Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

headcase posted:

My underworld is the most understable disc I own except paradox. It flops over and almost goes roller immediately. I haven't tried getting into a hyzer flip rythm with it tho.

This is the same with my underworld, and makes me feel better that I'm not alone with this issue. I can't figure out how anyone can throw it well. If I back off on the arm power to try and avoid turning it over, it just hooks hard left. I've had one good throw with it since my sister in law got it for me for Christmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I bought two Dino Discs, one for my 7 year old, and one for my 4 year old. They both love them! They have bad form and won't listen to me to try and help fix it, but they're out with dad and having fun so I don't worry about it.

One is a robot Stegosaurus looking one, it reminds my 7 year old of Dinotrux so it is now his favorite disc.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

If you simply throw the disc in the basket, it’s very easy to find!

drat, this is what I've been doing wrong.

Edit - for a quality post, I've been using an Infinite Discs Alpaca putter for the past couple months (because it has the coolest art if you get the marauder stamp) and it's doing pretty well for me. The new Alien Aztec stamp is pretty cool though too. I throw my discs based off what artwork is cool and so far it hasn't let me down.

americanzero4128 fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Oct 9, 2023

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I've got a Mantra and a Construct in my backpack, and they're pretty good flying discs.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

NickRoweFillea posted:

Shanked my trusty Underworld into a cornfield and it vanished. Rip

I'll throw my Underworld this weekend in memory of yours. Gone but not forgotten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

NickRoweFillea posted:

Shanked my trusty Underworld into a cornfield and it vanished. Rip

I threw my Underworld into a pond today. Seems like a problem with the disc if two of us are throwing them places they aren't meant to go. I was able to get mine back, fortunately.

I threw it on slight anhyzer to get around a tree on a 270' hole, wind caught it and pushed it over more, turned into a bouncing roller, kept getting close to the water, and took one final bounce over the brush at water's edge and took a swim. Just how I envisioned my throw.