Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
I started playing during COVID because it was outside and able to hang out with friends. Hadn't played in awhile and picked it up again after a friend suggested to do a trilogy. Had a ton of fun and since the weather has been pretty nice, been playing the last few weeks. I'm primarily a forehand thrower, what numbers should I look for on discs?

I'll also pimp out my friend's app Disconnector, another way of letting people know you lost a disc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
My main go to right now for distance is a Ballista from Latitude 64. I'll have to dig into my bag but one of the ones I got from the trilogy was war something (Matty-O) that has been working well for me.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

NickRoweFillea posted:

If you want some flat discs to forehand, try some of Axiom/MVP’s lineup. I can’t forehand for poo poo but my buddy who was a former baseball player swears by his Prism Insanity.

I got the Neutron Insanity, I guess the names means different plastics? Anyway, first throw for me put me about 10 feet from the basket. The Ballista throws further for me but the Insanity is going to be my primary go to I think. Might have to try some of their other discs.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

Mcqueen posted:

This thread is probably tired of me pumping the Virus but you should grab a light one in Proton plastic and give it a rip.

And I snagged one. Stupid tropical storm is creating crappy weather so won't be able to play for another week or so.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

NickRoweFillea posted:

I played in the trilogy challenge in Memphis today. Shot six over. It was my first ever tournament and I had a great time. I put the warship and the pure to good use but I didn’t have much need for the vandal that they gave us. The course we played in was mostly woods and required some tight shots. I highly recommend playing one of those “challenge” type tournaments if you want to have a fun experience!

I really like the pure. We played some today and were testing out throws. I ended up throwing the pure backhand about 180 feet. Still really liking the insanity. Got the virus in this afternoon and will try to get out and throw it tomorrow.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
A friend has a Squatch. He really likes it, has two cooler insert for beers, etc. I was thinking about snagging one but the cost is a bit high for my causal playing.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
A friend has a lasercat disc that I love. More companies need to make stuff like that. I'd love a happy cat one.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

Bandire posted:

Trilogy (Lat64, Dynamic, Westside) has a bunch of discs on which they will do a custom printed stamp for you. We have a group of 15 or so people at work that play together pretty regularly, so we had a big batch of Vandals made up with a company logo for not very much money. They did have a significant amount of flashing I had to sand off but otherwise came out really well. They come in the midrange Gold/Fuzion/Tournament plastic.

Starts at $25 for one disc. They also have a bunch of goofy random pre-made stamps.

https://www.dynamicdiscs.com/collections/custom-disc-golf-discs

Omg a pizza cat. Tempted to snag one for a putter.

Played my best round today. Been using a mix of forehand and backhand and it has definitely improved my game. Actually, had a few long putts that I put right now. Feels good man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
Went out yesterday and took our 5 year daughter. She carried my marker and would throw it down near the basket to take her turn. She really enjoyed it, it was hard for me to show her how to throw because she's a lefty. This morning she made me a picture of us playing together. :3: