Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

looking forward to the black and white filter in Cyberpunk 2099 being called Fritz Lang Mode, black and white Red Dead Redemption 3 being Leone Mode, etc because self-important signifiers are the epic pop culture references of 2020. gently caress!!!

leone shot in color, game set natch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Fungah! posted:

leone shot in color, game set natch
yeah and Metropolis is set in 2030, much closer to our time than Cyberpunk.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

its funny bc its not like kurosawa loved black and white, he just shot in b&w out of necessity. he made lots of color film!

Alright dude.

Pushy Cat
Jun 24, 2016

during filming rashomon kurosawa and crew mixed ink in with the rain to make it standout more against white background. with his bnw films, viewers especially in the west were blown away with how dynamic dense vivid and literally deep were his frames all within the limitations of bnw. goobye

Pushy Cat
Jun 24, 2016

double post

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Yeah they should of merged Blobbuster video with this forum for sure. You people are maniacs.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobbuster

Pushy Cat
Jun 24, 2016

Wormskull posted:

Yeah they should of merged Blobbuster video with this forum for sure. You people are maniacs.

dumbass

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

What kind of supreme dork post was that dude.

Pushy Cat
Jun 24, 2016

Wormskull posted:

What kind of supreme dork post was that dude.

the kind that who gives a gently caress, bitch

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

[Barking like DMX]

Pushy Cat
Jun 24, 2016

talking about kurosawa in a thread for a game that has a filter called kurosawa-gaze? gah!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

[Barking like DMX]

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

[Barking like DMX]

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

yeah i might have been wrong about the insufferable people being gone from BBV

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

[Barking like DMX]

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

its funny bc its not like kurosawa loved black and white, he just shot in b&w out of necessity. he made lots of color film!

Wormskull posted:

Alright dude.

[Barking like DMX]

Lmfao

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
It is pretty dumb they called it Kurosawa mode and not just black and white mode which is what it is and also why would you play a game in black and white

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
It’s one of those things they included so people would be like whoa did you hear you can play it in kurosawa mode??? And then they get it and switch it on for 1 second and are like whoa that’s so cool then flip it off and never think about it again

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
personally, I think movies are good

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I swap in and out of the black and white mode a lot. It doesn’t always work but when it does it’s really cool

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

It’s good for showdowns

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

i'm going to wait to play this on ps5

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
Game beat, it’s good. Gonna have to start a new game on lethal now

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
the camera in this game is kind of irritating during combat

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
cutting bamboo is fun. mashing buttons ftw

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
The game is very good

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

... For my smooth, burnt umber turds that need to be squeezed upon something that other people cherish.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

apropos to nothing posted:

It’s one of those things they included so people would be like whoa did you hear you can play it in kurosawa mode??? And then they get it and switch it on for 1 second and are like whoa that’s so cool then flip it off and never think about it again

i beat re2make in noir mode for my first run, wearing the costume. natch. it made the licker guys really really hard to see which was cool. it didnt really add anything otherwise though.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
still having fun but yeah the game is gettin kinda easy after a few health upgrades/charms and stuff. i bumped it up to hard but i don't really want to do lethal...cuz then theres no reason to do the health upgrades n stuff right? if you die in one hit anyway

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
also this game makes my regular slim ps4 sound like its going to catch fire

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Personally my slim ps4 is somewhere between hot enough to cook an egg and sounding like it's about to explode at all times.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

mycophobia posted:

still having fun but yeah the game is gettin kinda easy after a few health upgrades/charms and stuff. i bumped it up to hard but i don't really want to do lethal...cuz then theres no reason to do the health upgrades n stuff right? if you die in one hit anyway

You can take a few hits after bumping your health up in lethal mode, it’s not purely one hit and you’re dead. I didn’t play in hard so I don’t know how it compares but the thing I liked about lethal was that it made the enemies have low health too so it keeps that early game balance where you play defensively and fights are over in a few sword swings either way

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

You can take a few hits after bumping your health up in lethal mode, it’s not purely one hit and you’re dead. I didn’t play in hard so I don’t know how it compares but the thing I liked about lethal was that it made the enemies have low health too so it keeps that early game balance where you play defensively and fights are over in a few sword swings either way

I'm glad that difficulty modes like this are become more common, Shadow of War and a few others have it too. It's much better than western developer difficulty disease where hard just turns enemies into HP sacks

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
finished act 1 with about 21 hours on the clock so far, doing lotsa side stuff and rarely fast traveling. bumped it up to lethal shortly before the act 1 finale, definitely the way to play it

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
Going to replay this now because it’s been a year and the game is good

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

apropos to nothing posted:

Going to replay this now because it’s been a year and the game is good

There’s a directors cut coming with a new island next month. May wanna wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

man nurse posted:

There’s a directors cut coming with a new island next month. May wanna wait

Its apparently a DLC rather than an upgrade of sorts which is making people mad and confused.

So, here is an article that seems to break that down:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...sh=4b080b0342c0