Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

ChrisBTY posted:

I'm having trouble accepting a world where people are happier working for IMPACT for like 1/5th the money (spitballed. I don't actually know I just have to assume it isn't good) than being in WWE.
Just...loving a.

In a lot of professions this is the case. People make bank mid-career, if they've done a good job managing finances, they don't need/value the paycheck as much as they do the freedom to pursue what they actually give a poo poo about. Autonomy is a massive deal breaker in many careers, let alone one where your entire public persona/brand is in the hands of someone else. Before social media, this was probably not as impactful, but maintaining that dual life has gotta be exhausting with instagram/tiktok/etc.

midge fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Sep 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

ChrisBTY posted:

I'm having trouble accepting a world where people are happier working for IMPACT for like 1/5th the money (spitballed. I don't actually know I just have to assume it isn't good) than being in WWE.
Just...loving a.

I think it's a generational thing where this crop of wrestlers values creative freedom a whole lot more than older wrestlers and they (probably rightly) see places like Impact and AEW as places where they can have that while WWE so clearly is not.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.
I pay for Impact Plus and I'm getting pretty tired of not being able to watch it until days later, when everything is spoiled over social media. Twitch is an option, but every time I've tired to watch it the quality, connection, audio has been a shitshow, not to method the asinine parts with people chatting poo poo between segments on their webcams . I don't have cable TV, nor do I want to sign up to a package to watch dumb wrestling once a week.

I feel the value is pretty low. Are there any options I'm missing here? It's frankly amazing that all 3 methods of consuming the media has a "cost", and the one that directly drives revenue from consumers is the worst option.

midge fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Sep 30, 2020

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Doesn't the WWE Network do the same thing, where they don't put up Raw or SmackDown for a few weeks after initial broadcast?

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Edward Mass posted:

Doesn't the WWE Network do the same thing, where they don't put up Raw or SmackDown for a few weeks after initial broadcast?

A month. I checked and all the episodes through March are available for free.

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Excuse me, is this where the bitches are found?

fatherofmustard posted:

A month. I checked and all the episodes through March are available for free.

Are they still on Hulu the next day?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Edward Mass posted:

Yeah, but WWE does that to satisfy the TV deals they have. Impact's parent company owns the network they're on.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Impact just landed their weekly on the only FTA sports channel in the UK and the PPVs on its sister pay TV channel. Indestructible.

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1312029579146489857

I miss the yearly tradition of writing Jeff Hardy off TV for the UK tour.

Edit: also the Victory Road ImpactPlus special is tomorrow:

https://twitter.com/FiteTV/status/1312166253612605441

My 30 day free trial seems to be available again, so I'll be catching this.

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1312445927827759105

J-Ro fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Oct 3, 2020

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Ethan Carter III will wrestle Moose at :siren: an undisclosed location :siren: for Bound for Glory.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Edward Mass posted:

Ethan Carter III will wrestle Moose at :siren: an undisclosed location :siren: for Bound for Glory.

WRESTLE ISLAND

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Edward Mass posted:

Raw Underground?!

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Edward Mass posted:

my fists and the silverware in them slam against the table as I chant ever louder: King! Of! the Road! King! Of! the Road! King! Of! the Rooooooad

“you can’t disclose a location that’s constantly moving” I shout triumphantly as I’m tackled and carried led back to my quiet corner

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

SatansOnion posted:

my fists and the silverware in them slam against the table as I chant ever louder: King! Of! the Road! King! Of! the Road! King! Of! the Rooooooad

“you can’t disclose a location that’s constantly moving” I shout triumphantly as I’m tackled and carried led back to my quiet corner

lol yesssss

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Edward Mass posted:

The Sentai Quarry?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the tna impact zone?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

JOHN CENA posted:

the tna impact zone?

Not gonna lie, considering their feud it would make a ton of sense.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

My discord suspicions coming true:

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1315306160409505792

The BFG card as of right now:

Eric Young (c) vs Rich Swann (Impact World Championship)
Deonna Purrazzo (c) vs Kylie Rae (Impact Knockouts Championship)
The Motor City Machine Guns (c) vs The Good Brothers vs The North vs Ace Austin and Madman Fulton (Impact World Tag Team Championship)
Rohit Raju (c) vs Chris Bey vs Jordynne Grace vs Trey Miguel vs TJP vs Willie Mack (Impact X Division Championship)
EC3 vs Moose
Eddie Edwards vs Ken Shamrock

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!
Jesus christ, a 4-team tag title match, and a 6 person X title match. Those are gonna be overbooked, sloppy, but potentially hilarious, messes. Only knowing a little about Rohit from the last time I watched Impact, when Drew Mcintyre, Samoa Joe, and Bobby Roode were still there, I've been pleasantly surprised by him with the lead up to and his title run, real fun cowardly, manipulative heeling.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

that x division match may as well be ultimate x

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Call Your Shot Gauntlet also announced for BFG.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That X division match sounds good as hell

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/1315653273051951104

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

heel turn posted:

https://twitter.com/fakekinkade/status/1295152227921821696

Shelley bringing in Benjamin Carter, Tre Lamar and Lee Moriarty rules, and I might actually have to start watching Impact on a regular basis.

Oh yeah, remember this? There's a Chris Sabin / Ben Carter match on the latest Xplosion.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Impact Wrestlers who were at the Collective:

Ace Austin
Alex Shelly
The Rascalz (all three)
The North (both)
Kylie Rae
Nevaeh
Kimber Lee

Hopefully everyone's OK for Bound for Glory.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/10/exclusive-impact-wrestling-star-granted-their-release-676087/

Daga has been released.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

fatherofmustard posted:

Daga has been released.

https://twitter.com/WrestlingTravel/status/1318990877101068296

gently caress, I'm ok with this trade tbh.

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1318715480048345088

Give Kylie all the belts that Jordynne doesn't take, you cowards.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1319743259376320514

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

I am excited for the better PPV of this weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6s1tq2r9Es

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.
Well, that was alright!

Where the heck was Kylie?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

midge posted:

Well, that was alright!

Where the heck was Kylie?

Fightful just put up on their Patreon that people thought the match was happening as recently as yesterday and all anyone knows is that she just wasn’t at the arena.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Fightful just put up on their Patreon that people thought the match was happening as recently as yesterday and all anyone knows is that she just wasn’t at the arena.

Hope she's alright.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Kylie... :ohdear:

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

I hope Kylie is ok, god drat.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

She worked the Collective, didn’t she?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

sportsgenius86 posted:

She did indeed :(

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

sportsgenius86 posted:

Yes but so did Alex Shelley (who did show up but got taken out before the match even started), and so did The North (who won tag gold tonight).

Only Rohit was able to successfully defend his title tonight.

J-Ro fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Oct 25, 2020

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

She did indeed :(

She worked Freelance on the Saturday night show and then cancelled on BLP the next day. So, either she got injured or has COVID related issues.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Per F4W:

"While explained on the pay-per-view as a no show, Bryan Alvarez is reporting she was held off the show due to an injury that isn't considered to be serious. No other details are available."

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

J-Ro posted:

I hope Kylie is ok, god drat.

Yeah same. F4W is reporting she was held out over injury concerns which is....something. It's very TNA that they would do a bait and switch and literally not acknowledge her existence at all. I know it technically tracks but something just seems off about the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

There are conflicting reports about it between F4W and SRS it seems like.