Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
sheeit, glad I found this thread

facts:
1) gently caress the dgpt
2) bangers & comets 4lyfe
3) the competition is soooo good and fun to watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Blurb3947 posted:

Udisc raised their prices to $30/yr. Not sure how I feel about it. If I hadn't met the devs and understood how hard they've worked to push Udisc to be a mainstay of disc golf I probably would just walk at that price.

Also bought two F2 Innova discs recently to find a super understable fairway driver. Sidewinder and Roadrunner. Was excited to toss them only to find out that they are more overstable than my Firebirds. I've never had new discs be so far off of how they should fly, but they were $9 each for champ and star plastic...

Champ/star leopards have always been overstable for my arm. That premium plastic just molds up more overstable and take forever to break it. (plus general variety of stability)

can't complain for 9 bucks.

Friend gave me a jawbreaker banger gt. Very cool grey/black marble. I had a really nicely broken it one I used for turnovers, but it got lost a while back. Super stoked.

As far as the Udisc price increase, how lame. I saw the dgpt/jomez is going to start charing $130 a year for no ads. wtf. when did this hippy sport get so gougy.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
watched ledgestone and it was fun as usual. Great event. Then I heard that the VIP tickets were $200+ wtf

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
5 best putters of all time

1. banger gt
2. banger gt
3. banger gt
4. banger gt
5. banger gt

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
yo, like, I call and leave under garbage can and stuff like a community member but I don't hate the finders keepers gang. If the owner gave up and left it, it's abandoned property.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Mcqueen posted:

I have it on good authority that Banger GT is actually the best disc AND putter.

bang gang

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

headcase posted:

I love upper park. can't imagine carrying anything but a shift.

same. I got one ~5 years ago and it's just perfect for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Rotten Cookies posted:

I can throw my Mako3 (and seemingly ONLY my Mako3) pretty drat smooth, straight, flat, and (relatively)far from a standstill. I can not replicate that throw with any other disc, no matter what I try. That thing just feels right.

That's how I was with a comet. Could only really throw it stand still, and couldn't replicate with any other disc. I could throw it 200 feet when everything else was fading out at 100 feet. Then got better with my putter, and started to have 2 discs I could throw straight. Then I started tossing with a heat cause it kinda threw like the comet and seemed to match my arm speed better than most drivers.

I ended up with a 4 disc bag and I like the simplicity. slightly stable putter out to ~175 feet. neutral/flippy mid ranged out to ~250 feet. neuatrual/flippy 8-10 driver for ~285-300 feet. Then an overstable disk for when that's needed (I like 6-7ish with not much glide, currently an mvp resistor)