Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

trinitron crt op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

why is that not good

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

those dont look like ipad displays

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

3:2 is the greatest aspect ratio ever conceived

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i have a high-end color calibrated dell 4k (for coding, natch) and its great except for the unimpressive refresh rate specs

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i game

at 4k

at 30 hz

with

a gtx 760 driving it

i can carefully inspect each frame, before the next frame arrives, and because i am accustomed to this, i am fine with it, and do not long for more, faster frames

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

I had a dream that I pre-ordered a rtx 3080 on steam and it was going to be delivered in June of next year and cost 1200 dollars

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

my last Panasonic plasma sold new is still kicking just fine and has not been substantially surpassed by anything in the intervening seven years except in terms of mass and probably power consumption

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

rotor posted:

GX560 for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

did we find any good monitors itc? I would like a new monitor for gamering but would prefer a monitor that does not look like a monitor for gamering