Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

big fan of this thread op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

also dinosaurs

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Mar 15, 2021

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

sailbros.gif

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Mar 15, 2021

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

just having an aimless roar on some rocks

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i would paint chet and his lesser, more distant dimetrodon friend, on the side of my van

unfortunately that would involve painting over the dimetrodon that is already there, so

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

dude hes roaring to get some dimetrodon punani cmon

no he is roaring for the sheer deviltry of it

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Knormal posted:

Oh my god, thank you for this amazing tribute to my favorite synapsid.

incorrect. your favourite synapsid is dimetrodon

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

GenericOverusedName posted:

You're my favorite synapsid, OP.

incorrect. your favourite synapsid is dimetrodon

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Not even a real dinosaur. Voted 1

do you vote all threads that aren't about dinosaurs a 1

because i can respect that

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol

e: same energy

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

crabmetrodon...

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Dear Watson posted:

Don’t worry. They will be there to meet you at the rainbow bridge when you die. You can hug each and every one of them

and in return, they will roar aimlessly at you

e: or possibly not at you

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i don't think a dimetrodon would be in favour of your crying. probably because it would interpret the noise as some sort of attempted roar, and would have to roar back, in turn

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

insanely salacious dimetrodon

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

planning the next roar - and it's gonna be a good one

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

e: strongly suggest giving etsy a browse for dimetrodons

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/197165611/wine-o-saur-wooden-dinosaur-wine-rack

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

so, like, how do you search the archives, because if archives are included in the standard search tool then this person is the first person to mention dimetrodon on the forums, back in 2013

Kilersquirrel posted:

What area of DFW are you in? Most any route down to Glen Rose has a ton of country highways and roads with nice curves and dips, plus it's real pretty. If you don't mind slabbing it for a while, just taking 20 west into the Estacado tablelands is ha-mazingly pretty, especially now with rain(!!111 Dear god I hope we get an Indian summer this year) falling somewhat consistently and all the wildflowers blooming furiously. There's a crapload of little winding roads anywhere in farm country between Weatherford and Abilene too.

The elevation change from the high prairie where we're at and the Estacado in and of itself is worth riding for, whatever civil engineer designed 20's route must have been a motorcyclist or a big roller coaster fan. It's even fun to drive in my auto Ranger, the canting is perfect.

If you're thinking about heading north to OK and are a paleontology fan at all the Redbeds between TX and OK are chock full of some of the oldest vertebrate fossils in the world. If you can find a place that lets you access some of them, Dimetrodon and other proto-mammal synapsid teeth are supposed to be a dime a dozen in many areas. (It was the balmy southern coast of the North American continent until erosion from the now-plains areas and ancient mountain ranges in Canada started forming humongous mud/oyster flats, i.e. Texas)

You can use the elevation change graph on Google Maps' Distance Measurement tool to see what kind of ride a certain route is, too.

fake edit: I did not know about the hearing loss thing, time to get fitted for earplugs.

you will note they correctly identify dimetrodon as a proto-mammal synapsid

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hell yeah :dimetrodon:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Lysistratasaurus, most known for refusing to have sex with its husband in a pacifist protest

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

who up metro-ing they don

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

This is disappointing but I'm glad we have someone around still who is old enough to recall what the synapsids sounded like.

lol

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Tree Bucket posted:

D I M E T R O D O N

extremely salacious synapsid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i mean, there aren't any soviets anymore. just saying.