Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

I've only seen the one of the former and none of the latter (but was aware it happened).

It's different angles of the same two flag ripping incidents but it leaves no room for the Trumpets to defend it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Rhyno posted:

There's at least two videos where the cops drag the barriers away.

And there's about 17 videos where these "patriots" rip down the US flag and replace it with a Trump flag so I very much look forward to the FBI curb stomping those guys later.
You really believe a single one of these traitors will face prosecution? Honestly, I'm impressed at your remaining faith in the system.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think the idiot civilians will. Congress called them domestic terrorists on camera. They won't let this go.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

CapnAndy posted:

You really believe a single one of these traitors will face prosecution? Honestly, I'm impressed at your remaining faith in the system.

FBI vs white supremacist militias is a classic match up. Remember the 90s? They're coming back, baby.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Also these idiots made it so easy, they posted all the selfies breaking the law. It's like they wanted to be caught.

Those goons in full tac gear and the zip cuffs, those guys will be pursued.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
It’s going to be staggering how quickly they will try to let this go, it’ll be the same Lucy with a football poo poo we’ve seen over and over.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I'll be glad to be proven wrong but I don't think a single one of those motherfuckers will see a minute in court, let alone jail.

There is an out-group whom the law binds but does not protect, and an in-group whom the law protects but does not bind, and we all know which one they are.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

CapnAndy posted:

I'll be glad to be proven wrong but I don't think a single one of those motherfuckers will see a minute in court, let alone jail.

There is an out-group whom the law binds but does not protect, and an in-group whom the law protects but does not bind, and we all know which one they are.

I think posting yourself in Nancy Pelosi's office and stealing her stuff might get the police on you. Let's just say the police might protect the privilege but if someone more privileged then them is targetted the police will definitely be on the side of the bigger fish.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Been glued to Twitter news all day. Hope anyone here in dc or any of the other cities having fash riots are okay. Hope all these fuckers are guillotined

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I've said it elsewhere, I guess I can say it here: BSS is one of the kindest online communities and I'm grateful for that and for personally not going down the road of the chuds when I was young.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Uthor posted:

I've said it elsewhere, I guess I can say it here: BSS is one of the kindest online communities and I'm grateful for that and for personally not going down the road of the chuds when I was young.

It's amazing that so many of the small communities here are so great considering how lovely this forum was in the early days.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Rhyno posted:

It's amazing that so many of the small communities here are so great considering how lovely this forum was in the early days.

Can't remember who said it, but SA had been the home to the best people and worst people on the Internet!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Uthor posted:

Can't remember who said it, but SA had been the home to the best people and worst people on the Internet!

I've called us the hipsters of the Internet. Either way, we're a pack of weirdos.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Putting a monetary cost on being a lovely poster means the shitlords, once exposed, tend not to come back. Nobody ever learns poo poo unless you hit 'em in the wallet.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Well, the night was uneventful by me. There's definitely some great videos of chuds getting beaten down by official chuds.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

CapnAndy posted:

Normally I would agree, but what you're forgetting is that members of Congress is the ultimate in-group. They were forced to flee from a mob, Congresspeople don't like fleeing from mobs. The FBI or DoJ or whoever is going to have to take some scalps just to mollify the members of Congress who pooped themselves when they had to run away. That guy who stole the podium, or the guy who took a picture of Nancy Pelosi's emails, somebody is going to do time for this. You can only piss off so many members of Congress before it becomes your problem.

Now, how widespread and serious the prosecutions are, that's going to be interesting. A state's reaction to right wing mobs is typically based on how useful the state thinks those mobs might be. I mentioned the 90s, when the FBI went hard after white supremacist militias. Right wing mobs were of no value to the state at that time. The left had been thoroughly defeated, labor had been completely captured, the biggest vaguely left wing "threats" were the so-called "eco-terrorists" taking videos of slaughterhouses, and the FBI was easily destroying them. So some losers in shacks talking about overthrowing the government were of no use. Whatever, do a Ruby Ridge, who cares.

If, as seems likely, in 2021 we see the left still aimless and unable to come up with a post-Bernie plan, labor utterly destroyed by the spread of Prop 32, and the response to BLM just being "way more cops everywhere and they all have Iron Man suits now but in blue states they have to watch a 15 minute video narrated by Lin Manuel Miranda about intersectionality", then maybe what's the point of using kid gloves on those assholes who trashed the Capitol Building? gently caress them, heads on pikes. Especially if they continue to pull poo poo like that. If they keep storming statehouses and threatening even Republican politicians, they will demonstrate that they are loyal only to Trump and therefore of no use to the rest of the ruling class.

So I think there's good reason to be optimistic about those guys getting prosecuted

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

These are scary times, friends. I wish I could offer words of comfort or some kind of help but I find myself unable to grasp for any positivity.

Rhyno posted:

It's still not great in the bigger subforums tbh.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Lurdiak posted:

These are scary times, friends. I wish I could offer words of comfort or some kind of help but I find myself unable to grasp for any positivity.
Perhaps find solace in the fact that Trump's political career is dead (no way forward for a 2024 bid), that his legacy will forever be "president who fomented treason and sedition", and that threatening congress in such a brazen fashion will place a giant magnifying glass on Q nutters, militias and the Proud Boys.

Gripweed posted:

Normally I would agree, but what you're forgetting is that members of Congress is the ultimate in-group. They were forced to flee from a mob, Congresspeople don't like fleeing from mobs. The FBI or DoJ or whoever is going to have to take some scalps just to mollify the members of Congress who pooped themselves when they had to run away.
They will definitely need to get the very visible idiots (especially the Q Shaman), but there is legitimate and righteous anger that Congressional Police weren't loading ATVs full of arrested domestic terrorists the minute they breached the barriers, and that they allowed the crowd to just mill about after curfew instead of doing the Full Press show of force from the summer BLM protests. As much of a systemic failure of security as it was, it's also a very tangible and visible indictment of white privilege at work in our police forces.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

Perhaps find solace in the fact that Trump's political career is dead (no way forward for a 2024 bid), that his legacy will forever be "president who fomented treason and sedition", and that threatening congress in such a brazen fashion will place a giant magnifying glass on Q nutters, militias and the Proud Boys.

Trump will be rehabilitated by the media in less than a decade and all intelligence agencies will continue to focus solely on muslims and leftist groups. There is no "breaking point" for what is currently happening to America. It will not reverse course once people "wake up", it will only accelerate and worsen unless the people who are actually aware of how bad things are force massive change. Disinformation outlets are already convincing millions of Americans that this was a peaceful protest (unlike those BLM violent riots) that was infiltrated by Antifa.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

So is this when we post that page of Captain America talking to people in the shattered remains of Washington DC in an America that has collapsed into sectarian violence and he's talking about how after the long decades of destruction they can rebuild starting with the US constitution and then one of them goes, "Dude, we know what the constitution is. You've only been gone five years. It's 2022."

I tried to find the page, but it's impossible to google anything on recentish comics, especially ones with movie connections.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

It's from Cap 698, part of Waid and Samnee's placeholder run after Secret Empire.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Huh. I have the page, but imgur ain’t letting me upload just now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DigitalRaven posted:

Huh. I have the page, but imgur ain’t letting me upload just now.

They're servers are getting crushed. There just so much damning Trump poo poo people want to share.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

They're servers are getting crushed. There just so much damning Trump poo poo people want to share.

Yeah, the FBI put out a call for help to ID the insurgents and people are trying to help even it's something the feds could do by basically looking at Twitter. Baked Alaska is not a hard chud to find.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, the FBI put out a call for help to ID the insurgents and people are trying to help even it's something the feds could do by basically looking at Twitter. Baked Alaska is not a hard chud to find.

Tik Tok users have IDd over 100 of them. One of my coworkers says one of the chuds we work with attended and I am 100% gonna narc his rear end out.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Tik Tok users have IDd over 100 of them. One of my coworkers says one of the chuds we work with attended and I am 100% gonna narc his rear end out.
https://tips.fbi.gov/

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dawgstar posted:

https://twitter.com/VICE/status/1347249157048840194?s=20

Cops need help identifying man who's been in hundreds of news reports that give his full name and say he lives in Arizona.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

Cops need help identifying man who's been in hundreds of news reports that give his full name and say he lives in Arizona.

That dude was a semi-professional voice actor and I use the past tense because apparently he's already been blacklisted from anything ever.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Dawgstar posted:

That dude was a semi-professional voice actor and I use the past tense because apparently he's already been blacklisted from anything ever.

I think you've got him confused with Vic Miganaga.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gripweed posted:

No, the "Q Shaman" had a backstage.com account and everything where he claimed he could do over 30 different voices and multiple accents. It's gone now.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
No apparently Jake Angeli the Qanon shaman guy did have a minor voice-acting career although his credits page at backstage is now gone.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gripweed posted:

Vic wishes he was that ripped.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

Vic wishes he was that ripped.

He'd never get a tattoo, either. His mom wouldn't like it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Dawgstar posted:

No, the "Q Shaman" had a backstage.com account and everything where he claimed he could do over 30 different voices and multiple accents. It's gone now.

Was he ever actually in anything?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Steve Lightle died this morning.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

drat, 61 is pretty young.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I met him ages ago, he signed a dozen LOSH books for me. Lovely man, so appreciative of anyone who enjoyed his work.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Are there any half-decent comics YouTubes? The second you give Le Algorithm the hint you like this poo poo and your feed is crammed with manbabies whining that DC are making a single OGN marketed at tween girls (Honestly, that Starfire's kid book may be secret genius in free marketing terms) or that a non-white person dared to write a book.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Strip Panel Naked for in depth looks at the techniques creators use.

https://youtube.com/c/StripPanelNaked

He also has a magazine called Panel X Panel where they do more of the same, plus interviews with creators and have multiple people do a close look at a single issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

Are there any half-decent comics YouTubes? The second you give Le Algorithm the hint you like this poo poo and your feed is crammed with manbabies whining that DC are making a single OGN marketed at tween girls (Honestly, that Starfire's kid book may be secret genius in free marketing terms) or that a non-white person dared to write a book.

I've tried a few and haven't found any I like. Even the ones that aren't by sucky people are just not enjoyable for me to watch. There's a lot of channels that get no attention at all, though, so it wouldn't surprise me if there's something fun out there.