Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.
If the OP had invested $10,000 in Vanguard's VTI fund, rather than posting this thread, he would have bought 61.305 shares that would now be worth $10,459.17.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

literally this big posted:

$VTSAX and chill

this

It's true, $VTSAX would be a better form for him (it's essentially the same fund, for those who don't know). VTI is just straightforward enough that I can come back every month and easily compare its growth to his potential $10,000 real estate investment (which would be what, a shed?).

Kaal
May 22, 2002

Kaal posted:

If the OP had invested $10,000 in Vanguard's VTI fund, rather than posting this thread, he would have bought 61.305 shares that would now be worth $10,459.17.

Four months later, those hypothetical shares would now be worth $11,659.60.