Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hey guys, just checking back in. I've almost recovered from covid but my parents are still in bad shape. My dad has double pneumonia and his oxygen saturation is really bad. He's on oxygen and trying to keep stable. My mom is in much worse condition. She almost completely had kicked the covid symptoms but had a bad episode of afib and had to go to the hospital. The ambulance took her to a hospital which is, let's say, not one we would have chosen. Well in the hospital they gave her some medicine and released her. The medicine they gave her ended up being a powerful blood thinner and she had a severe nosebleed that bled for over 24 hours losing a lot of blood. She went back to the good hospital about three hours into the nosebleed and it was the next day before they could get it stopped. She's been home one week from that and is recovering very slowly. She can't walk on her own and her focus and alertness is not great. We're seeing daily improvement but it's been long and rough. I've been staying with them since we all got covid and now I've moved a mattress into her room on the floor and have been staying with her 24/7 for the last week. It's been very rough but I'm hopeful we're on the way to normality. I'll be in around as time allows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I am glad you are doing better and I hope both of your parents can pull through this.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
My dad was having heart failure symptoms in November (thankfully, I came home on that day) and we drove him to the "good" hospital instead of calling 911 and he still had to spend like 6 hours sitting in the waiting room before a bed opened up. poo poo's even more hosed now. TL:DR; it sucks, I'm sorry.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

X-O posted:

Hey guys, just checking back in. I've almost recovered from covid but my parents are still in bad shape. My dad has double pneumonia and his oxygen saturation is really bad. He's on oxygen and trying to keep stable. My mom is in much worse condition. She almost completely had kicked the covid symptoms but had a bad episode of afib and had to go to the hospital. The ambulance took her to a hospital which is, let's say, not one we would have chosen. Well in the hospital they gave her some medicine and released her. The medicine they gave her ended up being a powerful blood thinner and she had a severe nosebleed that bled for over 24 hours losing a lot of blood. She went back to the good hospital about three hours into the nosebleed and it was the next day before they could get it stopped. She's been home one week from that and is recovering very slowly. She can't walk on her own and her focus and alertness is not great. We're seeing daily improvement but it's been long and rough. I've been staying with them since we all got covid and now I've moved a mattress into her room on the floor and have been staying with her 24/7 for the last week. It's been very rough but I'm hopeful we're on the way to normality. I'll be in around as time allows.

I'm glad things are heading in a positive direction for you, and I hope your parents recover. You have been in my thoughts these past weeks. If you need anything from us don't hesitate to ask, now is the time to come together. Not literally mind you.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
X-O: sounds brutal and I can't really think of anything to make it better. Gonna wish you, as well as all other goons and their family and friends a new year that will be a better year.
Times are challenging and tough but I like to think this small need community is tight enough and I'm sure all goons here or hoping for the best for everyone else here.
I'm sure someone else can think of inspiring panels and such but for whatever you, and others, are going through I hope there is one comic, story, character, creator that you can turn to to bring you some kind of hope for tomorrow

Happy new years goons.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Good job, everyone, you did it.

Cluster up now and strike victory poses, we need a shot for the last panel of the TPB.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

CapnAndy posted:

Cluster up now and strike victory poses, we need a shot for the last panel of the TPB.
*walks away while everyone rejoices*

Hrerngghhhh " Some jobs don't stay done until they're done" *chomps cigar gloomishly*

Also can winterchat be BSS Winter 2021: The Chatthread Who Laughs

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Time for a Winter 2021 thread IMO

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

FilthyImp posted:

*walks away while everyone rejoices*

Hrerngghhhh " Some jobs don't stay done until they're done" *chomps cigar gloomishly*

Also can winterchat be BSS Winter 2021: The Chatthread Who Laughs

Endless chat thread.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Endless chat thread.

Infinite Chats on Infinite Earths.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/KrakoaWelcomes/status/1344913633025921026?s=20

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

CapnAndy posted:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

[Cut away panel of sinister cloaked figure saying, "They think it's over but it's never over. Initiate 2021."]

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Ended up jumping over to the Threeboot Legion and it started strong, started dipping badly once Supergirl showed up, nose dived hard once the Dominator War arc hit, had a really bad resolution to Supergirl's time in the Legion(including making her being part of the book at all pointless on her end), and now that the book is back to it's original title it's just become an absolute lovely slog to read

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

X-O posted:

I just saw this and I'm so sorry. I know how gut-wrenching and hard having to care full-time for a sick parent is. I think one of the most difficult things about getting older is seeing the people you used to depend on for everything become vulnerable and fragile themselves, and having to shift into being the person they rely on. It's devastating to see people who were once your rock as, ultimately, as fragile, precarious, and as dependent on mutual tenderness and care as anyone else. I also think it's one of the purest acts of love in the world, though, as hard as it is. Your parents are really, really lucky to have you.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Legion read-through update: goddamnit, we had a reboot. I don't need another a fifth story about how the Time Trapper loving with things is why Legion continuity doesn't make sense. Things are fine now. I know that this is their 40th anniversary story (holy gently caress, I've read 40 years of Legion comics?!), but they could have gone with anything other than the same story they've done multiple times.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm struggling to remember, did they ever reveal who the post ZH Time Trapper was before Lo3W?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Rhyno posted:

I'm struggling to remember, did they ever reveal who the post ZH Time Trapper was before Lo3W?

You got me on that one. I'm in uncharted waters for myself between this point (mid-98) and Threeboot (2005). The Trapper referenced a bunch of old continuity, of course, including that he was a Legionnaire (but not mentioning Cosmic Boy by name). He does have mysterious plans, though.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

X-O posted:

I hate to get political in a comic book fun times thread but in the political world I've seen a lot of really bad poo poo in my lifetime but especially so in the last four years. But what I just watched on TV made me more sad than anything I can remember. Not mad. Lots of things over the last four years have made me mad. But this just made me sad. Like I feel like I just watched a part of my country die on TV and it really hurts.

Well this got one upped pretty quickly.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

X-O posted:

I'm already sighing waiting for the what-about-ism by the right trying to compare this to BLM protests.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

X-O posted:

I can't even remember what was happening when you posted that. Trump's Georgia rally?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

I can't even remember what was happening when you posted that. Trump's Georgia rally?

Trump's dumbfuck supporters literally storming the capitol building.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Gaz-L posted:

I'm already sighing waiting for the what-about-ism by the right trying to compare this to BLM protests.

The libs are doing this lmao

The right is oscillating between "hell yeah! TRUMP!", "IT IS ANTIFA ACTUALLY!", and "please stop and be good people. Don't you realize this is all kayfabe?"

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The Capitol Building has been seized by men who took the song No Scrubs by TLC as a personal insult.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Trump's dumbfuck supporters literally storming the capitol building.

I meant the post he was quoting from yesterday.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

I meant the post he was quoting from yesterday.

It was from November, so the election itself.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

It was from November, so the election itself.

Oh, gently caress, somehow I parsed Nov 5 as Jan 5.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Oh, gently caress, somehow I parsed Nov 5 as Jan 5.

What is time?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Skwirl posted:

When that piece of poo poo went on TV on election night and started this 'rigged' bullshit.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

This is a really scary and lovely day. In the two years since I publicly transitioned I've been the target of more than one violent hate crime and the main thing I've learned is that the impulses that drive people to attack and vent their impotent rage on people different from them are not very interesting. They aren't subtle, they don't have any nuance. When some guy is whaling on you for being trans outside you are going to see the same body language, the same facial expressions that you're going to see if you're a gay couple being harrassed on the street or a black kid being followed around by security guards at Rite Aid or a Sikh getting hollared at by some dumbshit for wearing a head-covering. It's the same everywhere and I saw that same narrow, narrow, banal band of faces on every single bobbing, gloating head in today's coverage. People who can't think of a better way to articulate feeling bad than to hurt whoever they feel allowed to hurt, and then afterwards grinning sickly like they've just jizzed into their favorite sock. Like causing pain and causing terror and making another human feel less human is an adequate substitute for love and beauty and self-awareness. The least imaginative, the least hopeful possible way of interfacing with a world that could be, and should be, and often is so beautiful that you could be and should be physically overwhelmed by it. They have black hole hearts and I know I should try to feel pity and compassion for them but I don't today. Just fear pretty much.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

How Wonderful! posted:

This is a really scary and lovely day.
It's really mind boggling.

I have the luxury of just watching this agape. Hoping you stay safe since this has emboldened a bunch of MAGA Chuds in other states.

All I can offer is e-support and :sympathy:

//no so far removed I guess. Just got a call to pick the kids up from daycare as a precaution. Whee! Stay safe, goons.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jan 6, 2021

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I live about 8 blocks from the Capitol. We've brought in everything from outside, and closed all our shutters. It's a little scary, but so far the worst we've seen is a few Trump shirts walking away from the Capitol and a LOOOOOOOT of cop cars heading towards it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A shame they didn't have the cops out in force to begin with.

But then, these were 100% white people so the cops don't give a poo poo.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

A shame they didn't have the cops out in force to begin with.

But then, these were 100% white people so the cops don't give a poo poo.

They literally opened the barricades for them.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Anyone with a drop of melanin in their skin would have been lying dead from 20 gunshot wounds 500 feet from the Capitol steps. Instead there's video of the cops literally standing aside and letting the traitors in and taking selfies with them.

The last four years were bad but hey, what do you know, there were new lows left for them to delve.

A loving confederate flag in the loving Senate, I'm so god damned angry.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

They literally opened the barricades for them.

I've seen the videos. It's disgusting. The National Guard is there now. I wonder if anyone is stupid enough to try again.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
I picked a strange week to start reading It Can't Happen Here.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I've seen the videos. It's disgusting. The National Guard is there now. I wonder if anyone is stupid enough to try again.

They're getting their poo poo kicked in by the cops because they made them sad.

As for the video, I'm not entirely sure it's what it seems. You can see some terrorists already past the barrier, and it's possible the cops were pulling back their line. I definitely do not blame anyone for believing they let them through, because they probably did, and there's plenty of other videos of cops being friendly towards terrorists.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

They're getting their poo poo kicked in by the cops because they made them sad.

As for the video, I'm not entirely sure it's what it seems. You can see some terrorists already past the barrier, and it's possible the cops were pulling back their line. I definitely do not blame anyone for believing they let them through, because they probably did, and there's plenty of other videos of cops being friendly towards terrorists.

There's at least two videos where the cops drag the barriers away.

And there's about 17 videos where these "patriots" rip down the US flag and replace it with a Trump flag so I very much look forward to the FBI curb stomping those guys later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

There's at least two videos where the cops drag the barriers away.

And there's about 17 videos where these "patriots" rip down the US flag and replace it with a Trump flag so I very much look forward to the FBI curb stomping those guys later.

I've only seen the one of the former and none of the latter (but was aware it happened).