Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I wonder if they were REALLY gassy all the time haha you know? Just layin around on sand banks farting all day long. Big ol Dimetrodoots just huge rumblers haha gross but no what did they smell like do you think

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Mar 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

just having an aimless roar on some rocks

they're always shown as being so hostile and pointlessly mad about everything too.

like "I'm the death king of this rock I can't get off haha LOOOL" and the one behind him is like "Chet, NOOOOOooo"

Somebody fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Mar 15, 2021

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Shibawanko posted:

i like how his sail is reflected in the water. nice touch. brings out the sail.

I kinda wish that I had serious skills because if I did... I'd put a bitchen stratocaster in his front claws and the dude on the rocks behind him would have a drum set perched sorta scattered onto the rocks in front of him

e: and despite the instruments, they're singing that 'blinded by the lights' song by "The Weekend" for some reason. idk why, but they are rockin that real hard in my mind

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Leperflesh posted:

can we get three dimetrodons howling at the moon

the moon would have been bigger in the sky back then I think, so a really big moon

don't tell me dimetrodons never howled at the moon though, because you don't loving know

couldn't find it. But,

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Ok, we're on a stealth mission to get some fish or maybe raid a nest, ok?
"Ok."
Alright, I'mma move out behind that bush. Chet, you go behind the rocks. ... Chet! Put your sail down! CHET! What are...what are you doing?! Put that DOWN
"I can't"
What?
"I..I can't my dorsal fin bones are extensions of my ribs and spine they don't flex. It doesn't just puff up and down, it's not a display thing it's-"
God DAMMIT Chet

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Kojidashi The Kaijin Reptilian
3 years ago
mr wandapon back at it again!! 😉

He's back in the mutha fuckin dimetrodiz-ouse with the Permanent Permiant Press remix

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Knormal posted:

Yeah Dimetrodon's pretty cool, but for those of you expressing concerns about it being too angry might I introduce you to the chill synapsid Cotylorhynchus?

please tell me that's all gas inside that

I mean not for my sake or whatever I mean as a joke, like as a joke for other dinosaurs or whatever the gently caress it is please I just want to know if it rips fat rear end

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Toby looks like a straight busta

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

based on that drawing I imagine Toby has a metabolism of a rock. because with a mouth that small compared to that body mass, otherwise he'd have to be eating like a wood chipper if he was an active feller, wouldn't he?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Leperflesh posted:

the head and neck arrangement reminds me of some of those giant tortoises

just the size of the head compared to the body and legs, and how there's that big area under the neck
but the Cotylorhynchus has an even shorter neck and also no shell obviously

oh I didn't see the resemblance before you pointed this out thank you

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You ever think dimetrodon just really wailed out on a blues saxophone or rhythm guitar? I mean just really beat that pussy up w/it?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Dimetrodons were actually known to play both to some of the more obscure mostly acoustic Dire Straights tracks I'm sorry you weren't aware of that

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

just a perfect, pre, proto dino...I just can't stop clapping

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

gently caress yea

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I was an adult before I learned about those things, and that stunned me given the fact you mentioned.
If it was on land, for millions of years, it was that thing. Period. On the entire planet. And no one ever mentions them even in passing in pop archeology stuff you learn growing up

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm an ametrodon.
As in "EY! I'M ROARIN HEYA"

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Full Metal Jackass posted:

This is the kind of piece that hangs proudly behind the master bed.

Uhhhh...OVER it, you mean?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It's STILL dinosaur time, you hosed up bitches

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Aardvark! posted:

its synapsid time you stupid bitch :dimetrodon:

maybe you wouldn't have to frill your proto heat regulators at me if you just chilled out a little? Hmm? Hows that sound?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I can't be the only one who, looking at a stegosaurus, thought, "That entire thing tastes like pork-chops.", right?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Not to detract from Dimetrodon, but this reminded me of a creature whom I cannot recall now.

It, at one point, was 9/10 land dwelling animals on the entire surface of the earth and was like the most innocuous thing and just littered the entire planet due to its general efficiency.
Like if you crawled from the ocean or landed from a UFO, these things were all you were getting. And I CANNOT remember the name of the drat things.

After learning about them and facts like that I kinda thought it was weird they don't teach that since that's a pretty impressive stat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Elder Postsman posted:

Lystrosaurus I think

THAT'S the one, baby!

quote:

Lystrosaurus survived the Permian-Triassic extinction, 252 million years ago. In the Early Triassic, they were by far the most common terrestrial vertebrates, accounting for as many as 95% of the total individuals in some fossil beds

Just look at this bastard.

Wow!!

The entirety of earth's landmass covered by these?!
For 30 million years! Hot DOG

quote:

for a while, 95% of land vertebrates were Lystrosaurus.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Nov 12, 2021