Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Craptacular posted:

My solution was to get two USB keys, put my backups and a copy of my KeePass file on both, and encrypt them. I keep one USB key with one of my relatives, but not the decryption key. Before I visit them, I update the backups on the key that I have, then when I get there, I swap USB keys to ensure the backups are relatively recent. This also gives me an offsite backup for my data. The decryption key is written on a piece of paper in my safe deposit box, which only I have access to. If I die, then they can have the box drilled and get the decryption key. I told them this ahead of time, so that they'd know what to do.

This is pretty much what I settled on. Trying to do it fully electronic or automated is a lot of complexity and reliance on service providers of dubious reliability and longevity (we joke about the Google Graveyard for a reason).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU