Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Dimetrodon once ruled the Shenandoah Valley!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
A Stegasaurus enters wildly thrashing his tail at the Dimetrodon!

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

that stegosaurus doesn't stand a chance. It's going to get loving obliterated

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I can't be the only one who, looking at a stegosaurus, thought, "That entire thing tastes like pork-chops.", right?

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Mak0rz posted:

that stegosaurus doesn't stand a chance. It's going to get loving obliterated

A second Dimetrodon appears!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
bump because just sat through the whole.video in the op again

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

All that dinosaur poo poo, imagine the smell hahahaha.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Not to detract from Dimetrodon, but this reminded me of a creature whom I cannot recall now.

It, at one point, was 9/10 land dwelling animals on the entire surface of the earth and was like the most innocuous thing and just littered the entire planet due to its general efficiency.
Like if you crawled from the ocean or landed from a UFO, these things were all you were getting. And I CANNOT remember the name of the drat things.

After learning about them and facts like that I kinda thought it was weird they don't teach that since that's a pretty impressive stat

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Dimetrodon is my favorite dinosaur

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Big Beef City posted:

Not to detract from Dimetrodon, but this reminded me of a creature whom I cannot recall now.

It, at one point, was 9/10 land dwelling animals on the entire surface of the earth and was like the most innocuous thing and just littered the entire planet due to its general efficiency.
Like if you crawled from the ocean or landed from a UFO, these things were all you were getting. And I CANNOT remember the name of the drat things.

After learning about them and facts like that I kinda thought it was weird they don't teach that since that's a pretty impressive stat

Tribbles

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

The Bramble posted:

It not a dinosaur but it's ok a lot of ppl don't know that

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The Bramble posted:

what the gently caress

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
actually no you're right it's my favorite dinosaur too

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Big Beef City posted:

Lystrosaurus I think

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Someone posted this in cspam and it made me lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLShByFF6QA

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

Lystrosaurus. And really it's not THAT impressive, they mostly just got lucky that the Permian extinction killed everything that ate them. Sometimes it pays to slip under God's radar I guess

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
:dimetrodon::dimetrodon::dimetrodon:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Lysistratasaurus, most known for refusing to have sex with its husband in a pacifist protest

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

Lysistratasaurus, most known for refusing to have sex with its husband in a pacifist protest

LOL!!!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I used to collect dinosaur stamps when I was a kid and I guess the people who work at the stamp designing factories must all loving hate dimetrodons because they always made them look like goofy idiots

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

this guy is my friend

tractor man
Nov 11, 2021

For your consideration:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

tractor man posted:

For your consideration:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Elder Postsman posted:

Lystrosaurus I think

THAT'S the one, baby!

quote:

Lystrosaurus survived the Permian-Triassic extinction, 252 million years ago. In the Early Triassic, they were by far the most common terrestrial vertebrates, accounting for as many as 95% of the total individuals in some fossil beds

Just look at this bastard.

Wow!!

The entirety of earth's landmass covered by these?!
For 30 million years! Hot DOG

quote:

for a while, 95% of land vertebrates were Lystrosaurus.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Nov 12, 2021

tractor man
Nov 11, 2021

Get that awful rat turd out of this thread

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

hell yeah

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Prophet of Nixon posted:

A second Dimetrodon appears!

This thing looks like it's begging for the sweet release of death.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Dimetrodon, just cruises on
You cannot touch him, Jack

Eat fish and prawn, sunglasses on
Central heat and air, on his back

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Dimetrodons: fake?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

Dimetrodons: fake?

What have those butchers done to that poor Dimetrodon?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

we can rebuild it
stronger
faster
better...

The Six Million Hundred Dollar Synapsid

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
Y'all seen the new Jurassic World movie

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

ante posted:

Y'all seen the new Jurassic World movie

oh weird i just saw this post immediately after asking about them in the movie thread :doh:

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

It has Dimetrodons?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

It does. In their case it's even accurate for them to not be feathered.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

"wheres my money bitch" - dimetrodon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

cacops pls go