Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos
If this was 2019, and you were an Australian like me, I'd say "Buy Aussie Shares!"
Now that it's 2020, and the market has dropped like a brick, I'd still say "Buy Aussie Shares!"

Shares
Shares.
SHARES!

If you have cash, it is not going anywhere if you just keep it as cash. Inflation will eventually make it worthless. Bank "savings" will maybe keep it up to the CPI, but that's just letting the bank reap all the rewards.

The market is...[I'm not qualified to say], right now. But the regular bluechips are always strong if you want to privately invest.

The trick is, a lot of actually decent people, not just crooks, are looking at your 10k right now, and the decent ones know that they can invest it super well, get a good slice of the return for themselves, and give the rest to you. It's a good way to start, you still get something, but some nerd at a computer is still winning more than you. Those are investment funds and exchange traded funds.

Otherwise, go it alone. But I'm Australian, I invest in Australian shares, and I've never regretted it. If you're American, and you invest in solid American companies, you'll never regret it either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU