Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Good luck with this LP. I miss DoubleNegative's SSLP of the same game and will be following yours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Far be it from me to aggressively defend any thread here- I'll leave that to the creators and the board admins- but I think what the LPer is going for when he says he doesn't want to deal with politics here is he would rather people talk about the game and not get bogged down in discussions over issues about which we can do nothing.

We all know racism is bad. Casual racism is incredibly bad. Giving up on humanity and thinking everything sucks is also bad. But as you said, these attitudes are unfortunately part of South Park and its lousy style that passes for comedy plot. We just have to deal with that. If we can't, we should not view the show or play the game. Or read the thread.

We can and should eliminate such attitudes in our daily lives and work against their promotion in our society. That goes without saying. But we can't edit them out of the game, so we shouldn't waste time lamenting that fact. We should just acknowledge they're bad and judge the game as good anyway if we can find it possible to enjoy it despite the bad stuff.

I hope you get it now.

I'm not going to judge Ubisoft based on your accusations, I haven't seen the evidence that I presume exists to back you up. Even if I do see it in the future, I anticipate continuing to enjoy several of their games despite their mistakes. I can admire people for their good achievements while pitying them for their bad ones. I wish it was a more common quality in today's world. I also pray that if Ubisoft and other similarly sinning companies stay in business, they overcome and cease their mistakes.

Oh, and feel free to dis me for talking back if you will, I've said my points. I'll let the mods take it from here if you try and foster more chaos. AN Out.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Thx, I'll comment in that thread- maybe.

Thx also for making me see the end result of cancel culture and realize something very important about life. To do just about anything requires harming someone or something else. The clothes you're wearing? Some plant or animal died to make them, and it is quite possible the process of making them caused someone else harm too somehow. That food you ate at your last meal? Same deal. Oh, was it not meat? Well, plants still died and they may have been harvested by some kind of work practice you find objectionable. It is very possible. That song you like listening to? That book you read whose themes you respect? That game, TV show, or other media you enjoy. Quite possible that it was created or promoted by someone whom you might dislike or disagree with on some point, however profound does not matter.

Given all these facts, why do anything? Are you going to walk around naked? Are you going to stop eating? Stop doing the things you enjoy? Would you gladly delete an entire world's chance to learn any history or culture just to edit out the parts you find objectionable?

I hope not. And I know I wouldn't. I can and will learn from and fix the mistakes of my life. But I will still do what I must and what I want, because I can and because otherwise is not to live. Not like I can avoid making all mistakes. No one is perfect.

I hope to God you don't kill this LP. And that you think about what I have said before you continue your current attitude.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
"Car!" That will always crack me up.

Not saying anything regarding the trouble in the thread I was part of earlier. I think it best not to continue it for obvious reasons. That's all I have to say about that.

Somebody has to start the voting, so I'll go with what I said in DN's thread. Brutalist was too much like the first game, Speedster is a role in the team already filled by FastPass, so let's go with Blaster.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I didn’t know Supergirl rode a bicycle. Thought that was Aquaman’s thing. ;)

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Well, it’s good the Goth Kids are consistent I guess. Too bad there’s not a skull hat to go with our new outfit. Or is there and we’re just not wearing it to be conformist?

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
It’s cool. Skeletons with normal heads are also quite creepy and Goth outside Michael’s messed up view.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Hard to say who’s the bigger jerk- alternate Kyle, the 6th graders, or Cartman.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Glad the LP was updated. Loved the comments in this one, especially from Craig. “Who says I changed my mind?” :D

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Gender- Cis Female
Alignment- Neutral
Kryptonite- Chaos kids*

*Actually it’s tinfoil but since Chaos kids wear so much of that...

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Neutral can also mean that. I distinctly remember voting for Neutral. I had the understanding that it meant we were like a force of Nature that would decimate anything that stood against us without qualm, and no one would be able to predict where we stand or our actions. Wait a minute, that could be called Neutral or Chaotic. It could also be Lawful, considering we follow our own laws. Were these alignment terms ever clearly defined?

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
If my hometown had residents like the Rednecks and a school counselor like Mackey... I would seriously consider moving ASAP.

For all we know, Mackey did call Kyle’s mom to tell her that her son is an asexual kite alien. The ensuing conversation was just too volatile even for this medium.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014

Dr Christmas posted:

I just platinum’d this game. Are the DLCs worth it?

I thought so. Decent expansions to the gameplay, more great South Park humor. Some lines you have to watch the delivery on, I really don't want to spoil them. If you enjoyed the main game, you'll probably dig the DLC too. Enjoy.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Ninjas vs Samurai- I'm actually more into Pirates, though considering how much Ghost of Tsushima I've been playing lately and how I wish you could do the game with more of an honor bent, Samurai may be a contender. :)

So all the Raisin Girls are named after expensive cars. Wonder if we have yet to see Bentley, A.M., Royce, and Lamba. The last three names being short for Aston Martin, Rolls Royce, and Lamborghini. Lincoln or Cadillac could also be cool names for them.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Brutalist Elementalist. I feel very -ist today.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I can change my vote to Cyborg Brutalist if it will move things forward.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
That's what I get for not thinking about things. Make it Psychic Cyborg. I always did like Cable.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Where the heck are we hiding those Big Guns in our little kid body?

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Still loving Craig’s lines.

Getting out of costume requires QTE? That does sound annoying- and unique. Maybe New Kid is reluctant to stop playing superheroes?

Nice that Mom is obviously drinking red wine, not Chardonnay.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
The end of this episode feels a bit abrupt- did you mean to do more after introducing the dancers?

I think you’re almost past the point the last guy who tried LPing this game reached. Congratulations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
The Advancing Boss of Doom has been done many times in video games before, and better. But the way it's done is a bit unique here.