Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sound_man
Aug 25, 2004
Rocking to the 80s
There was a pretty big tournament that tied up five of the nicer local courses last weekend so I looked for a place a little off the beaten path to play. I found a pretty new short course that was par 52 course with only a couple holes over 200' feet.

Not only is it super close to my house but I haven't smiled so much playing disc golf in a long time. There are 2 par 2 holes that can really punish your scorecard if you don't play them safely but the rest of the course is just fun. A few mid range discs and some putters is all you need. There are enough tress to keep things interesting and I can't wait to get back to the longer course to see how much better my upshots will be. I can do all 18 in 30 minutes so I play it twice most days and have really started to dial in my form and understand how the discs in my bag fly.

Other than the weekend the course has been empty and I think it is possible to create a nice 9 hole course by teeing off to different baskets.

TLDR- field work sucks, find a short course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sound_man
Aug 25, 2004
Rocking to the 80s

net work error posted:

Putting your number on your discs was a pro tip.

I've found maybe 6 discs this fall (I spend ALOT of time in the rough) The two with numbers got returned, the four blank ones got added to my bag. It only takes a secound to mark your poo poo...

Sound_man
Aug 25, 2004
Rocking to the 80s
After a few days of unplayable weather I got back on the driving range and course today. It was a bit chilly (like 55ish) but the sun was out.

The next town over has a mini disc golf course and a disc golf driving range that share a parking lot. The driving range has two tee pads and is mostly flat with distance signs out to 650 feet. This is my secound day of really trying to work on my drives. The first time I had 20 discs out, some stuff that was way too fast for me. This time I focused on ten discs between a speed of 5 and 7 to try and work on my form. I seem to be stuck at 200. I'm pretty happy with the grouping but not much got further than 225'. I'm trying to follow Page Peirce and Dan Beto's guide but I'm having a hell of a time getting everything to time out correctly.

I did get my first ace on Thanksgiving day, it was on a 133' hole but it was still awesome. I had hit chains and rimmed out on a few other holes at that course so it felt good to land one.

Sound_man
Aug 25, 2004
Rocking to the 80s

Rotten Cookies posted:

5) Play more courses. That means making a weekend trip of it with friends since there's only one course within 1½ hours of me.

That is gross, where do you live?

I'm thankful I live in an area with enough courses that if the parking lot is full I can be at another course within 20 minutes.