Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blurb3947
Sep 30, 2022
I think a Udisc account is always a good one. Or maybe a mystery box of they haven't landed on a specific manufacturer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurb3947
Sep 30, 2022
What are people's favorite shots/putts of the year? Mine is from a resurgent Scott Stokely throwing one of the sickest sidearms through a tight gap to seal him winning a big money skins match versus 3 very good young players. He ended up donating all of his skins from that match, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew1r94urWrI

Edit: I just love the emotion he shows through all of it. The dude knows his days are limited with competing, so for him to show up and deliver the season he's had along with a highlight reel performance like this, after nearly 20 years since his last major touring stint, is incredible.

Blurb3947 fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Dec 8, 2022

Blurb3947
Sep 30, 2022
Franklin would be hilarious. I threw one of their drivers a few years ago and it was the most under stable thing I've ever thrown. Like, past roller angles.

Blurb3947
Sep 30, 2022
I've got some friends who swear by MVP and now having another huge pro with them makes me even more compelled to try their discs. I've got the Hex which I like a lot.

Blurb3947
Sep 30, 2022
I've found my stride with the Pure for regular putts, an aviar3 for jumpers, headwinds and approaches. Absolutely love how the Aviar3 glides.

Blurb3947
Sep 30, 2022
I got one for a friend but I think I'll regret not getting one later one if they balloon in value. I did get his last discmania disc though.

Blurb3947
Sep 30, 2022
Discgolfscene is going to list a majority of events, sanctioned or not. Smaller ones may just have a Facebook event and you PayPal the TD. Many of the smaller tournaments don't even require preregistration.

Udisc all depends on adoption, like everything else. I'm seeing a lot more leagues show up in the last year on it which is great. I did Udisc when I scored for an MPO round at a Major. I've also done the PDGA webapp. And then of course just plain ol paper.

Blurb3947
Sep 30, 2022
Bought myself a replacement Heat yesterday and then I threw it into a lake on my 2nd throw with it.

Blurb3947
Sep 30, 2022
The Preserve one let you follow any card but had volunteers rope off the top cards if you're following. I followed for a few holes before moving ahead to see drives landed and get front looks of putts. This was 2021 so it was probably a much smaller crowd but I never felt like sightlines were blocked.

The course probably dictates crowd flow more than anything and with the Preserve being such an open course they were much more lax on where spectators were. The only place they had roped off was 18's green and player only areas.

Also have to recommend volunteering to do Udisc score keeping. You get into the event for free, walk and watch with some great players, and some free swag. The card was a lower seeded one with each player knowing they weren't making cash so they were all shooting the poo poo with each other and myself.

Blurb3947
Sep 30, 2022
I left my 2016 Ace Race disc outside over a few years and ended up bagging it recently because it remarkably still flies well, needed an understable midranger. Can put that thing on a steep hyzer out of the hand and it will still turn over but reliably come back given enough air.

Blurb3947
Sep 30, 2022

NFX posted:

Yeah basically. The argument is that they don't want to fight any more lawsuits, to which the obvious answer is "then let her play".

I think the DGPT went this route so FPO players opposing this don't end up boycotting. Not sure how many would actually do it but there were plenty standing for "fairness" at the Preserve press conference.

Blurb3947
Sep 30, 2022
I believe the tier affects both points and the amount of cash in the prize pool, payouts also determined by added cash and amount of players. A and below will also split prizes with the Am pool.

With that you'll rarely get touring pros at them unless it's an off week and they are in the area hosting the tournament.

Blurb3947
Sep 30, 2022

NFX posted:

It's more luck than skill, but getting a throw into the basket from outside circle 2 feels so good.

I feel like my jump putts from outside C2 are more accurate than my actual C2 putts.

There was one I had a few weeks ago (to save bogey) where I had to put it about 15ft up and around a thick pine tree. Don't have too many of those but drat do they feel good.

Blurb3947
Sep 30, 2022

SirPablo posted:

I'm in the process of moving to Minneapolis and am excited to try the courses there. I've been playing for about eight months now. A friend showed me the preserve which is an hour northwest, which terrified me. Any TC area goons want to play in the next couple weeks, hit me up!

I think Minnesota has some of the best courses in the country, helps when you have a touring veteran really putting money into the local stuff. Leiviska helped with a bunch of courses up north in the Iron Range area too that are definitely worth a weekend trip up to.

Also if you have the time and want a warmup before the Preserve, Monticello has a great course that went up a few years ago.

Duluth has some great courses north of the TC too if you ever visit that part of the state.

Blurb3947
Sep 30, 2022
Udisc raised their prices to $30/yr. Not sure how I feel about it. If I hadn't met the devs and understood how hard they've worked to push Udisc to be a mainstay of disc golf I probably would just walk at that price.

Also bought two F2 Innova discs recently to find a super understable fairway driver. Sidewinder and Roadrunner. Was excited to toss them only to find out that they are more overstable than my Firebirds. I've never had new discs be so far off of how they should fly, but they were $9 each for champ and star plastic...

Blurb3947
Sep 30, 2022
I saw a picture on Reddit that one of the VIP tents was empty and they just had some snacks. Not sure what you get with the pass but it seemed kinda cheap according to the post.

Blurb3947
Sep 30, 2022

calandryll posted:

Omg a pizza cat. Tempted to snag one for a putter.

Played my best round today. Been using a mix of forehand and backhand and it has definitely improved my game. Actually, had a few long putts that I put right now. Feels good man.

Nice! I threw my absolute worst round at my regular course today. Had 4 spit outs and hit first available on like 5 holes. I'll blame it on sleep deprivation or something.

Blurb3947
Sep 30, 2022
Got myself a Friction Glove last year and it makes throwing surprisingly great in cold conditions. Was skeptical but it took no time to get throws and putts down with minimal change to form or grip.

Blurb3947
Sep 30, 2022

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

If you simply throw the disc in the basket, it’s very easy to find!

Literally the last place I'd look with the way my game has been. Although I did skim a drive right off the top but that would have been a cubby.

Blurb3947
Sep 30, 2022
Slow is smooth and smooth is far

Blurb3947
Sep 30, 2022
Finally hit 400ft, but can only seem to do it with a Scorch. Also not sure how I’ve been able to get to it as I couldn’t break 360ft for the longest time. My form doesn’t seem that much different but perhaps my timing was better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurb3947
Sep 30, 2022
Kristin Tattar just hit 1000 rating. Wonder if that’s gonna be the new norm in 5 years for FPO. Love to see it.