you next week in Chicago. Now I'll pass!

The real debate is if I'm stupid enough to drive to WI for some New Glarus.

Rev is always welcome.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Last I'd checked, Zam's box was due to arrive tomorrow, so I was surprised to see this box of goodness show up a little bit ago. Thanks, man! I love a good stout on a snowy day like today so that's what I'll be getting into when the games start this afternoon :whatup:

The Wild Man of YOLO fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jan 17, 2021

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

drat.

B_sketchy
May 31, 2019

How in the hell do you guys get so much beer for $50? A couple of shipments above look like insane value.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I grossly overspend. :ssh:

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Quiet Feet posted:

Same.

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts

Zam posted:

Thanks the yellow dart!

Glad it made it there safely! Enjoy! I hope that pilsner was good because I did not try any on my own, but its supposed to be great.

on the bored wop posted:

Last I'd checked, Zam's box was due to arrive tomorrow, so I was surprised to see this box of goodness show up a little bit ago. Thanks, man! I love a good stout on a snowy day like today so that's what I'll be getting into when the games start this afternoon :whatup:

goddrat

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Box #2 arrived today from funkybottoms!

A showcase of Richmond's finest plus beers from The Veil, Triple Crossing, and Hardywood. Always love everything from Ardent (especially the pils), and the Hardywood Gingerbread Stout is nostalgic for me and all the times I traded with funkybottoms in his pre-Ardent days (back to 2013!). Thanks!

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Whoa, 2 RVA Goons in the league?

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Zam posted:

Box #2 arrived today from funkybottoms!

A showcase of Richmond's finest plus beers from The Veil, Triple Crossing, and Hardywood. Always love everything from Ardent (especially the pils), and the Hardywood Gingerbread Stout is nostalgic for me and all the times I traded with funkybottoms in his pre-Ardent days (back to 2013!). Thanks!

you're too kind; hope the dunkel is still drinking nicely, because i think that's one of our best. i actually picked up the GBS with the expectation of sending you a box, too!

Veritek83 posted:

Whoa, 2 RVA Goons in the league?

yeah, right? i'm actually a brewer at ardent (easily won the regular season at work and was destroyed by our social media guy/kamara in the championship game) and have reasonably okay hygiene if you ever wanna say hello

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

funkybottoms posted:

yeah, right? i'm actually a brewer at ardent (easily won the regular season at work and was destroyed by our social media guy/kamara in the championship game) and have reasonably okay hygiene if you ever wanna say hello

I did a pickup order on Friday for the box I sent to B_Sketchy. I'll pm you next time I order, as long as you let me know when Defenstrator is coming back.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Veritek83 posted:

I did a pickup order on Friday for the box I sent to B_Sketchy. I'll pm you next time I order, as long as you let me know when Defenstrator is coming back.

we have barrel-aged on right now and we recently brewed a fresh batch for canning that should be out late February/early March

B_sketchy
May 31, 2019

Quiet Feet posted:

First year... Now I know.

Also, Thank you to Veritek! You nailed it.

Edit: apparently that pic was taken with a potato. Better version - https://photos.app.goo.gl/odbwWr5HknAUpkGP6

Only registered members can see post attachments!

B_sketchy fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jan 21, 2021

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Bingo Black Lager is loving good.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

B_sketchy box arrived yesterday. Thank you, much appreciated! Already demolished the Tropicana Cookies.

Zam, should have your box shipped... early next week?

B_sketchy
May 31, 2019

on the bored wop posted:

B_sketchy box arrived yesterday. Thank you, much appreciated! Already demolished the Tropicana Cookies.

Yay! Glad you liked it.

B_sketchy
May 31, 2019

Veritek83 - I just cracked the Mexican Hot Chocolate Imperial Stout. Holy poo poo is that good!

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

B_sketchy posted:

Veritek83 - I just cracked the Mexican Hot Chocolate Imperial Stout. Holy poo poo is that good!

nobody fucks with the Jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

My box to Zam has been packed and labelled. It will be shipped within next 24 hours. Tracking sent to Quiet Feet.