Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
So I first heard about this because my witchy friends were pissed off about it, and I completely adore how literally nobody seems to know what the end goal of hexing the moon is.

Like, the people who think this is real and important are bewildered because... What even the gently caress, why are people hexing the moon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

What's the difference between a hex and a curse anyway?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Hattie Masters posted:

So I first heard about this because my witchy friends were pissed off about it, and I completely adore how literally nobody seems to know what the end goal of hexing the moon is.

Like, the people who think this is real and important are bewildered because... What even the gently caress, why are people hexing the moon

The answer is probably basically 'it's 2020' for all intents and purposes and I cannot blame them

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
if these witches were serious theyd put an aura piercing hex on a silver bullet and shoot the moon

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
if you could magic, what would you do? I know I certainly wouldn't hex the moon (pbuh). I'd probably cast a spell that zonked out my anxiety or gave me a lot of money

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
*checks the handout*
Umm, excuse me, is this right? Hex the moon? It is? Oh I'm very sorry. I thought this was a Thelema chapter and we were going to have sex with the moon goddess. I'll see my self out.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

if you could magic, what would you do? I know I certainly wouldn't hex the moon (pbuh). I'd probably cast a spell that zonked out my anxiety or gave me a lot of money

id enlarge my butthole. not for sex stuff, but so my poop could easily slide out and i could save 5 minutes a day

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Robo Reagan posted:

if these witches were serious theyd put an aura piercing hex on a silver bullet and shoot the moon

and we're back to bayonetta

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
You can’t hex the moon but you can kick its rear end

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

if you could magic, what would you do?

Honestly just get myself a lot of money.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Hattie Masters posted:

Some people just want to see the moon burn.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

I'd cast magic missile :smugwizard:

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

I've given this a lot of thought and I wouldn't do anything big. 'I can do magic' doesn't mean 'I am the only person in the world who can do magic'. Fame and fortune would draw the eye of more experienced and powerful magic people.

So I would just focus on self-improvement and personal health (read: looking really, really hot).

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There’s no cows on the mooooooooon.. or are there? :thunk:

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

Elentor posted:

Honestly just get myself a lot of money.

you need some necropants

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

I've given this a lot of thought and I wouldn't do anything big. 'I can do magic' doesn't mean 'I am the only person in the world who can do magic'. Fame and fortune would draw the eye of more experienced and powerful magic people.

So I would just focus on self-improvement and personal health (read: looking really, really hot).

I've given this some more thought, and I think this means I just lack ambition.

The moon-hexing witches didn't let this kind of logic slow them down and accomplished so much already.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

I've given this some more thought, and I think this means I just lack ambition.

The moon-hexing witches didn't let this kind of logic slow them down and accomplished so much already.

well-behaved witches seldom make history

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

curse my neighbors garden and lawn to always be wilting and brown and all cats/dogs will poop there too, gently caress you richard and your perennials >:[

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012

christmas boots posted:

I don’t know if it’s been covered in this thread but I believe hexing the moon to be a fool’s errand

imagine thinking you could wage a psychic attack against David Lynch smh

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

I looked into magic after that episode of midnight gospel with Damien Echols and it’s basically just positive thinking and meditation

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Coins... Are stored in the balls? Wow that's far out

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Mild necro just to point out that a quick examination of the most powerful people in the world demonstrates that caring exclusively about yourself at the expense of others (or, temporarily, doing everything in your power to enable those people to live lives of ultimate selfishness) is ultimately the only magic that works

I do not mean to specifically ridicule people who believe they have magical fey powers, as again everyone who believes in absolutely anything is equally insane

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
the moon isn't real OP

DrOnline
Oct 21, 2007
Finally. Moon had it coming.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

People who don't believe in anything not backed by "concrete facts" are bores and not really human if you think about it.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Actually concrete facts are really interesting. For example did you know that ancient people added volcanic ash which allowed the mix to set underwater?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Little known fact: cumcrete does not exist. Do not even search for it. Abandon it at once.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Colonel Cancer posted:

Little known fact: cumcrete does not exist. Do not even search for it. Abandon it at once.

this guy is hiding something and i will not be fooled

*cue montage of intense cumcrete investigation in libraries, laboratories, ancient monasteries, etc.*

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Somewhere in this Twitter thread is the single post I am going to use to help raise my children as atheists

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

christmas boots posted:

Actually concrete facts are really interesting. For example did you know that ancient people added volcanic ash which allowed the mix to set underwater?

used tires are fuel in clinker kilns because they burn at such a high heat for long periods of time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
So has Apollo sent the evil sun from Mario 3 after anyone yet?