Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Update 8. Buttlord VS Random Encounters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

cis female
lawful
chaos

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.
I can already tell this next segment will be a mess.

Votes:

Cis Female
Neutral
Ninjas

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Cis Female
Lawful
Ninjas

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Monica is right, South Park does need more female heroes.

Cis Female
Neutral
Crab People

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Cis Female
Neutral
Ninjas

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

True reality is on this side of the screen

Cis Female
Neutral
Chaos Kids

It made sense for my blaster focused character to be weak to characters immune to burn.

Plus I ship the New Kid and Butters.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Gender- Cis Female
Alignment- Neutral
Kryptonite- Chaos kids*

*Actually it’s tinfoil but since Chaos kids wear so much of that...

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Current Votes:

Cis Female: 7

Neutral: 5
Lawful: 2

Chaos Kids: 3
Ninjas: 3
Crab People: 1

I don't know what to be more surprised at: cis female getting unanimous votes or chaotic getting absolutely no votes.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I was gonna vote Chaotic, but decided to change it since I picked Chaotic when I played this myself. Such a great game, easily among my absolute favourite RPGs of all time.

And if that tie needs to be broken I can change my Kryptonite vote to Chaos Kids.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

1234567890num posted:

Current Votes:

Cis Female: 7

Neutral: 5
Lawful: 2

Chaos Kids: 3
Ninjas: 3
Crab People: 1

I don't know what to be more surprised at: cis female getting unanimous votes or chaotic getting absolutely no votes.

Cis female gets some good lines would be my guess for the uniform voting.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Looks like we're going with a Cis Female Neutral hero that's weak to Chaos Kids.

Oh by the way, a quick correction:

quote:

There are 5 tiers of healing items: Coon Cakes (10 HP), Burrito (20 HP), Quesadilla Especial (30 HP), Taquito Grande (40 HP) and Taco Supreme (50 HP). Currently we have 105 HP. I don't remember if those are the exact HP healed by each items, but they should be close enough.

Looking from it you might think that healing items are useless. They are definitely less useful than the Revive Serum or Antidote, but it's still very useful in a pinch (or when someone has nothing better to do).

That was TOTALLY wrong. The correct HP healed is 50, 100, 150, 200 and 250 respectively, which is obviously MUCH better. And playing through more of the game makes me remember how actually important it is :sweatdrop:

1234567890num fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Sep 3, 2020

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

1234567890num posted:

Looks like we're going with a Cis Female Chaotic hero that's weak to Chaos Kids.
I think you mean Neutral, no?

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.
No, Chaotic. Because we do what we want, regardless of what others think!

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Neutral can also mean that. I distinctly remember voting for Neutral. I had the understanding that it meant we were like a force of Nature that would decimate anything that stood against us without qualm, and no one would be able to predict where we stand or our actions. Wait a minute, that could be called Neutral or Chaotic. It could also be Lawful, considering we follow our own laws. Were these alignment terms ever clearly defined?

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

I accidentally wrote Chaotic while thinking of Chaos Kids :sweatdrop:

Anyway, have a new update!

Update 9. Buttlord VS Rednecks

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
If my hometown had residents like the Rednecks and a school counselor like Mackey... I would seriously consider moving ASAP.

For all we know, Mackey did call Kyle’s mom to tell her that her son is an asexual kite alien. The ensuing conversation was just too volatile even for this medium.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I just platinum’d this game. Are the DLCs worth it?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I'm assuming the line was to be "if you're a guy who likes dicks" or something seeing as this is south park.

That or I've been doing this cis male thing thing all wrong. And in that case, I don't wanna be right.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014

Dr Christmas posted:

I thought so. Decent expansions to the gameplay, more great South Park humor. Some lines you have to watch the delivery on, I really don't want to spoil them. If you enjoyed the main game, you'll probably dig the DLC too. Enjoy.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

achtungnight posted:

For all we know, Mackey did call Kyle’s mom to tell her that her son is an asexual kite alien. The ensuing conversation was just too volatile even for this medium.

Would've loved to see the trainwreck :v:

Dr Christmas posted:

Casa Bonita and Crunch DLCs are good. Danger Deck is good if you like a challenge (or if you're a completionist and don't want to grind money to get everything). The rest are worthless.

However, I suggest waiting for a sale before buying them. It's not like we're going to reach the DLC anytime soon :v:

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I remember there was a lot of press coverage about this section when the game came out, that along with the race section making your game harder, being nonbinary or trans would also make you more prone to getting in fights with random assholes because it is that true to life, and being a black trans/nonbinary option was this game's hard mode. So it is kinda disappointing to see these rednecks will pick a fight with you no matter what option you choose. South Park typically has been kind of backwards on these issues (that trans episode from last season was a goddamn clusterfuck) so we'll see how that promise plays out.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Update 10. Buttlord VS Priests

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Did we just help someone dine and dash?

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Ninjas vs Samurai- I'm actually more into Pirates, though considering how much Ghost of Tsushima I've been playing lately and how I wish you could do the game with more of an honor bent, Samurai may be a contender. :)

So all the Raisin Girls are named after expensive cars. Wonder if we have yet to see Bentley, A.M., Royce, and Lamba. The last three names being short for Aston Martin, Rolls Royce, and Lamborghini. Lincoln or Cadillac could also be cool names for them.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Between how lovely every adult that has attacked you is, and every kid you've taken on has been part of a watered down gang, I understand why they're showing some serious injuries, but drat, you went absolutely medieval on those Raisins girls just for doing their job.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

gently caress the Raisins section with a rusty fork, and gently caress the priests encounter too. Don't make fun of that poo poo, you hacks.

This game is stomach-turning, but honestly the way you're presenting it isn't great either. Was it really necessary to quote every single repetetive line the priests say during the battle? Including a couple that already showed up in the battle?

And you even managed to mess up one of the images, Jesus.

Also:

quote:

At least, that's the case before DLC was released. A challenge DLC gives a key item that lets us buy those summon items without any limit. That key item carries over to other files and I already got it from the toybox in our room. Yes, we could've bought this and all other summon items already from the Coon Store

Please tell me this DLC came with actual content because it's going to be so depressing to hear that you bought a DLC to let you spam summon items for loving South Park The Fractured But Whole.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mrs. Sexual
Feb 3, 2020

paradoxGentleman posted:

gently caress the Raisins section with a rusty fork, and gently caress the priests encounter too. Don't make fun of that poo poo, you hacks.

This game is stomach-turning, but honestly the way you're presenting it isn't great either. Was it really necessary to quote every single repetetive line the priests say during the battle? Including a couple that already showed up in the battle?

Also:

Please tell me this DLC came with actual content because it's going to be so depressing to hear that you bought a DLC to let you spam summon items for loving South Park The Fractured But Whole.

I just want to role play

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

paradoxGentleman posted:

Also:

if i can summon bahamut like its final fantasy 7 the best rpg its worth every penny

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

paradoxGentleman posted:

Well, at least this was true. And hopefully it's now untrue.

And it is a challenge DLC, so it has some content. Of course, we won't stand a chance until the endgame, so we're not seeing it anytime soon.

Seraphic Neoman posted:

if i can summon bahamut like its final fantasy 7 the best rpg its worth every penny

So basically never? :v:

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Update 11. Buttlord VS Annoying Commentators

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Nice update, this game was pretty decent, I played through it a lot! When I could play through it, that is.

I'd repick to Speedster and Psychic. I've gotten some good mileage out of Psychic, and honestly, I think Blaster is a little overused, and Speedster was good 'nough for me.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Brutalist Elementalist. I feel very -ist today.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Psychic Cyborg sounds too cool to pass up

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

True reality is on this side of the screen

Brutalist and Cyborg

Cyborgs attraction ability helps a lot with Brutalists poor range.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Psychic Cyborg sounds too cool to pass up

:emptyquote:

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

TheKirbs posted:

Brutalist and Cyborg

Cyborgs attraction ability helps a lot with Brutalists poor range.

^This is my vote. I don't actually remember everything's attacks that well, but I remember Cyborg had a lot of attacks running off the same stats as Brutalist.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Current Votes:

Speedster: 1
Psychic: 3
Brutalist: 3
Elementalist: 1
Cyborg: 4

Someone will have to break that tie between Psychic and Brutalist (or make it so that a second class has more votes than both of them).

1234567890num fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Sep 18, 2020

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Oh boy, we get to spend some more time in the place based on Hooters but with elementary school kids, and even find yaoi art of more elementary school kids in it! Later one we find some more where they swap spit or grope each other or where one sticks their hand under their underwear! Oh, how my heart dances with joy in seeing this fine entertainment showcased.

As an extra bonus we make fun of safe spaces and unions. Loving the politics here. Really loving them.

Even when it's not revolting on a conceptual level or going for the cheap grossout (Jizz-Encrusted Computer Keyboard, nice) this game's humor still mostly sucks. The bottomless lemonade joke is something an unfunny dad in a sitcom would say, and the "you thought you could skip this tutorial just because we made it look like you had the option? Haha, no you can't, aren't we clever" isn't much better.

Also, I can't help but notice that picking the Chaos Kids as your Kryptonite has no visible effect when fighting them. You'd think that they wouldn't bother calling that out if it's not going to affect anything anyway, but hey, why bother with stuff like that when there's poop jokes to make?

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Sep 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I can change my vote to Cyborg Brutalist if it will move things forward.