Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

1-year-old girl mauled to death moments after being set down in garden

Pitbull catches little girl enjoying life, decides to end her

rear end in a top hat pittbull kills little dog

Only breed of dog with no loyalty murders owner during a peaceful walk

Nature's babysitter takes on a toddler

Child makes mistake of stepping outside; gets mauled. Guess the breed!

Pitbull breaks into neighbor's house, eats her cat

Serial killer pitbulls murder 12 neighborhood cats

You don't see beagles doing this!!

Sweet grandma "had to go" says Pittbull

Pitbull claims two-for-one special by eating newborn twins

Corgi killed in pitbull related mauling

Hero dog protects family from 5 year old

City overturns pitbull ban; attacks rise over 10 times

Family welcomes pitbull into their home and their hearts, but the beast knows no gratitude

Man gets between a pitbull and its lunch

Not even safe in your own home

"5 of us, one of you? Sounds like a fair fight!" Cowardly dogs devour toddler

Pitbulls responsible for 66% of all deaths caused by dogs

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

People who own pitbulls are the kind of assholes who beat their wives and girlfriends.

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.
now do humans

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.
My friend has one and I watch him all the time. He's extremely sweet/nicest pup I know and wouldn't hurt a thing. Maybe it is the owner who is the issue in like every single case just a thought

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
Society has progressed beyond the need for pitbulls

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

caleb posted:

My friend has one and I watch him all the time. He's extremely sweet/nicest pup I know and wouldn't hurt a thing. Maybe it is the owner who is the issue in like every single case just a thought

"It's so sweet, it wouldn't hurt a fly!" is the thing they say before "I have no idea why it attacked, it never acted like that before!" Every single time!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

caleb posted:

it's owners, but also previous owners, like who knows what happened to your rescue pitbull before you picked it up. if you raised it from a puppy and it bites, then you done hosed up as a shtity owner.

so like the thing is, lovely tiny or medium dogs bite all the loving time, way way more than any others. the littlest loving thing and those lovely dogs will bite you in some sort of just utterly sad display of power because they have insecure manlet syndrome but for lovely dogs. the "good" thing is their bite strength is the pressure of a shower nozzle so it will not usually break skin even. pit bulls are probably not any more likely to bite than say a blue heeler or poodle or something (well depending on how they were before you got one from a shelter/pound), but if they do bite, holy gently caress there goes your hand

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

excited to see the kinds of psots this thread will create if it gets past about........................ three pages

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Duh, they're dogs.

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
this is not my hill to die on i just really like dogs

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

I have guinea pigs, they own, unlike pitbulls. See here:

pigs own, they just poop a lot and then demand to be served carrots and green peppers and then wheek a whole lot. foster a guinea pig, help a small animal out.

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.
i lived with people who treated their pitbull like absolute poo poo, and if it attacked someone they would absolutely 100% say "WHAT?! BUT MY BABY IS SUCH A SWEETHEART!!!"

they wouldn't take the dog for walks and get angry when it took absolute giant shits in the house. like, it's not the dog's fault that it had to take a poo poo.

i started taking the dogs for walk and slowly started building up the dog's confidence because it was absolutely *terrified* to walk down the sidewalk.

a lady actually stopped to pet the dog and asked me if it was a rescue. nah, lady, but maybe it should be.

so you're saying it's the dog's fault, OP?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

If it were owners wouldn't the statistics for dog attacks be more evenly distributed across the breeds? If it were the owners, wouldn't municipalities that banned pitbulls not see such a dramatic decrease in the number of attacks, but rather a shifting of attacks committed by other breeds as the supposedly lovely dog owners just bought different breeds?

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i went to animal control to get a cat a while back

every single dog there was a pitbull

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
every pit bull I've met has been sweet, maybe you're a speciesist op

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
perhaps people who are attracted to the idea of having one around as an intimidation factor should not have pets in the first place

Drowning In Terror
Dec 10, 2008
Stereotypical female pibble owners are worse than stereotypical male pitbull owners change my mind

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

every pit bull I've met has been sweet, maybe you're a speciesist op

how come pitbull apologists are too stupid to understand the difference between anecdote and data? did a pitbull mistake your front lobe with a sleeping child and maul it?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

agreed op

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
the gently caress? this isn’t about the musician. 0/5 thread

op you misled me

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
lol at posting this is cspam

this is clearly a misplaced GBS thread

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I don't read GBS. I want my communist friends to discuss the best way to bring about a world safer for proletarian children (by getting rid of pitbulls).

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
op is such a bigot they refuse to write "pit bull" as two words. according to my statistics op, all dogs think you're a loser!

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

dogs are genetically very malleable for whatever reason, and humans have exploited that ability to create some true monstrosities, lovely hosed up dogs made only to feel misery, like pugs or those english work dogs used for turning the spit. so the idea that we created some hosed up dog race that is way too agressive for its own good is not really that strange

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Nah they're mostly sweethearts. I've had six and only one ever fatally mauled a child.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDwwAaVmnf4

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Slider posted:

I have guinea pigs, they own, unlike pitbulls. See here:

pigs own, they just poop a lot and then demand to be served carrots and green peppers and then wheek a whole lot. foster a guinea pig, help a small animal out.

also as you probably know they are social animals so be sure to get more than one

Mantis42 posted:

I don't read GBS. I want my communist friends to discuss the best way to bring about a world safer for proletarian children (by getting rid of pitbulls).

take care of the ones that are alive, but make breeding them illegal. then do the same for pugs and king charles spaniels (and probably some other breeds)

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

:goonsay:

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
they're dangerous dogs. it's that simple.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

You could get any kind of dog at all, why pick the one bred for mauling people?

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

i needed a dog to guard my house from the toddlers in my neighborhood

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

my sister's dog is a huge wuss, op

it's her coonhound you should be terrified of as she can climb trees and shelves and whatever the hell

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got two cats and they're great, complete assholes, bully me all the time

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

a pitbull took the op's house and kids and now the op lives in an apartment above the train track. its name was lena dunham and it was a sandwich

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
pitbulls are fine. they require more socialization than most dogs because they're more aggressive towards other dogs than most breeds. most people who own pitbulls don't know, don't care, or are just lovely people who want aggressive dogs so they treat their dogs like poo poo.

if you don't like pitbulls just get, i don't know, a caucasian shepherd or cane corso or something tame like that

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Taintrunner posted:

I got two cats and they're great, complete assholes, bully me all the time

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

my weed dealer has two really poorly behaved pitbulls and i went over there the other day to get some edibles and his hand was wrapped in a giant comical bandage, like a big gauze thing taping together all his fingers, because his dog bit the poo poo out of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008