Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Don’t vote for Nate Heinhold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

I know Catrina Allen has come out in support of dgpt. Paige and Ella are publicly supportive of Natalie. I’m hoping Missy, Ohn, and Jen Allen are cool since they’re ridiculously nice and happy in person

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

UDisc dropped the free scorecard limit at least. Payment gets you historical data and probably other stuff but I’ll wait and see if I run in to the paywall

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

Fart Car '97 posted:

Got to do some discing in the denver area this week and good lord I'm jealous of how dense their disc golf course scene is. There's so many in such a small area.

I was there last week! I played Centre Hills for the first time and loved it! The opposite of flat-rear end south Florida

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

fociP posted:

Deep down I know I already have more discs than needed for the next couple years of playing, I've decided not to buy anything without selling or losing something already in my collection.

I made that same pledge an entire shoe rack of discs ago

I haven’t bought anything in months at this point but I will probably snag some things at usdgc

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

I’m at the usdgc distance comp and I love how accessible the pros are. GG, Matt Bell, Corey Ellis, Adam Hammes and AB all hung out with the spectators for some or all of the last hour

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

Played Nevin last week before usdgc and that course kicked our asses. I spectated dgpt finals there last year and it was way more fun to play Nevin than it was to spectate. Looking forward to finals there this week and seeing the pros birdy holes that I got an 8 on.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

I have a shift and a rebel and they own. Comfortable and durable

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

There’s short pros like Mason Ford, Emerson Keith, McBeth is only 5’8. The guys who throw over 600 tend to be tall, but not always, and the women who crush aren’t all giants.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

Muir posted:

That's a good point. Ella Hansen is a normal sized human.

So is Eliezra, and she smashes on golf lines. Was crazy watching everyone else in the distance comp throw sky high annys hoping they would fight out and then this 16 year old kid bombs lasers you could throw on a course and shows them up. Had a chance to talk to her after USDGC and she hasn’t practiced distance lines since they’re so fickle and not useful on the course. If she ever decides to practice them she could really push all time numbers.

They recorded the distance comp this year for DGN and maybe eventually YouTube. They had skyote chasing the drives with his drones so the coverage should be amazing when it releases.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

NickRoweFillea posted:

loving marketing got me again. I got the Gyropalooza box and the Discmania mystery box.

I throw a total eclipse envy from last year’s gyro box every round I play. I also ordered this year’s.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

Muir posted:

Just picked up a Gyropalooza box and a Time Lapse from my local shop this morning. My mystery discs were all mostly understable, which is great for me, so I'm happy. I got an Atom (3 3 0 1), an Echo (5 5 -1.5 1), an Ascend (6 5 -3 0.5), a glow Lift (9 5 -2 1.5), a Defy (11 5 -1 3), and a Relativity (14.5 5.5 -3 1.5). All but the Atom and the Lift are Neutron or Cosmic Neutron.

The Atom is weird, I can't figure out what plastic it is. It feels like Fission, but their website says the Atom only comes in Proton and Electron (and Cosmic Electron). It's a lab second, so maybe it is Fission and they haven't released it yet?

The full glow Glitch is cool. My kids and I spent like an hour throwing glow discs at the basket in the back yard last night, and this will make a welcome addition.

I got the same atom, echo and lift. Other three were a lab seconds copy of this year’s hex, lab seconds time lapse, and a servo. Pretty happy. I will throw the seconds hex and the glitch for sure and I want to check out the detour.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

Wave gang chiming in. That discs bombs without a lot of arm speed

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

Usdgc distance comp is up

https://youtu.be/2qRYlfa8ldM

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

NickRoweFillea posted:

Eliezra Midtlyng can throw so loving far, drat. And only 16 years old, too.

She doesn’t practice distance lines either. Just smashes on drives. I’m excited to see where the limits of this sport are in 5-10 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

Salt Fish posted:

I'm so frustrated to hear this! I half want to check r/discgolf but I know it'll ruin my day.

The official updates are being posted on https://www.dgpt.com/event-updates/ if you want to avoid the assholes on reddit