Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I built the goal my wife got me as a gift and spent the day in the backyard cussing my putting ability. Having my dogs running around as I threw made it all the more enjoyable, though!

I also spent a little money to buy six of the same Yikun putter. Love your inexpensive and reliable plastics, President Xi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I love that Yikun Xing putter. I hit a shot from 50 yards out with it today.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I played it at the Cedars of Lebanon State Park disc golf course with my buddies today. The park is about 45 minutes east of Nashville. It was a lot of fun! There were some short technical throws, and a few really long forearm tosses. Really narrow tree corridors on several holes. The atmosphere was pretty, and there was a big sinkhole on 12.

I personally played like garbage, but I keep getting better at throwing this Innova Cheetah.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Got in 21 at Seven Oaks today. It’s so loving humid

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Took a buddy golfing down in Memphis today! He had never been and had an amazing time. I gave him the discs I loaned him, and he said he would pay it forward by buying discs and taking another mutual friend of ours. The Shelby Farms course is much more open than what I’m used to up in Nashville, which exposed my noodle arm lol. I need to film my throw and start really drilling down on my mistakes.

This is the first sport I’ve played where I actually want to practice and improve. Such fun.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Bought some Thoughtspace discs for the art, but then I threw them and now they’re my favorites

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Johnny Truant posted:

Nikko Locastro being an embarrassing punkass clown today, jfc gently caress that guy.

Congratulations to Nikko Locastro on his LIV contract

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Anybody have a recommendation for custom print jobs on a disc? My best friend of two decades (and the guy who got me into this hobby) is moving up north and I want to get him a disc with our picture on it as a forget-me-not.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Got my first ever birdie today at Seven Oaks today! Hole six, I threw a Thought Space Mantra with a perfect fade through the tree cover and had it drop ten feet from the pin. I’ve never been so nervous about a putt. Lol

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I understand the Buzzz love now. It and the star Mako3 have got me respecting the midrange disc much more.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I wish I had the arm to throw a Destroyer. I picked up one of the fifteenth anniversary stamp runs and it feels so good to hold but I know I’ll lose it the second I try to huck it down a wooded fairway.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Debating reactivating my Facebook strictly to get into some disc golf groups. I wish social media hadn’t crushed forums as the go-to online discussion platform.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Westside Underworld…I love this disc.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Can anyone recommend me a starting yoga regimen? I’m losing power on my rotations because my muscles are as stiff as the bones they connect.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Just signed up for an MVP Space Ace Race with my buddy! A glow hex and glow pilot are included in the player pack (they’re the only discs you’re allowed to use). Can’t wait!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Just got a Par Plastics mystery box. Awesome purchase. They shipped me a Berg, Falk, Buzzz ESP GT, CryZtal Zone, Ethereal Nebula Omen, and a Jackalope. The Discrafts were Ledgestone from this year too, and have super cool stamps. If you are wanting to get some random discs, I highly recommend Par Plastics. I gave them parameters (orange discs, nothing above a 9 speed, and a request for whoever was picking to put one of their favorite discs in as well) and am very pleased with what I got. I’m gonna hit the links after work today!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
To the guy wanting starter set advice, do the Innova F2 thing Salt Fish said, and get a Leopard, a Mako3, and an Aviar in Star plastic.

Played my first ever event tonight: a MVP Space Ace Race. A glow hex and glow pilot were provided and the only discs allowed. It was SO much fun! My friend hit an ace and I brushed the chains twice. So close…next time.

Btw, if you’re wanting to get glow plastic, this MVP glow is no joke. It held very visible luminescence for drat near 20 minutes.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Fully charged, it was drat near too bright to throw in the dark of the woods. I wound up tracing shapes in it with the UV light. A star, a smiley face, a “A” for ace, a crescent moon, etc. lol

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Interesting topic of discussion: which plastics do y’all prefer? I know a lot of manufacturers share plastic blends, but I’m not entirely sure what all the connections are.

I love Innova Star and TSA Aura. Grippy and durable.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Thinking of getting into Streamline discs

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Mcqueen posted:

I bought a gyropalooza box. Why did I do that? I’m not even good at this game. I can’t even throw anything over a 9 speed. Just a complete idiot.

I covet the Envy that came in that box.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
ENVY GANG

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
If I had to play a round with only one disc, it would be my trusty James Conrad commemorative electron hard Envy. So reliable. So true. A workhorse in every sense of the word.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Aperture Priority posted:

ENVY GANG. ENVY GANG.

Envy Gang

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Anybody get anything cool for Xmas? I got a Upper Park Rebel and a cosmic neutron Envy

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Bandire posted:

I just started playing in March of 2022 with a group of friends/coworkers as a completely clueless newbie. What started out as a monthly goof off game, turned in to a full blown obsession by August. As a 45 year old dude that hasn't been terribly engaged in anything remotely athletic in 30 years, I'm having a blast.

This holiday season I went a little nuts buying disc golf stuff for myself. Discmania mystery box, a nice practice basket, an Upper Park Rebel bag, and probably another 20 or so random discs. Next up I'm going to have to figure out some disc storage with all the excess stuff I currently can't or don't throw.

If you have an IKEA near you, there’s a really great shelf that is the perfect size for discs that I use. I’ll see if I can find the name when I get home.

Where’s Simon going? MVP? Infinite? Franklin?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Placeholder posted:

So I broke the radial bone of my right arm about a month ago and it looks like it's going to be a while until I'm able to throw discs using that hand again. I still want to throw though so I guess I'm going to give learning to throw lefty a go. Have any of you tried learning to throw with your off-hand?

I have not but best of luck! If you can get good at that you won’t have to ever throw forehand again.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Simon to MVP! Between him and James Conrad, Team MVP is now “Team Most Likable Guys on Tour”

Plus, check out the glow Hex tour series. I got a Hex from the space race last year but I’ll def be getting another…the addiction to plastic is real.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Everyone ITT needs to throw the Envy. It is a perfect disc

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Lmao drat

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
P2 time, playing putters and mids only till my form is not dogshit

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Happy Fission Envy Day to all who celebrate

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
No such thing as a bad Envy. I tried to get one of the Simon hexes but my FLDS was sold out immediately.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I just sent in my application to join the Dark Ace Disc Golf street team. Fingers crossed! Any of y’all got any brand partnerships?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Had a 108 foot throw in Sunday with, you guessed it, an Envy. Envy gang envy gang

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

ThePopeOfFun posted:

If you love the envy and the hex, don’t sleep on Gateway’s Chief. Really incredible disc. Still overstable, but I find it less stable than the Envy and Hex for distance shots, especially if I put some power into it. Fell in love with it in sure grip soft, then bought it in diamond so it wouldn’t get so beat up. Probably my favorite disc in my bag.

Ooh. Thanks for the heads up. I’ll take a look.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Just won a ThrowJoes giveaway for a sick dyed Envy. So psyched

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Muir posted:

Might be Lots, might be Falk or Stal or Gote.

Lmao

Par Plastic rules. I got a mystery box from them and it was all quality. Some Kasta, some TSA, some Ledgestone, and a delightful Berg with a CAT-CAT stamp.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Muir posted:

Phase 1 of the super sweet OTB Open MVP drop is today. My local shop is getting them all in and I'm going to swoop down there and probably just grab one of each. Such cool stamps and plastic combos.

That proton soft Envy is a must-cop for me. If I can finagle one of those R2 Glitches I’ll be real stoked, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Had a great time at the Music City Open today! Maria Oliva complimented my Kavu poncho right when Paul McBeth was teeing off on hole 1 and I almost died of starstruckness