Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I was looking through some of the courses near me on dgcoursereview and I see some of them have pin position information for some of the holes. What's that about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

What's the best way to practice in like a backyard or something? I finally caved and bought one of those Innova starter sets that has a driver, midrange, and putter and ready to get out there.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Thanks for the tips everyone.

Easychair Bootson posted:

I'd recommend that you just get out and play.

This seems like a good plan. I'm just here to have fun after all.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

So I finally went out for a round and was lucky enough to play the course with another first time player and one of the old timers who was able to show us the actual basket locations and stuff. I enjoyed it and I can definitely see myself getting out some more. Thanks thread!

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Had a few firsts today. Actually hit par on two holes and even had a really good putt on one. Also lost my first disc in a tall bush that was taller than me and it's lost forever now probably. On the plus side thats one less Innova in my bag and can be replaced with a not Innova.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

It's a personal decision of mine so not worth a derail.
What IS worth a derail is this special Halloween edition Buzzz I saw while looking up replacements.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

My buzzz came in and I knew it was a day-glo one but didn't think I'd get the Halloween one.

I feel like this is too neat to throw and I'd feel bad losing or dinging it up.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Someone found the disc I lost and texted me about it and I was able to pick it up from the course on my lunch break. Putting your number on your discs was a pro tip.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Does this count as a made putt?

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Different kind of hazard today

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I'm finding that my shots are rising way too much when I drive. Does anyone have any tips to try and stay low? I'd also be interested in knowing more about where my feet should be pointing on drives.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Played my first big course today (21 holes) with a few par 5's. Beside being absolutely massive it was pretty cool to really try and throw far.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Played for the first time again in month and had the worst round I've ever had. At least the course wasn't busy I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Had time off yesterday and took some time to go just play and not keep track of score. I ended up playing each hole throwing backhand and forehand and found myself getting less frustrated when throwing forehand so lets hear those forehand throwing tips and tricks.