Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
hmm laying a computer to permanent rest? = good

torturing a computer by taunting it with death but reviving it? = bad

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
your computer dies every time you turn it off and a new one is created when you turn it on op

it’s exactly like when you go to sleep

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

picturing the whole of yospos just constantly restarting their computers

jokes on you.i don’t even have a computer.

George
Nov 27, 2004

I just whistle into the phone

mystes
May 31, 2006

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

picturing the whole of yospos just constantly restarting their computers
Actually, imagine the whole of yospos just turning their monitors on and off constantly.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
:f5:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

echi i'm going to hack into your non-updated operations system and turn off the reminder

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
thank gently caress for you

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
let’s get restarted in here
let’s get restarted in here

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lol. oops. i always thought it was “let’s get it started in here” and then i looked up the lyrics and welp.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

They changed the lyrics so it would get played more on the radio.
No wonder the whole world thinks they misheard the song, if you look it up on YouTube you can find both versions and they sound nearly identical

George
Nov 27, 2004

President Beep posted:

lol. oops. i always thought it was “let’s get it started in here” and then i looked up the lyrics and welp.

yeah that’s the radio edit

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I turn my pc off at night because the rgb bullshit keeps me awake otherwise.

Gets to Windows in about 5 seconds though, thanks NVMe :smuggo:

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

Na na na na na na na na Batman!
I was confused how my room was 81 degrees at 4AM when it was low 60's outside and then I realized I left my desktop on overnight

mystes
May 31, 2006

klosterdev posted:

I was confused how my room was 81 degrees at 4AM when it was low 60's outside and then I realized I left my desktop on overnight
I bet that itanium processor is really good at bitcoin mining.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
my kids were watching honey i shrunk the kids and then this bullshit pops up again. gently caress!!! i’ve turned off every update thing possible and yet it never learns. should have stuck with windows 2000

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

get an nvidia shield tv for media center stuff

getting HDR to work reliably on windows 10 is a nightmare, but with Kodi on the shield it just works

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

what happens when you update windows 10?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

you get windows 11

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

oh poo poo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

r u ready to WALK posted:

get an nvidia shield tv for media center stuff

getting HDR to work reliably on windows 10 is a nightmare, but with Kodi on the shield it just works

lmao no that’s my main pc, which is also my
main tv. and by main i mean only, in both cases

Chewbaccanator
Apr 7, 2010

President Beep posted:

lmao I had no idea that was a thing, what a concept for a song

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

echinopsis posted:

my kids were watching honey i shrunk the kids and then this bullshit pops up again. gently caress!!! i’ve turned off every update thing possible and yet it never learns. should have stuck with windows 2000

you should restart your computer imo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
why just so steve gates can get 50c richer? no thanks

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
I received an email from synology telling me that my nas isn't responding so I guess i had a power loss at home

so it means my Nas will be restarting which is even worse than restarting your desktop computer :smith:

pram
Jun 10, 2001

echinopsis posted:

yospos

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I tell the people at work to restart their computer at least once a week. That means i dont have to deal with 90% of the bullshit and i also know they are big dumb for doing so

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Zlodo posted:

I received an email from synology telling me that my nas isn't responding so I guess i had a power loss at home

so it means my Nas will be restarting which is even worse than restarting your desktop computer :smith:

do you have a ups

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

apple made macos version 11 so they can be one better than windows 10. i see you, tim

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
legitimate reasons for restarting a computer :

changing CPU or maybe power supply

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

echinopsis posted:

lol I've never seen a windows update prompt with that kind of patronizing smarm in it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol the tray tells me that I am at “risk” of being “out of date”....

who writes this bullshit

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

thanks for reminding me

(I wonder if the "attach file" premium feature on this forum still works)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil
Uptime girl
She's been living in her uptime world

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Clark Nova posted:

lol I've never seen a windows update prompt with that kind of patronizing smarm in it

I loving hate it!!1

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
gee thanks bill gates

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

i'm the keeping it running it

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

echinopsis posted:

gee thanks bill gates

pick a time mate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
do it you coward