Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henron
Feb 19, 2010

Arms held out
In your Jesus Christ pose
Oh are we doing dumb disc purchases now?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/671524716355256341/768217806596472862/IMG_20201020_165512507_HDR.jpg

I present to you something, I'll never ever turn over.

Henron fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Oct 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henron
Feb 19, 2010

Arms held out
Most manufacturers are struggling to keep up with demand because 2020 was an extremely good year for disc golf as a sport and demand for discs spiked dramatically.

Also re: shoe talk, I've found that the Merrell Trail Glove sneakers have been a huge boon to my footwork and general comfort level on the course while also protecting me from some of the more gnarly portions of courses.

Henron
Feb 19, 2010

Arms held out

ThePopeOfFun posted:

It was truly breathtaking. Absolutely unbelievable.

Went out this weekend after watching the pros all week. LMAO pros are good. I kept throwing short because they make it look so smooth and easy, I subconsciously wasn't throwing very hard because I assumed the disc would just go.

That being said, I've got a couple Wraith drivers in 175g & 145g that I like OK, but they're beat to hell. The 145g has lost its stability after tasting so many trees off the tee. What drivers do ya'll like to throw? I just bought a putter so I think I might just get whatever's on the used stand at my local shop.

If you don't have the power to get a 175g Wraith up to speed and prevent it from dumping out early I'd look at a fairway driver like a Teebird3 or Prodigy's F3, they're pretty ridiculously straight flying discs that you just love to see hold a straight line and go far without dumping too hard.

Henron
Feb 19, 2010

Arms held out

Johnny Truant posted:

Shot -5 against my projection in my weekly league just now :bubblewoop:

Hoping my placement is good enough to get me credit enough to buy me a new disc and pay my entry fee again next week :homebrew:

I'm leaning more and more into Prodigy discs, they might overtake Innova for my most owned discs soon.

Reddit's disc golf subreddit hates on Prodigy but I've had nothing but good discs from them.

Henron
Feb 19, 2010

Arms held out

Johnny Truant posted:

Good, make his garbage rear end just be forgotten and irrelevant. He was instantly suspended from his Gateway contract, so that's another win.

Pretty telling that even Gateway has disciplined the guy, his uncle either runs or is very high up in the company so he's always had that lifeline.

Makes me wonder what he did to be so unceremoniously dropped by Westside last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henron
Feb 19, 2010

Arms held out
Finally measured not one but TWO 400+ foot drives with an S-Line DD3 and ESP Scorch today.

I'd done back-to-back putter rounds with a K1 Reko X and really worked on keeping my arm hinged and the disc flat through the pull, seems to have paid off :).

Also echoing gently caress the DGPT, will not be giving them any of my money in the future.